Chapter 26

Reaching You

"Shut the hell up you self righteous moron." Micha muttered, not caring anymore on holding her tongue to her brother. Shinhwa looked at her in shock. They didn't know if she was speaking to Dongwan or her brother but the fact she said that surprised them. "Micha." Minki said, giving her a warning to watch her tone. "No, you all talked so now I will. It is just not right. Why should I go on a show that's about 'family bond' with her?" Micha yelled at him.

The twins stared at each other, daring the other to try and push them. "She wants to talk to you." Minki said through clenched teeth. "That is too bad then isn't it. I am done with her, she had many chances to talk." She answered and slammed her hand on the table. "Do not make me cut you out of my life as well. Dear. brother. You are behaving the way I told you time and time again I hated." She said coldly to her brother. "That was uncalled for." Junjin said to her not being able to take her attitude. Micha caught control of her surroundings again and looked around the room. Everyone was staring at her as if she suddenly became a stranger to them. She glanced at Minki, pleading with her eyes for him to help her out of this. When he turned she knew she was on her own.

'I need to leave her. Now.' She told herself and picked up her ukulele case. She couldn't think of the proper mask that would fix all of this, to make the questioning looks end. "I have to go. I am tried. Cranky. So why don't you all continue to talk and give news of what I should do. If you need me I will be out eating or something." She rambled and started to speed towards the door.

"Micha wait." Hyesung said following after her. "I will check on them." Eric told the other males, following the two. "I shouldn't have brought up meeting her mother." Andy said to Minki. Her mood took a sharp 180º since the meeting started. Minki gave a deep sigh and turned to the older man. "No no, I shouldn't force the idea she should meet her. I pushed too much on an idea that I knew would end up hurting one of them." Minki said then ran a hand through his hair. He wondered if he stepped on too many of her weak points. He also worried that she might start to shut him out now because of this.

- - - - - - -

 

"Yah! Yah!" Hyesung shouted after Micha. She didn't slow down so he had to jog to catch up to her. He grabbed her arm and forced her to look at him, ready to make her go back into the meeting room. "What? You are going to tell me to just forgive and forget too? Stop being so spoiled? I am sorry... I need to sleep. Wait, I meant eat. That was my reason right?" She asked and gave a harsh laugh. She was shaking roughly, clutching her ukulele. She was extremely confused on how she let things sprial so much. Angry tears falling as she grinded her teeth. 'How am I supposed to react? Did I make a mask for these situations?' She wondered as she was rambling. not stopping even after she realized nothing was making sense. Her mind was just in override mode, she didn't know what else she could do. She was scared of how they might react after seeing her like that. Seeing her say what was actually on her mind. "Come here." Hyesung whispered and pulled her into his arms. He cooed her to breath, that everything will be ok.

As soon she stopped rambling and just cried. Hyesung threw Eric a look, asking what should they do. Eric shook the door handle to an empty office and was thankful it was unlocked. "Hyesung." He whispered and pointed to the door. Hyesung steered the now quiet Micha into the room. Eric closed the door once they all entered. Hyesung had pulled the desk chair around to be closer to the sofa that was next to the door. Micha was resting her head on one of the arms of the sofa, staring at them. Replaying everything that happened in her mind. "She looks like a toodler, ya know." Eric whispered to Hyesung who, although hid his grin, elbowed him to realize her mood.

"Micha, did you mean what you told Minki?" Eric asked her. He was crouched down to her eye level and couldn't help but smile when she turned away from him. "Micha?" He asked again. "I didn't mean it. You all were ganging up on me not letting me speak. I slipped up." She mumbled, taking a deep sigh. The quiet contrast in noise was what she needed, she was able to think clearly now. Notice her mistakes and figure out proper ways to avoid them from happening again. Hyesung and Eric nodded, they realized they did make it seem that way for her. "We didn't mean to laugh." Hyesung said and tried to rub her shoulder. Micha turned to glare at him, making him quickly retract his arm. "Yes, you did. From the outside looking in I can understand why you laughed though, you don't know any better. I didn't understand Minki laughing and joking though. He knows me and her should never meet." She mumbled, stating all of this in a plain tone like it was facts. "Well." Eric said, "If you don't want us to laugh ever again why don't you explain why we shouldn't. We hate having you feel this way." He finished and sent her a reassuring smile. She glanced at Hyesung and saw he had a similar smile.

