(14) The Masquerade Ball - Part Two

♛ Another Cinderella Story ♛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jung So Min



I sigh deeply. Aisshhh...Seriously flashlights!

Don't you have any other direction to be focused on? Don't you know that I am nervous enough? I don't need another thing to make me force a smile to be formed on my face.

I shrug as I walk over the red carpet.



The flashlights envelop my body, my whole body, as if the light is not enough to enlighten me. Luckily this is a masquerade party, if not, my face will be all over the media this very hour. Making Nanny Oh faints or even releases her last breath. Oh.. I only told her that I had some errands. Hope she will not wait for me.



I walk and walk and walk as I look down to my black stiletto. I sigh again in relief. Another lucky thing that Dara Unnie taught me to use high heels and even borrowed me her stiletto some times. If not, my face will definitely kiss the red carpet by now.
 


Few more steps and I am free from the flashlights as I begin to enter the lobby. My lips form into happy smile.



"Unnie!"



I raise my face and turn it right to the direction the voice comes from. I recognize the voice.

"Suzy!" I exclaim happily and both of us move closer to each other.



"You made it!" Her eyes sparkle behind the silver mask and she claps her tiny hands.



I nodded. "Thanks to your father and Yong Hwa-ssi." I said.



Suzy smiles ear to ear. "I am super glad, Unnie."



I tilt my head to one side when I suddenly feel curious. "Eh Suzy, how do you know? How do your father now?"



She grins. "About?" She teases me.
 


I pout. "You know what am I talking about. Me. The dress. The invitation."



She giggles. "We are your fairy Godpeople, Unnie. Just enjoy the party and find a good man." She winks at me. Making my face turns crimson in snap.



Fairy Godpeople? What is that anyway? This girl before me never fails in amusing me. I even wonder does she really twelve years old. Despite her cute look and petite figure, the way she thinks, speaks and behaves.. She is beyond twelve years old. She is so much self composed and mature. She inherits it from her Appa, I believe.

"Thank you so much, Suzy." I finally say.
 



Kim Hyun Joong



"Hyun Joong-ssi, do you want a drink?" A woman with red tube long dress asks me when I try to enjoy myself at the huge black couch.



I sigh deeply and shake my head. "No, thank you. Do you mind to leave me alone?" I dare myself to say it. I had enough to stalking women on my tail.



She is taken back and nods. "Sorry to bother you, Hyun Joong-ssi."



I nod and she walks away. I take few deep breaths. I still able to feel the gazes over me. I even aware that some of the women intentionally follow me to the lobby just to have a chance to talk or greet me. It is not like I am over confident, I just know it.



What a fresh air!



"AWW!!!"



I raise my face and find a young woman lays on the floor. She just fell I assumed. That young woman's mask drops and I recognize her in snap. Suzy! I stood up swiftly. Before I am able to move my feet, I see a woman with white short tube dress and black mask ran to her as the others just stared at her without bothering to help. That woman helps Suzy to stood up and examines her face, arms and legs carefully. She even swipes Suzy's dress from dirts. I can see that she is really care about Suzy. She asks her some questions which I believe that a simple 'are you ok?' Is a part of it and a 'are you sure?'.



That women does not mind to stay on her knees and keep her eyes at the same level as Suzy's. She smiles at Suzy warmly and full of concern. Even though half of her face is covered with mask, I can tell, that the woman smiles genuinely. They stay at the position for some times not minding others stares at them. Not even minding the flashlights from the media from outside. While the other ladies hold their chin up, that woman down to her knees for Suzy.



I am captived. Fully absorb the whole scene. Not letting my eyes off from them. I watch her stood up carefully. Standing on her feet gracefully. She is not tall. That stiletto helps her to gain some height. She has a petite and curvy body. The dress places itself perfectly onto her. I stun. Just by looking at their interaction, my heart grow in curiosity.



Who is she?
 

 



Jung So Min

"I am fine, Unnie. Eomma is waiting. We are going home." Suzy smiles at me and tried to ease my concern over her.
 


"Do you want me to accompany you?"



Suzy shakes her head. "No need. I am perfectly fine. I am going now, Unnie." She smiles. "I wish for your luck."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter