Chapter 27

Reaching You

The ride to Micha's dorm was a quiet one. Since Hyesung was driving Eric had to watch Micha, he felt her quitenesss was eery in a way. Most of the ride though she was staring out the window with a glazed expression. 'She seems ok.' Eric told himself. After talking with her in private and telling Andy what she said the group decided it was best to end the meeting then. Minki though made no move to check on Micha, something all the men took as odd. "We are here." Hyesung said, looking in the over mirror at Micha. She shrugged and got out of the vehicle, feeling more drained then she could have imagined.

Micha thanked them for the ride and walked into the buliding. She saw someone standing next to her dorm's door. Seeing a familiar figure she froze in her spot. 'What is she?' She asked herself, calming herself down in the process. She couldn't have an outburst here. Micha walked up to the woman, revealing no emotions on her face. "Mother." She stated, giving a small bow. Her mother looked at her and smiled. "Micha-ah you really have a nice home. The lobby is even beautiful." She said in a voice that seemed too childlike to Micha. 'She must be hoping for something.' She thought. "How did you find my address?" She asked. Not enjoying the idea of her popping up again.

"Minki told me. Just like he also told me you are making many new friends." Her mother continued. Micha clenched her teeth and look to the ground. 'I forgot Minki was still close with her.' She told herself, cursing herself for forgetting a huge detail. "You looked so pretty on television. Your singing has improved so much since you were young. Even took up other talents." She reached out her hand to touch Micha only to be slapped away. Micha glared at the woman she was supposed to call mother. She looked weak in her eyes, more of the child. Not the parent. But Micha felt no need or reason to go easy on her. 'I was weak than too and she felt no mercy on me.'

"Don't touch me with your filthy hands." She said in a low voice shocking her mother. Mrs. Song tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, a nervous habit she had. "I guess you still see others as dirty though. But I am happy to see you are better in other ways. I wanted to ask if you would like to have dinner with me. Tonight if possible" Her mother continued with shaking hands. 'Don't act like that. You are an adult .' Micha scolded her mother in her mind. She wasn't supposed to be here.

"I ate dinner." Micha lied. Walking around her to go into her dorm. "Wait. Was it with the men Minki told me about or was it just Minki?" Her mother called. She wanted to continue talking with Micha before she shut her out. When Micha didn't answer she reached for her arm stopping her from moving. "Micha, I know you still dislike me. But I am proud of how you turned your life around. I was worried about you. When you would wake up at night crying about how you didn't know who you were, I was scared." Her mother said to the back of Micha's head. "Minki is as well. Well was rather. I am proud of you though. How strong you became." Her mother rambled so much she couldn't hear Micha's whisper.

"Strong? Is that what I look like?" She whispered again. Her mother smiled happy to get a reply, "Yes, so strong. After what happened I thought you might become recluse but you are facing the world head on. Making friends and soon you might even fall in love." Her mother said. Micha sighed and looked at her mother. 'Strong?' She thought to herself and laughed loudly at the thought. Her mother gave a nervous laugh. "People like you really do know how to stay positve. Always ready to push the past far away when you are ready to move on." She said, her joking face quickly turned into a cold expression.

"People like you always make me slip up. Reveal unneeded feelings to the enemy. I hate your personnality types the most. Or rather you. I hate you the most." She stated, pulling her arm away from her mother when she squeezed it. "Friends? Love? Why would I want those things? So people can gain ways to use me how they feel? Like you did?" Micha continued rasing her voice an octive. "I am behaving properly so the enemies don't know I am on to them. That I am not falling for weak tricks. That I won't be easily pushed into a corner again." Her mother looked hurt at Micha's words. 'She hasn't changed. She is still walled off.' Her mother thought to herself. She knew pushing Micha would come back to haunt her. Just she thought being sent into a new envioment when she was young would have taught her being herself was ok. No to see life as her vs. The world.

Since she became closed off and unwilling to speak to family anymore, she thought Micha needed real friends. "But Minki said..." her mother whispered. Jumping when Micha gave her a colder look. "He is like you. Always looking for ways to help. Forcing it on others until they bend in compliance. I wanted to ease his mind, have him focus on his own life. Not dig into my own. He deserves some happiness for being stuck with a twin like me." Micha explained, a daze look formed in her eyes. "But I wonder. Since when did you gain intrest in 'Micha' again. " She paused, looking up at the setting sun through the hallway's window. "I used to wonder if it was truly my fault, that I was to blame for Mijun. That I should pay the price. That the world hated the idea of 'Micha'. Thanks to you lying and hiding has become second nature to me. So much that I forgot who I really was long ago." She looked at her mother who was now crying. "So much so that I wonder have I ever really cared for someone. Tell me, was I ever close with someone. Did anyone ever tell 'Micha' that they loved her?" Her mother was in shock. She never imagined Micha's mind was like this. She sounded so frail, the total opposite of what she imagined. Not the strong girl she thought, hoped she had become.

"The Micha you want me to be. Just like with Mijun, I will be your dream child." She said, causing her mother to look up at her through her sobs. "Tell me. I will become it. If it will truly make you happy." Micha crouched down and touched her mother's cheek. "But don't expect me to grow close to you. That is impossible for someone like me. I am sorry." She gave her mother a bight smile that to a normal person would have warmed their heart. But the effect gave her an opposite effect. She was scared of her daughter. She was afriad she turned her daughter into a empty shell. "Micha." A voice, that was neither of theirs snapping them out of their eye contact.

"Oh, Hyesung and Eric-sunbae why are you here?" Micha asked in a playful tone. The men looked from her mother who was shaking and the smiling idol. "You forgot your ukulele." Hyesung said rising her case to show her. Micha looked around herself, and laughed at how she forgot it. When she walk to him to get it, rambling on that she was clumsy when she was hungry. "Than---" Hyesung grabbed her hand. "You were upset earlier. Why are you cheery now? Why is your mother crying?" He asked her, her smile fell from her face when she remember why she was there. 'I forgot. Work around it.' She told herself. "I don't want my mother to see me upset. She pressed and well, mother is sensitve." She answered, purposely making her voice stammer.

Eric went to her mother, consouling the older woman. "Please, Micha-ah, stop this " her mother cried. Micha pulled Hyesung's hand off and walked towards her mother. She crotched until they were looking at each other eye to eye."I am sorry. I can't." She whispered, grabbing her mother's hand. The older woman cried as her daughter stared at her, scowling at how she still cried. "You never told me how you wanted me to act. Would it be better if I behave like Mijun?." She whispered, her mother shook her head. "I want Micha." She answered. Micha sighed, "That is so little to work with...." She muttered. "Stop it now Micha." Hyesung said, snapping her out of her train of thought. She was going to question her mother more but Eric was blocking her. He had moved inbetween the two females, ending all eye contact.

 

"You are only hurting yourself doing this." Hyesung whispered, gently pulling her into him. "Eric, can you call her mom a cab? I need to speak with Micha." Hyesung asked. Eric nodded, taking the woman into Micha's dorm. Her eyes followed them as they went into her home. "She never answered my question." Micha said to Hyesung. He didn't answer her. He simply held her hand and walked her to the elevator. "Come on." Hyesung said once they were back in the lobby. He knew now was the time to talk to her one on one.