She sat up, 'If I tell them they could help me get Andy to drop this idea.' She told herself. But something told Micha she might have to tell them more. Atleast enough to cool their questions for some time. This gave her the final push she needed. She took a deep breath to calm her nerves. While she did this Eric and Hyesung sat down in the chairs they had set up. "My family is very distant. And it is my fault it is that way." She started. "There was an incedent that happened when I was five." She sighed and rubbed her palms together. "You are doing ok." Hyesung whispered to her, as if encoruging her to let them in.

"It got so bad at home they sent me to America because outer family and strangera didn't know how to behave around me. It was for the best.." She had to stop to will her voice to stop shaking. "My mother told me that it was my fault for causing unneeded stress and I needed to take respondsibility. That father was a fool for not cutting me off completly.." Micha gave a weak smile. "I actually beleived he would someday. That it would only be a one year or two year more of me having a family. Because I couldn't figure out how to become someone who couldn't cause problems." Micha bit her lip. She was hitting to close to the core, she needed to think of a way to detour around it. She didn't know she was biting it too hard until Eric scolded her.

 

"Why did they send you away? Were you rebellious?" He asked, Micha roughly shook her head at that thought. "My mother just grew sick. After Mijun died she changed into a completely different person." She said, letting herself remember the place she once called home. How close everyone was in their own way. "She would imagine things that were there. Force others to follow her ideas and not accept reality." Hyesung and Eric glanced at each other, now seeing in a way why she was distant from her mother. But created more questions. "I think because of this she blocked out the idea of Micha. That she had two sons instead." She continued. "Mijun is...." Eric said, letting her know she left a blank in her story. "Our older brother. He died when he was eight and we were five. There was a car accident when we were coming from school." Micha said. Stopping at this on the subject.

"So you were sent to America because she needed more space and time to heal?" Hyesung asked. Micha laughed weakly, mumbling something inaudiable under her breath.

"She wouldn't give up the idea that he was gone. She missed him so much that she made me into him. When I tried to remind her I was Micha she...." She said closing her eyes. She rememberd the few times she would lock her into closets, to make her remember she was 'Mijun' and not Micha. "Soon I started to realize this wasn't right. That I had to remind her I was her daughter. When I started this everyone me. Even Minki. He said I wasn't helping the situation." She continued. She thought about the days when she would observe Minki, how she mimiced his actions. How her mother would only smile when she behaved the way Mijun used to. How her pictures and presense would slowly start to dissappear from the household.

Micha sighed, "Mother didn't get better again til I was in ninth grade and by then I knew it would be impossible to go back to the past ." She whispered, slowly. Letting these words hang in the air. "But look how you turned out. A popular rookie idol who has companies begging her to feature on their songs and to act in their music video." Hyesung told her. "Don't you want to see what a blessing it was to have a daughter?" Micha shook her head. No part of her was ready to see her mother.

 "And you got to meet the famous Shinhwa and was able to call them your friends." Eric added, trying to ease the mood. She rolled her eyes, although she did give a small smile at the fact he used this as a chance to brag about Shinhwa. "Yeah. I guess so." She said. Hyesung tapped her wrist gaining her attention. "We will talk to Andy and see what we can do about the 'Mamma Mia' offer. But Minki is right you should talk to her. But only when you are ready." He said, he didn't take his eyes off her until she mumbled an 'I guess.'

The two men left her there , mentioning that they would take her home after speaking with Andy. 'I have a feeling this isn't the end.' She wondered to herself.