(11) The Invitation

♛ Another Cinderella Story ♛
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jung So Min

"My Tae Hee got a job there. But, not as the position that you told us before." Hye Soo Eomma said. Causing me sighed in relief. "As the information girl on the lobby. You gave us false information." Hye Soo Eomma continued calmly as she sipped the tea from her cup.

I gulped hard. God, I forgot! If Bom Unnie was asked to move to the Presidential Floor, then Tae Hee Unnie was not the one for the job. Information girl? So, Tae Hee Unnie got Bom Unnie's previous job. "I am sorry, Eomma. It seems-"

"No need to explain." Hye Soo Eomma cut me.

I lowered my face. Feeling helpless.

"I am going to tell you about your next assignment."

I raised my face and my eyes met Yoo Bin Unnie's eyes in snap. Her stares sent shivers down to my spines. My body shook a little. I saw her smirked in victory when she saw the fear in me. I hurriedly threw my sight to Eomma who did not even bother to look up at me. She busied herself looking at our flat TV. "You should take Tae Hee to the Presidential Floor." She finally looked at me. Staring deeply to my eyes. "Often." She said. Demanding.

My eyes widened in surprise but I said nothing. Taking Unnie to Presidential Floor? But.. It was limited access. How?



"Able to do that?"



How?



"Maid?"

I met Eomma's eyes again. She looked directly to me. Firm. Intimidating. Scary.

"So?"

"Hmm.." Eh, wait.. Bom Unnie able to have lunch with us at the Presidential Floor before. At the our lounge. So, maybe Tae Hee Unnie was allowed to be there too. She took Bom Unnie's previous job, right? I thought Presidential Floor was not that limited after all. At least not for the lobby's information girl. I looked at Hye Soo Eomma and nodded excitedly. "I think I will able to do that, Eomma."

"Good!" She threw her sight at the TV again. "You are already have your dinner, I believe."

Just when she said that, my stomach growled loudly. Dara Unnie did asked me to have dinner with her. But, I decided to skip it since having dinner with her meant reaching home more late than now.

"Go to your room." Hye Soo Eomma said. Definitely ignoring that she just heard the sound from my stomach.

I sighed low. "Neh, Eomma. Good night." The punishment of me for being late.

 

 

❀AUTHOR❀

"What is this, Unnie?" So Min looked at a black thick paper on her hands. "Masquerade Ball invitation?"

"The Ball is for invitation only. People with no invitation could not go through. And, this goes for us too, So Min-ah." Dara Unnie explained. "I already got the invitation delivered to all the guest. They should receive it today. Still enough time for them to get ready."

"Am I invited?" So Min and Dara turned their faces and found Gummy walked closer to So Min's desk. Dara and So Min scheduled to finalize the Ball preparation at So Min's desk that morning. "I am invited, right, Dara-ah?" Gummy winked her eyes when she reached the other two ladies.

So Min giggled and Dara smirked as they heard the question.

"All of the ladies in Presidential Floor are invited." Dara grinned.

"Yeah! I am able to taste delicious wine!" Gummy exclaimed happily.

"Tsk! Such a wine addict!" Dara mocked Gummy.

Gummy just grinned and giggled quietly.

"A Ball." So Min mumbled as she stared at her invitation. Deeply.

Dara looked at her. "What is it, So Min-ah?"

So Min sighed then smiled lightly. "I have nothing to wear."

Dara clapped her hands in sudden grinned madly. "Well.. Thanks to me!" She bowed a little, grabbed something from below and handed So Min a green box that she took.

So Min's eyes widened. "What is this, Unnie?"

Dara smiled. "I have this feeling that you don't have a dress for the Ball. And, I decided to give you one of my favorite dresses." She tapped the box. "Hope this fit you. I am sorry for not buying you the new one. I don't have time to look for it."

So Min smiled widely. Tears were formed at the corner of her eyes. "Unnie.." Voice stuck at .

"Don't be a cry baby! Open it!" Dara said.

So Min nodded and opened the box carefully. Dara and Gummy looked at her with smiles on their faces. So Min gasped shortly as she saw the dress once the box was opened. Beautiful green satin dress. She took it from the box. Caressing it softly. It was been a while since she had a party dress. Since her Appa passed away, she never had party dress again. She never attended party anymore. Her Eomma did not let her.

"Beautiful." So Min murmured.

Dara took the dress and pressed it to So Min's body. Letting the dress fell down to her knees. "As predicted, this dress fit your body perfectly. Ahhh.. Luckily we have similar petite yet curvy body." She giggled.
 


Gummy laughed low.

So Min smiled and stared at the dress over her body. "This dress is awesome, Unnie. Thank you." She sighed. "I hope I really fit this beautiful dress."



"You fit the dress as the dress fits you."



The three of them raised their face and spotted Hyun Joong stood not far from them. All of them shock and stood properly. Dara who previously leaned against So Min's desk grinned shyly. And, So Min hurriedly put the dress inside the box.



"Good day, Mr Kim." They said in unison and bowed a little.
 


"Have a great chit chat ladies?" Hyun Joong smirked.



"Just settle a little bit of this and that, Sir." Dara walked closer to Hyun Joong. "Do you need me, Mr Kim?"
 


He shook his head. "How is the Ball's preparation, Sandara? Everything is on track, I believe?"
 


Dara nodded confidently. "Under control, Sir."
 


Hyun Joong smiled and also nodded. "Good." He looked at Gummy. "I wish to see President Kim?"
 


"I am sorry, Mr Kim. President Kim is attending Entrepreneur Forum at The Plaza." Gummy answered.



"Ah yes. How could I forget." He turned his face to So Min. "And, Mr Bae?"
 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter