(16) The Masquerade Ball- Part Four

♛ Another Cinderella Story ♛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

JUNG SO MIN

My eyes widened in a snap. Shock.

His lips.

He is moving it slowly and tenderly over mine. His warm lips. I blinked few times just to ensure that this is not a dream.

His face is totally close to mine. His closed eyes.

One of his hands stays carefully over my waist and the other caresses my back. I cannot ignore to realize that all eyes are directed to us now. Low gasps are heard. Even the music stop. This cannot be true. It is a dream.
 


He pulls me even closer to his body. His lips kiss my lower lip then my upper lip before it claims both. He moves his head from one side to another. Open his lips then close it again. Open. Close. Open. Close. My whole body is shivering. My first kiss... Feels so right. The way I dream it.
 


Then, I also close my eyes slowly and surrender myself to the kiss. Following his action, I also move my head from one side to another. Open my lips then close it again. Open. Close. Open. Close. We move in sync. Perfect sync. No commando, but everything seems perfect.
 


Five past twelve.



I open my eyes swiftly and push him backward a little, making him opens his beautiful eyes too. My heart... It is jumping around under my rib cage. My blood pools on my cheeks. I inhale and exhale long breathes.

 

Oh God.

 

What is just happening?



"I am sorry." He murmurs low but still manage to stare intently to me.



I am speechless. We kissed. We just kissed in the middle of the room. In front of the crowd. In front of all guests. Please don't be surprise if you find my dead body tomorrow. His fans will definitely haunt me down and kill me in place.

Especially Tae Hee Unnie.
 


Oh, God! Tae Hee Unnie.



"I should be going." Again, I say with heavy voice.



He shakes his head wholeheartedly. "No!"



I dare myself to cup his face with my hands to gain his full attention. "Please don't make it hard for me. Or we will not be able to see each other again."
 


Now it is his turn to widen his eyes in surprise. I hate to say that. But, that is the true. "But-"



I sigh deeply. "Let me go for now. If..." I smile. "If you find me in the future, then you may force me to stay."



He releases short breath and smiles. "Cat and mouse game?"



I giggle. "If you want to see it that way."



He turns his expression to a more serious one. "But, I am really going to see you again, right?"



Oh Mr Kim.. If you only know. I nod. "Yes, you are. And, if you recognize me-"



"You are mine." He cut my statement. Saying it with full determination. Making me fly to the sky.



"I am yours." As the matter of fact, you don't have to wait that long. I am already yours the moment we share gazes at the lobby. I close my eyes again and meet my lips to his. Repeating our kiss a moment ago.
 


After we break our kiss, he crushes me to his body and hugs me wholly. The unspoken promise.



"I have to go."




Kim Hyun Joong



She walks backward slowly.

I cannot breathe. I cannot. I want to hold her tight and never let her go.

But her voice. Her tone. If I am not letting her go now, I will not able to see her again after... I cannot risk that.
 


She turned her body and breaks our eyes connection when she already enough far from me. The moment she vanishes from my sight, I think I suffer a heart failure. My body trembles.

STUPID! STUPID ME! I should have hold her tight! What if I really won't see her again? What if...



Then, I run. I sprint as fast as I can toward the door. No, baby. Don't leave. What if I cannot find you again? How should I life then?



When I reach the escalator, I see her ran across the lobby on the ground floor. I jump over the escalator, wanting to get to her as soon as possible. She is already stepping out from the lobby. I open my mouth to shout over her name. But... Who is her name? DAMN!



"WAITTT!!!" I shouted at the top of my lungs.



She open a black car door and turn her face to me. Her stare. She is leaving. She has no intention to stay.

I look back to her in horror. Fastening my speed to run to her. She steps into the car and it takes her away in a blink of eyes from me. The car vanishes from my sight once I walk out the building.
 


I put my palms over my knees and try to control

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter