Chapter 48

Something More Than I Ever Wanted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

beta  thanks to aenkr28

______________________________________

Chapter 48

 

It was shortly after breakfast when Jaejoong’s parents arrived, Jaejoong was in the living room playing with Changmin, as Jaejoong built up the blocks and Changmin took seconds to knock them down in fits of laughter. Jaejoong loved playing with Changmin in the morning. He went to the door when he seen his parent’s car pulls up, he looked to the mirror on the far side, why was he so nervou?. These were the people who raised him, surely they would listen to what he had to say. This was it. He took a deep breath before opening the door but before he did Yunho placed his hand on his shoulder, giving a light squeeze. “They will listen to you Jaejoong.” Jaejoong opened the door to his surprised his mother elope him into her arms.

“Jaejoong sweethearts can you ever forgive us?” Jaejoong listen to her words as she held on to him with all her might. Jaejoong turned his head to the side looking at Yunho. “I… We… your father and I didn’t realise…” She looked at her husband and then back. “We didn’t realise what we were doing, please forgive us. We know now that we shouldn’t have…”

“It’s okay, you only wanted me to by the old me. Umma I can never be the same as him,” Jaejoong told her. “I’m different… I still love you and Appa… that love is still in here.” Jaejoong pointed to his heart. “I know what it feels like now to be a mother.” Jaejoong looked into the living room to where he left his son only to widen his eyes at what he was seeing. Changmin was using the side of the table to support him on his wobbly chubby legs as he did his best to walk. The second he saw his parents looking as him, did he laugh before falling. Jaejoong went over to him kissing him.

 

“Seriously, you want to walk when you haven’t even mastered crawling now.” Jaejoong lifted him back on to his feet. Holding on to the tips of Changmin hand as he walked with Jaejoong’s support. “Keep practicing, and you’ll have it in no time.” Jaejoong’s mother came over to them kneeing down beside them a big smile. “You were the exactly the same.”

“What?”

“You didn’t really crawl, too busy wanting to follow you hyung, that you couldn’t wait to get onto your feet just like this one.” Jaejoong mother brushed her hand next to Changmin’s cheek. “You’re just like your Umma.” Yunho led Jaejoong’s father, who took a sit on the sofa while watching his wife and son entertain their grandson.

“How about I make some tea?” Yunho asked looking all around.

“I’ll help.” Jaejoong stood up letting go of Changmin’s hands who wobbled for a second or two before falling on his as he clapped his hands he reached for the block “Can you watch him Umma?”

“You don’t need to ask I’d love to…” Jaejoong mother answered. Jaejoong gazed at his mother as she played with his son. When Jaejoong and Yunho returned Jaejoong’s father looked at the tray. “Is that cheesecake?”

“Strawberry cheesecake.” Jaejoong answered him.

“My favourite…”

“I know…” Jaejoong answer simply with ease turning his gaze to his son as he sat on the ground beside him. Changmin had just looked at what his mother had put on the table, he wanted it. “You’re too young for that baby…” Jaejoong pulled him back and sat him on his lap. “Maybe when you’re a few years older.”

 

“Umma…” Jaejoong took a breath before looking at them. Jaejoong didn’t know how to start. His mother looked at him with her full attention waiting for Jaejoong to finish.

“Is it that hard for you Jaejoong to talk to me?” She was patient with her son, What Yunho had said the day before brought her a new insight to what they were doing. This time she was going to wait she looked to her husband.

“Jae what your mother is saying is, we will wait u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter