Chapter 28 pt. 2

Reaching You

"Go out with me." Hyesung repeated. Micha continued her dumbafound face. When she realized he was actually serious she grew pissed. "Are you a moron sunbae? Did you not just hear me? I said I don't know how to get close to people." She asked him glaringly. Hyesung didn't answer and drove when the light turned green. "I mean who would want to date me? Wait. Is this a trick? Are you trying to 'save' me? Your type is likes to think they can care for anyone." She continued growing more irratated at his silence. "You are not supposed to confess to a girl like me. You are supposed to date someone clean. An ally. Someone who won't question your every moment. Someone bubbly or something. Someone who knows who they are!" She snapped. Not able to take the pent up emotions she screamed into her hands. Calming herself, she steadied her breathing. She didn't want to have an attack here.

"You are teasing me aren't you? You are going to tell me now you were joking." She whispered. When he didn't answer she pleaded that he admit he was toying with her. "Why won't you speak?" She asked. Micha knew she would have to calm herself again. Her emotions running too wildly now. "Because I was using this as a chance to get to know you. And have you actually speak what is going on through your mind." He stated, making her sit back up. She couldn't understand his angle. "As to why I am asking you out, well, I think I am in love with you. Or at least the you I have actually seen." Micha scowled, processing this information. "What do you mean 'seen'? Which me exactly? Since when did I fit into your ideal girl catagory?" She asked. She doesn't remember using any other kind of masks around him. Not one that would catch his attention espically. When he shook his head she was stumped.

"I mean the you who worked hard even though she is a crybaby who gets embarassed easily. But still is striaghtforward with her words, not able to lie when asked for the truth." He answer smiling at a hidden thought. "I never acted like that..." Micha said slowly, racking her brain. She doesn't ever remember creating that personality. "That is the Micha I always saw. There is also the lazy side of you that I grew to like as well." He continued to list different sides of her, she started blush not realizing he noticed all these sides. "Some of those are fake." She admitted when he was done, still amazed though with how much of her he caught.

Hyesung smirked. "But the side I feel strongly for isn't. I can tell because you acted like that with Peanut. You don't pretend around her." He noted. When she called him a stalker it was his turn to blush. The car grew silent as his confession sat there on the table. Micha stared out the window watching the busy night life start to pick up and Hyesung kept his eyes forward. "But why would you still confess to me. You know what I am like. Your taste aren't normal if you are serious about this." She whispered. Hyesung glanced over and saw she was still looking out the window.

"And I realized I like that side of you as well. Even though you hate it, I liked that you were open enough to explain why you are like that. Even though I don't agree with the reasonings. I liked the you that came out each time you 'slipped up." He admitted.

"I don't see you as anything more than an enemy right now." She stated.

"I figured."

"I probably won't even let you touch me without permission."

"I can wait. But it isn't that hard since you have been holding my hand for the last minute or so." Micha snatched her hands away, not realizing her own actions.

 

"I have a bad personality. You will grow to hate me the longer you are near me."

"How do you know that?"

Micha shurgged. "Because people stay away from me. Until I change back to the personality they liked originally. It is either that or distantly watch me." She admitted. "Are you sure it's not because you are so guarded? Me and the others could tell the moment we met you. Even now." Hyesung told her making her confused. "Then why do you bother hanging out with me?" She asked, taking her eyes from the window.

"Because we can see the real you through your fake personality at times. And when we do we get hope to see more of it. Or that might just be me." Hyesung stammered, ebarassed at his confession. He was happy he was driving because he was sure he wouldn't have been able to look her in the eyes. "Will you stay by my side though. No matter how much different my real self is from what you might think it is. You will still at least be my friend?" She asked shyly. His nerves were starting to get to her again. "Of course" He answered. "Will you seriously be by my side? You will be ok with me as I am? You won't have an ideal me? I can be myself around you? No judging? You promise right?" She quickly asked. Hyesung was again reminded of a grade schooler by her simple yet innocent questions they would ask.

Micha was growing curious. His confession, although odd, seemed to open a new door for her. She would have someone to relax around other than Peanut. Maybe even be able to voice her inner thoughts to someone. Hyesung had to park the vehicle. He stupidly glanced at her and saw her smiling shyly at whatever was running through her mind. Her behavior struck him through his one weakness. Natrual agyeo personalities. 'I might have to be watched around her.' He told himself, wondering how he was able to drive correcrtly with her like this.

"Well?" She asked, making him embarrased for having those thoughts at a time like. "I want you to become so comfortable around me you think about me as much as I do you." He blurted. He watch her face turn red, starting with her cheeks to her ears. "Pa-pa-pabo-sung! You ert prince. Eroge man." She stammered, making up as many names as she could. Hyesung laughed at her calling her cute, earning him more names. "See. I like this side of you." He stated. Micha turned away from him, covering her face. She didn't ever remember being this shy or attentive to how she was acting around someone.

 

"You are too much." She mumbled into her lap. She didn't even know if she was still hungry, there were too many knots in her stomach at the moment to tell.