Chapter 25

Reaching You

"I am pleased I could get a chance to meet you." She said. Sitting down across from him. She called him almost two weeks ago asking for a chance to talk with him. Andy couldn't help but notice the air around her was different than around her husband. Where he was hard, cold and made you want to listen. She was calming but distant. As if telling you it was safe to talk but you shouldn't expect her to give an answer easy. "No, thank you for meeting me Mrs. Song." Andy said to Micha's mother. She had some of Micha's features like her face shape, cheekbones and nose. But everything else was different.

'They take more after their father.' Andy concluded. "I wanted to ask how Micha is doing." She stated. Andy raised an eyebrow, not expecting her to WANT to meet her daughter. "I can tell by your reaction that my husband was here. I know he has good intentions but I want to meet her and make up for lost time." She said shyly. Andy noticed she had perfect posture, something about the way she held herself reminded him of Micha. "That would be up to her." Andy said. He didn't want to interfere too much with her personnal life and make her warry of him. Micha's mother sighed then getting the attention back on her.

 

"Micha is a closed off person. Always thinking the worst of others before knowing them. And I blame myself for making her like that. She wouldn't want to meet me on her own. So I need you to help me. Help a mother meet her child." She stated, something about the way she said this made it sound almost like an plea. Andy fixed his tie, he needed help with this one. He told her he would see what he could do and reminded he couldn't make any promises.

- - - - - - -

"I called you all here with big news." Andy said to the group. Shinhwa and the twins were sitting in an conferance room at T.O.P media wondering what was going on. "Is it you buying dinner?" Micha asked, hope evident in her voice. She just finshed her schedule and was dying for food. Dongwan seconded that idea, mentioning that it was Andy's turn to buy. "Then why am I here?" Minki asked. He didn't want this to last long since he had a shop to run. "Micha." Andy said, ignoring the others when they called him cheap. "How would you like to be on Mamma Mia next month?" Andy asked.

Micha blinked a few times before laughing loudly. "You are joking right? You need a mom to go on that show. Unless it is a sibling special." She said, a scowl formed when he didn't laugh along. When Andy said it was a regular episode she glared at him. "No thanks." She said to him, "Minki can you buy dinner tonight?" She asked her twin. Ending her half of the conversation with the CEO. "She came and wanted to see you." Andy said to deaf ears. "Really?" Minki asked, he was surprised their mother took the first step in meeting Micha. Junjin congradualted Micha on what he saw as a breakthrough. "I want something with noodles." She said to herself in a sing song voice. "If you call your mom she could make you some." Eric said in an enthusiasticly. Minki nodded, "Mom is a great cook. Micha you should meet her. See if you could share recipes." He said to his twin.

"I don't want to see her." Micha said to the group. "You can talk to her about your new life though." Minwoo said, he told her about how his own mom reacted to his idol life and asked her to tell him if hers does the same. "Let her meet Peanut and see your dorm." Hyesung said, he asked Andy what her mother looked like. "I don't want her to meet Peanut." She said, this time in a lower voice when she relaized she was being ignored. "She might want clean up her dorm. Our mom is a bit of a neat freak." Minki said over her, he started to tell about different times she went into a 'Spring Cleaning' mode through the years. "Remember Mimi?" He asked Micha. She sighed and asked Andy to tell her mother she didn't want to meet.

"You should atleast talk to her. She came all the way here to talk to you." Minki said to her. "No, thank you." She said with a false smile. "If you do meet think of the doors that would open. You could be Mamma Mia regulars or do mother-daughter magazine spreads and CFs." Eric said, hoping this would change her mind. "Our mom was a model when she was our age."Minki threw out there. "Mother-daughter models. What a family." Minwoo joked, he asked Minki if Micha would look like her mom. "If she can sing they could sing a song together." Dongwan added.

"We can ask to meet her in a few days. Have her meet Micha then have a pretalk before the taping Mamma Mia." Andy said, everyone's ideas were getting to him. "The first look into Micha." Minki joked. "Maybe soon dad might evn join." He said to Micha. Micha stared at him, wondering if her brother was seriously going to ignore her veiws. "If your mom came then your dad might come next." Hyesung said to her, thinking on the idea. "But he won't so lets end this conversation and get dinner." She said, hoping someone might pick up her hints that she wants to go. Minwoo clapped his hands, a sudden idea came to him. "What if they go on a variety show about family and it could film all of them eating and making dinner." He said. Minki joked that he would make the desserts.

"But first Mamma Mia. What will you talk about?" Junjin asked Micha, telling them they were getting too ahead of themselves. "We could talk about how we are so loving." She answered, full of saracasm. "Micha. Be serious, Mom did come here for you." Minki told her. He reached for her hand but she swiftly pulled it back. "Come on Micha. Don't you want to be a family again?" He asked her. The side conversations were dying down, making the twin's seem louder. "No." She said, combing her fingers through her hair. "I am hungry and want end this unneeded family talk." She finished. Minki glared at his twin, "I am tired of this Micha. I want us all to be together again. Didn't you use to want that too?" He asked her. When she didn't answer he continued, "Mom came here with open arms and you shut her out. I just don't get you. One minute you beg for her to look at you and the next you push everyone away. You don't know what you want." He said, not caring who heard.

"Why don't you shut up since you obviously know nothing. I have my reasons why I don't want to see her so leave me alone." She yelled at him. "Hey, why don't we all take a breath. We don't have to do the show and you don't have to meet her." Andy told Micha. "No, meet her. Meet her and see you are making her into the bad guy. Like you are trying to make me now. Like you make everyone." Minki said to Micha. "Come on this was supposed to be a lighthearted meeting." Dongwan said to the two twins. The room turned quiet. Micha gave her twin a frosty glare as he sent one just as strong back