Chapter 19

Reaching You

Micha sat in the chair and watched the stylists work their magic. Today was her first modeling gig, she was pleased to find out it was High Cut magazine. The director saw one of her lives by chance and said she had the right look she was looking for. She mentioned that it was Micha's collab stage with Teen Top during the Music Festival that made her sure of this choice. The stylist finished and instructed her to stand up. They dyed her hair a darker shade of brown that could have been mistake for black. They also gave her bangs and fluffed out her hair.

She had on smokey eye shadow and pink lip gloss. Micha was wearing a white sleeveless shirt that easily revealed her belly button when she raised her sholders. White washed jean shorts and faux suade ankel boots. Over all of this was a black cotton robe featuring a gray tie-dye hem, crocheted detailing, and ample fringe with flared sleeves. Around her neck was a brass colored necklace with hanging pendants and fringe chain detail. There was also a thick mood ring on her index finger. "Indie look?" Micha asked the stylist who nodded. "Lets get you to set so that way we can get your next outfit together." The stylist said as she walked out. Micha nodded went to the director.

"Lily you look just as I imagined. But you are missing something." The director said to her and asked the stylist to hand her the thick framed sunglasses. She put them on Micha and asked her to lower her head and look over them. "Perfect." She said and started the shoot. Micha was on a off white backdrop. She was told to start off by giving a cocky feeling without smiling. 'This I can do.' Micha thought to herself. She mastered giving off the right emotions without expressing it on her face years ago. The shoot lasted thirty minutes before they dragged her away to a dress change. She went from rocker to studious for the last two outfits and now she was in her last run through.

Her was now in a thick side braid with some strands purposely stuck out and was slightly curled. She was wearing a mint chiffon dress with a colorful floral print and lattice detailing at the front and back of the bodice. It was fully lined with a semi-sheer hem. She also had on faux suade knee high laced boots. And a straw fedura with a turquoise stone necklace. Micha liked how the outfit came off revealing thanks to the lattice but was acceptable since it properly covered the right places. She sat on the stool that was placed on set and waited as a staff hand was getting her prop. "Be careful" she said as she handed Micha a fish bowl with a goldfish in it. "Lily, I need you to give us your most natrual expression. Focus on expressing yourself through your eyes." The Director told Micha. She nodded and prepared herself.

The Director called for the photographer to start shooting. Micha focused her eyes on the wall behind the director. She allowed herself to image what Minki would say if he saw her now, doing more than either of them could imagine for her. While she posed the Director felt stunned by her expression. "She looks as if she is deciding to cry or smile." A staff hand whispered behind her. "But the odd thing is her face doesn't show it. If you covered her eyes you would have never imagined her giving off this kind of skill." Another answered her and lifted a paper to deminstrate it. The Director agreed with them but felt they were missing another element. 'She comes off as wounded. You want to get close to her but you also know there is something mysterious about her. Something you don't know if you are ready to know.' She thought to herself, she also noted that Lily seemed to be handling this shoot as if it was a breeze. Most rookies had trouble not showing their expression on their faces or were stiff in front of the camera until midway through the shoot.

"She will easily get another modeling job." She said out loud. The photographer next to her agreed and joked that they might have to fight to book her someday. "The weridest thing though. in her music video. She looked..." he started. "Fake. Unrealistic. Forced. Just a surface emotion with no depth." The Director listed and smiled when he told her enough. "Modeling does her more justice than videos. You can tell Lily will have a hard time if she was offered a CF deal." He muttered. The Director called out for the shoot to finish and the last photos were taken. Micha handed the staff hand the fish bowl and wobbled off the stool. She caught eyes with the Director and gave her a small bow. "She will until she realizes it is time to let go of whatever secrets she is holding." She said to him cryptically.

- - -

Micha bit into her apple. She was exploring T.O.P Media's building and eating lunch while her manager was in a meeting. Micha had nothing better to do so she offered to wait for her. Since her dorm was across town and she didn't want her to be late. Micha sat on the stairs and continued eating her apple. So far she walked everywhere she was allowed to walk on the first and second floor. 'I wonder if I should thank Andy.' She pondered. She noticed there were no male stylists this time and the only males were two photographers and staff members that focused on heavy lifting. She didn't want to come off as ungrateful but she also didn't want him to continue to pull strings like that.

"Oh, our sweet Lily is here." A male voice said behind her in a teasing voice. She sighed, knowing who it was the second he opened his mouth. "Anneyong Eric-sunbae." Micha said looking up at him. "How are you feeling?" He asked her, when she said ok he tsked and asked her why she only ate in small amounts when she is alone. Again. Micha shurgged, "I guess it is because at the borading school I could survive off snacking on small amounts of food through the day or survive a day without food until I could make it to the meal hall.. force of habit I guess." She explained, she finished the fruit and put it in a zip lock bag. "That is unhealthy. What kept you from eating?" He asked her.

"I had better things to do. Like keeping my high rank and club activites. Also I had to make sure I fit in with others, that I didn't come off as different." Micha said cooly, Eric could tell her words had a double meaning, one which she didn't want him to ask about. "So you were a smart kid?" He asked and raised a brow. He wanted to lighten the mood between them, they never really had a one on one conversation before. Micha smirked. "I was in the top ten as soon as I could understand and write in English fluently. I stayed in the top five during high school and graduated as number one." She said, she knew she might have sounded cocky but she was proud of her hard work. She laughed when she saw Eric was looking at her with wide eyes.

"What?" She asked. "You are a lot smarter then you let on." He said. "Because I still haven't fully grasp Korean as well as I hoped. I only came back here for a few summers and holidays but I only really spoke it growing up because of Minki. His letters and calling was the most Koran I heard til college. By then I got a crash course thanks to college being unwilling to accomodate to English speakers. I just speak what I know and form my words into simpler thoughts-- words. When I speak them. Wait, thats not right." Micha rambled. She blamed him for causing her to mix up her words because he pointed it out. "Are you waiting for Andy?" He asked her, finally relaizing how odd it was that she was here. "No, my manager. Why are you?" She countered. He explained to her that they were starting the production of their new album. "Is it ok for you to tell me this?" She asked him.

"No, we are supposed to keep it under wraps." Andy said behind Eric, scaring the both of them. "My heart is getting weaker every day." Micha muttered and tapping her chest. "Micha, your manager is at the front enterance waiting on you. She has your new updated schedule as well." Andy told her, after apologizing for taking longer than planned. She bid the two men good bye and left. "Why were you just standing here?" Andy asked Eric. "I thought she would get scared if I got too close." He answered. After the information they learned he was a bit wary around her. "Just treat her like regular. She talked to you for a bit longer than she used to." Andy said, he also mentioned he now knew something the others didn't. Eric's face brightened and he pulled out his phone. "I know just who to text and tease about my knowing something he doesn't." He said in a childish tone. 'Look who is closer to her~'