Chapter 2

Reaching You

'So sleepy', Micha thought to herself as she rised out of bed. She patted her bed head and got out of bed. "Time to get up." She said aloud and did a quick morning strech. She glanced at the calendar seeing it said it was now Mid November. "New year new me." She grinned and grabbed her personnals before walking to the bathroom to shower. Now in the shower her mind startes to waunder as it usually did. Micha was still thinking about what happened a few nights ago when someone actually thought she was stupid enough to fall for a scam. "Is the words 'easy target' written on my forehead?" She said and scrumbed her hair full of shampoo in fustration. Her brother Minki even laughed at her story when she called him that night saying, 'He was surprised she knew not to go away with some stranger.', Micha clicked her tongue and rinsed her hair.

 

Stepping out the shower she grabbed a towel and wiped the steam off the mirror. Taking in her full features. 'I guess I am not ugly if they tried to scam me with the idol routine. They only look for pretty people, right?' She thought to herself and pulled her cheek. Her hair was a dark brown color with a lighter brown overtone that went to her mid back. She felt that since her cheeks were a bit full it made her face look almost bloated and child like. Her nose giving her face a more regal look and went well with her almost full lips. Sighing she walked away from the mirror feeling she was running late for work. As she put on her under garments she realized that her shower actually did last longer than she planned. Micha felt lazy but wanted to be warm so she scrambled to find her black leggings.

 

Afted finding them she threw them on and walked to her closet. She flipped through tops quickly until she found her white turtle neck and sleeveless red plaid knee length dress. Putting the two on she did a quick spin in the mirror and deicided to wear her red ballerina flats with her hair in a messy bun style. She grabbed her house keys and satchel before running out the apartment once she hear her cell phone ring. "Coming" She shouted as she ran out her door as if the person calling, who she knew was Minki, could hear her.

 

Twenty minutes later, and a panting Micha, she made it to her job. She worked at the local Bakery in the city. Her brother rasied it up to what it is today after almost 5 years. The place recived a lot of praise from locals and tourists, the knowledge of this made her swell with pride for her brother. He was working hard on his dream and even looked out for her as well. He gave her a job where she mostly worked on sweets and he handled bread and beverages, making the workload easier on him.

 

She stepped into the shop, hearing the chime of the bell overhead. "Minki?" She asked in a sing song voice. Her elder twin bother stepped from the back kitchen and smirked at his younger sister. "Well look at this. A stray... hm. What animal are you again?" He asked and laughed when Micha imated the sound of a seal. "Sorry I am late but you will be happy to know I missed breakfast for you." She said. Micha walked to behind the counter to grab her apron and slip it on. "I feel so honored." Minki responded sarcastically. Micha stuck her tongue out at him and walked into the kitchen to start setting the fresh baked goods out for display for the day. The morning was going smoothly, with most of the usuals coming in for their brunch or food for the office. Twelve o'clock rolled by without either Minki noticing. "Hey boss. Are you going to feed me?" Micha asked her brother.

 

She was setting a cake that was ordered into a carryout box while Minki was making two frappes for a couple. "I was told not to feed strays." He said in a monotone voice, he was fully focused on the work before him. "I am going to eat samples then." Micha answered mimicing her brother's tone. She set the box on the counter for her brother to see just in case the customer came in.

 

Minki handed the customers their drinks and waved them off. He was about to sit down when the door chimed. "Hello, welcome to Freshly Baked." Minki said to the customer and felt his eyes widen. The Andy of Shinhwa was in his bakery.