(40) Hope

♛ Another Cinderella Story ♛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

❀KIM HYUN JOONG❀

Oh, God! Please.. Please save her. Please, God. Please.. Please. I beg you with all that I have. I'll exchange my life with hers. Just take me. Take my life but spare her. Please.. Let her live. Please, God. Please..

"Hyun Joong.." Abeoji touches my hand softly. He has been letting me chant my silent prayers for hours. But now, finally, he decides to interrupt me. "Ji Yong already discovered who did that to So Min."

I open my eyes slowly but do not turn my face to Abeoji. I stare to pointless spot up front, still hiding my mouth behind my intertwined hands. I stay still, not moving my elbows from my parted feet.

"It's Kim Hye Soo. So Min's step mother."

I shut my eyes close again and back to chant silent prayers. I don't give a damn to people who did that to my beloved. My heart is full with wishes for her to stay in this world and next to me. It has no room for anger or hatred toward the bastards.

"Hyun Joong.. Do you want us to take care of her? Or we leave it to the authorized people?" Abeoji asks carefully.

"Leave it to the authorized people. Hand them the evidence. But, I want Ji Yong to take part. He should ensure that they get her. She and anyone related." I mumble behind my hands, still with close eyes.

No words are heard. Just footsteps that move away from us. I know that those belong to Yong Joon Ahjussi and Ji Yong. While Seung Hyun, Yong Hwa and Abeoji stay put.

"Go home and rest, Abeoji. I'll stay."

"I am staying."

I open my eyes again and turn my face to Abeoji. "Home and rest. You need that. Seung Hyun will accompany you." I glimpse to standing Seung Hyun. His outfits are tainted with So Min's blood. "You have to change your outfits."

Seung Hyun props the way he stands and nods shortly. "President Kim."

Abeoji sighs in defeat. "Yong Hwa will stay."

I nod.

"I'll ask driver to get your clean outfits."

"Thank you, Abeoji."

Abeoji leans closer and kisses my right cheek. "She will be just fine. So Min is a strong young lady." He taps my shoulder.

As much as I pray for her healthiness, I also have fear for her condition. Please hear me out, God. Please.. Don't take her away. She is my everything. I am nothing without her. For the first time in my life.. For the very first time since I breathe the air of this world twenty nine years ago.. I feel so helpless because of a girl, a woman, a lady. God.. I love her. I love her so much. Please have mercy. Please let me love her and let me feel loved a little longer. Please save her. Please God. Please..

"I am going now, Hyun Joong. I will be back tomorrow morning."

I nod again and say nothing.

Abeoji stands up after gives me his final tap and walks away. Seung Hyun follows him in silent, leaving Yong Hwa behind. With me. I glimpse to my wristwatch. Almost midnight. More than four hours already. And, still.. No news. Good doctors.. Please do your best. Please.. Bring her back to me. Please..






❀AUTHOR❀

"Yoo Bin? What are you doing here?" Automatically Seung Ri looked around, scanning the neighborhood. Just hours ago, he finally succeeded easing down angry Chae Rin. She was beyond mad since he left her at the club to experience totally wild night with Yoo Bin. And now.. She was here, standing in front of him.

Yoo Bin leaned against the wall and faked a sad expression. "You don't want me here?"

Seung Ri ran his fingers amongst his hairs, feelin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter