(56) In a flash of light

♛ Another Cinderella Story ♛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“So Min? What are you doing here? You are not supposed to leave the house!” Shin Hye hurriedly rushed toward her very best friend once she spotted her on the café’s doors.

 

“Hi, Shin Hye.” So Min smiled slightly.

 

“Girl! You should stay at home!” Shin Hye protested as her eyes wandered around, trying to locate something unordinary. Fear enveloped her. She knew that So Min was literally locked at Kim Mansion for her safety and she silently agreed to that. She also wanted her friend safe.

 

So Min hugged Shin Hye tightly. “I miss you.” She murmured sadly.

 

Shin Hye gasped in shock but then recognized that she had the same feeling. It had been weeks and she missed her too. A slight of happiness filled her heart even though concerned was also there. “And, me too.” She hugged her back. “But, I prefer you to stay safe. If in the case we can only talk through phone and skype, I am fine.”

 

So Min giggled and pulled over. “But, I miss your vanilla latte.”

 

“Tsk! I can come over and bring it to you.”

 

So Min headed to her favorite spot. “It won’t be the same.”

 

“Reason!” Shin Hye hissed in annoyance. Since when So Min became someone who wouldn’t listen to anyone else. Worse, it was for her own good.

 

So Min sat down. “How are you?”

 

Shin Hye sat in front of her. “I am ok. You?”

 

So Min took a deep breath and smiled. “Never been better.”

 

“Tell me. Does he know? I mean you are here by Mr Kim’s consent, right?”

 

So Min’s body stiffened. Since she agreed to Seung Hyun’s idea, she realized that she had been a very bad fiancée. She risked everything as in her relationship with Hyun Joong to be here. To her luck, President Kim understood her intention and granted to play along. But when Hyun Joong name was mention, guilt slowly ate her up.

 

“Oh God, So Min!” Shin Hye rubbed her face. She knew that So Min was being stupid again. “Go home. Leave now.”

 

“You are kicking me out?”

 

Shin Hye nodded eagerly. “Yes. Of course. Go. Before I make a scene here!”

 

So Min laughed. “That won’t be necessary. I am well protected here.” With the corner of her eyes, she glimpsed to outside the café.

 

Shin Hye followed through and spotted few Men In Black around, her bodyguards. She sighed deeply. “But, still.. Mr Kim said-“

 

“He is ok with it.” So Min lied smoothly.

 

Shin Hye looked at So Min’s eyes intently and raised her brows. “Really?”

 

“Yes.” So Min nodded. “Now, give me my vanilla latte and durian muffin.”
 

“You know that you will be the death of me.”

 

So Min suddenly remembered Bom. “I realize that. But I will not let it happens.”

 

Then Shin Hye realized her false words. “I am sorry. I didn’t mean-“

 

So Min reached for Shin Hye’s hands. “I know.”

 

Shin Hye truly felt bad.

 

“Please.. my vanilla latte and muffin?”

 

“Of course.” Shin Hye stood up.

 

By that, something caught So Min’s attention. “Eh, who is that?”

 

“Who?”

 

So Min appointed to a woman who cleaned a desk not far from them.

 

“Oh.. Shin Young Ahjumma. She is new. She asked for a job and since Woo Ri got an accident and failed to help here, I hired her.”

 

“I see.”

 

“Wait a moment.” Shin Hye walked away.

 

So Min kept her eyes on the new Ahjumma. Something bothered her. But, she couldn’t explain what or why. Out of nowhere, that ahjumma turned her head and met her eyes with So Min’s. That second, instantly.. Chill was down to So Min’s spine.

 

 

 

 

“That woman is- Something fishy.” Yong Hwa murmured as he stared to the new ahjumma through his IPad.

 

Seung Hyun nodded. “Luckily we were able to plant CCTVs all over the café even without Shin Hye realized it.”

 

Yong Hwa nodded. “But seriously, Seung Hyun. That woman.. My instinct said-“

 

“Wait for the next. We will play it good. I have good feeling for this.”

 

“Should we move to the next scenario?”

 

“Five minutes.”

 

Yong Hwa raised his face. “Are you ready?”

 

The couple who sat in front of Yong Hwa and Seung Hyun looked at each other before the woman nodded. “I am ready.”

 

“Honey-“

 

Tae Hee placed her right palm on Ji Hoon’s cheek. “I will be fine. I have to do this. This is a debt I should pay. So Min has suffered enough. Before, I just let it be even though I knew that it was all wrong. But, I stayed silent. But, not now.. She is a dongsaeng I have to protect. I will do anything for her.”

 

“But, please..” Ji Hoon took Tae Hee’s hand from his cheek. “Be safe.”
 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter