Chapter 43

Something More Than I Ever Wanted
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

beta thanks to aenkr28

______________________________

Chapter 43

 

 

Hyunjoong cupped his arm around his mother in case she falls, she lingered her gaze at Jaejoong on the stair. Here she was coming face to face with the ghost of her son. It was a lie she thought it wasn’t real or was it? She tried to speak but no words were able to leave her lips. Yunho looked at Jaejoong he looked as frozen as the woman that stood in their door way. Changmin was nuzzled again Jaejoong’s chest, it was only when he began to make baby sounds did Jaejoong before unfrozen and walked down to stand by Yunho’s side.

 

“J-jae…” His mother finally managed to call out his name, she reached her hand forward just to touch him to see if he was real. When her hand made contact with Jaejoong’s face she felt the warmth against her shaking hand. Her heart beat so fast, “It r-really you Jae isn’t it?” tears were forming from her eyes, though she couldn’t remove her eyes from Jaejoong. Jaejoong didn’t know what to say, he looked at Yunho and then at Hyunjoong both looking at him waiting for his reaction. He really wanted to ask Hyunjoong who she was, but he couldn’t find the right words. Was she his mom? That’s all he wanted to ask. His mother found herself repeating those same words. “It’s you isn’t it Jae… m-my son?” the words left before she could even think. Jaejoong looked at Yunho and then at Hyunjoong. Hyunjoong was already nodding at him.

 

“Yes…” Jaejoong tried to find the right words but all that came out was, “A-are you my Umma?” Jaejoong looked back at Yunho he couldn’t look at her if he did, he would have seen her turn to look at Hyunjoong wondering what the hell was going on. Why did Jaejoong ask her was she his mother?

 

“Don’t you recognize me?” She reach out her hand to touch Jaejoong’s face. When her hand made contact, Jaejoong felt the warmth of a mother’s touch. The same way he touched and held Changmin.

 

“Umma, there’s something I need to explain,” Hyunjoong called out to her, “Jae…”

 

“How long have you known?” she asked.

 

“Yesterday.” Hyunjoong told her. “Umma it is Jaejoong, but...”

 

Their mother was looking into Jaejoong’s eyes, She could feel the tension, something wasn’t right, “Jae don’t you know me?” Jaejoong couldn’t answer her.

 

“Umma… Jae…”

 

“Mrs Kim, would you like to come into the living room?” Yunho offered as he took Changmin from Jaejoong’s hold. It was just a precaution in case Jaejoong began to remember. The last few times, Jaejoong had collapsed without as much as a warning, which was a great concern to Yunho as they began to get worst. Yunho placed Changmin in his bouncer when the other took resident on the sofa Hyunjoong beside his mother. He kind of regretted bringing his mother as he looked at Jaejoong, in his eyes Jaejoong looked scared and frightened of what to say, he knew that. Jaejoong stood he felt so nervous he didn’t know what to do or what to say.

 

“Jae, do you know her?” Hyunjoong asked.

 

“Hyunjoong, what…?”

 

“Umma let Jaejooong answer, you’ll understand if you give him more time, Jae?”

 

“Ermm is she my Umma?” Jaejoong finally asked, he could see the shock lace Jaejoong mother’s eyess.

 

“Yes Jae, she’s our Umma. Don’t you remember? She’s your Umma.” Jaejoong looked at her before he shook his head no.

 

“Umma…” he wanted to hug her the same way he hugged Changmin. “Umm Yunho…” Jaejoong didn’t know why but he turned to Yunho looking for some encouraging words.

 

“Take you time, try and remember little things, just don’t force it too much.” Yunho cupped his arm around Jaejoong. Which didn’t go unnoticed by his mother, she looked to Hyunjoong for an explanation.

 

“Umma, Jaejoong doesn’t remember us.”

 

“Bwoh?”

 

“He was on that plane Umma, Mr Jung…” he couldn’t call Yunho by his name. He didn’t approve of his brother’s relationship and probably wouldn’t will, not until he knew everything. “Mr Jung found him floating in the water in Jeju. He saved Jaejoong Umma, he’s been looking after Jaejoong since then.”

 

“Why… Why didn’t we know?” she couldn’t believe it her son had escaped the plane. He’s alive.

 

“Jae…”

 

“Jaejoong can’t remember us Umma…” Hyunjoong repeated himself hoping the words would sink in. They talked about it for hours discussing it. Jaejoong talked a little, even when Hyunjoong gave the album. He looked through it page to page, but nothing really came back to him. But what he did get from the Album was that he was loved. Photo of his mother, his father… his brother. They were all so important to him he could see that. It hurt him not able to remember, not even a single detail. When he closed the album, they looked at him. It was Yunho that spoke.

 

“Anything?” Jaejoong shook his head no.

 

“Nothing, I can’t remember. I’m sorry Umma!” His mother brushed her hand over Jaejoong’s knee. Before she hugged him this is what she waited

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter