Chapter 20

Reaching You

Andy took a one shot of soju and slammed down the glass. "Don't you think you are drinking too much?" Dongwan asked, giving a weak laugh. Shinhwa was supposed to enjoying a light hearted dinner but their maknae seemed anyway but. "Andy did something happen?" Eric asked.

- - - - - -

"We could have you self compose your comeback single. To have your image fit the new season." Andy offered Micha the idea. They were in his office at T.O.P Media planning her comeback and new activites. Micha bit her lip as she sat on the idea. "Can I do that?" She asked, she never heard of someone showing their composing skills right away in their career. Espcially so early. "You do have a major in Composing and I have personally seen your skills. So I don't see a problem." Andy assured her. Micha thanked him for the chance and they started to go over idea of what her theme would be.

His interspeaker went off telling him his secretary needed his attention. He excused himself from his conversation with Micha to see what was needed. "Mr. Lee, you have a man here claiming to be Lily's father should I let him up?" She said. Andy asked for the man's name and when it matched with what he had on file he said it would be ok. "How about a spread in Ceci? My manager said she heard they were looking for fresh idol faces." Micha asked him when he joined back into the conversation. She did take note of his confused expression but chose to ignore it. 'Not my business.' She told herself

 He said he will look into it. A knock at the door ended their conversation. "Come in." Andy said. Mr. Song walked into the room. Andy could tell he was a serious and business orientated person by the way he held himself. He made you want to make sure you are presentable.

He looked like an aged Minki almost. But his jawline was more square and he was tanner. His full hair was a salt and pepper color and he barely glanced at Micha. Andy also took note in how her posture became straighter, which he didn't think was possible for her. Her face went into one that revealed no emotion. "Father." She said in an almost robotic tone and bowed to the older man. "Mr.Song, I didn't know you were coming. Sorry we were just finishing up a small talk." Andy said, the man made him a bit nervous with how his eyes seemed to be measuring him up. "Nonsense. Continue, I came without notice so you are in every right to turn me away." Mr.Song said. He gave Andy a firm handshake and sat down.

"Micha." He finally said to his daughter. Andy could have sworn he saw she flinched but threw it as his mind playing games on him. This was his greeting to her he figured. "Mr. Lee, I wanted to speak to you about my daughter." Mr.Song said getting right to the point, he crossed his legs and leaned back into the chair. "I had no prior notice of her taking up this hobby as a career. I didn't know until my sister mentioned seeing her on television." Mr. Song said. "Father I can explain. I was just---" "Micha, your place" He silenced her then continued, as if not interrupted "Micha doesn't have life goals or focus. I wondered how she could have felt able to decide a 'career'. But no matter, she is an adult but still under my family name." Mr.Song said. Andy felt as if the air in the room became heavy.

"Mr.Lee, I wanted to know the terms of her contract." Her father said now to Andy. Andy, although sketical, told her father in full details what was in her contract. He saw her father was nodding, liking the way it was laid out so far. "What about her personal life? Will any of that be revealed?" He asked. This struck Andy as strange but he told the father that it would be up to Micha if that information was. "Micha." Her father said, She raised her head and gave her father her full attention. "I want you not to reveal any personal information about me or your mother. It would damage my company to be associated with you in this career. And you can image how stressful it would be for me to deal with the public knowing of our relation." Her father said, Andy was in shock at these words. He was used to seeing strict fathers but the relationship between the two seemed like a business meeting.

Micha looked dazed out before giving an obviously stiff smile, that she stubbornly tried to make seem real, as she agreed to fullfil his request. "Understood. Can I ask how is mother?" Micha said to her father. "She is well." He answered, "I hope you follow my request and not bring anyone any trouble." He finished, Andy have never seen someone hold such cold, unfeeling eyes towards their own child. What bothered him the most was Micha didn't argue with him or talked rudely about him when he left.

- - - -

"I never seen her like that. And as soon as he left she went back to normal, as if the conversation never happened." Andy said finishing his tale. The other members listened to him, each ready to give advice or ask a question. "So her father really came off that way?" Junjin asked, he had a close relationship with his father so he couldn't imagine one so distant. Andy nodded, "I was afriad he was going to raise his hand at her if she disagreed with him. But I strangely knew he would never. I mean, I am happy he didn't but I just wish...." Andy answered. "You wished they did something most families would do. Argue, laugh or cry when meeting." Minwoo noted.

"While he spoke she looked like she was memorizing his instructions but she would catch herself and gain a more distant look in her eyes if I noticed. Like she was trying to shut out the world and focus on his instructions." Andy said. "Do you think she uses that as a safety mechinism? Trying to please people like her father I mean." Hyesung said, he felt this might be it after listening to Andy. The other men sat on the thought. "What if the Micha has been hurting and don't know how to release it properly? Maybe she is really pretending to be ok so no one will ask her..." Dongwan asked, breaking the silence.

- - - - - -

Micha drank a glass of water and replayed the earlier events. She hasn't moved from her dorm's kitchen in an hour. At first she thought she was hungry but the constant replying of her meeting with her father. "I have to act with respect and uphold myself well. Also I can not speak about my family life without their permission." She whispered, closing her eyes slowly as she said this.

"I can do this. I have done that type of personality before." Micha muttered to herself. She finally opened her eyes and took a deep breath. "I just have to blend cheerful and a bit childish to fit into it." She said, then thought of the type of person she must become.

'He wants me to become someone private. I can do that.'

'But the public and Shinhwa wants me to be someone happy and likeable. I can do this as well.'

'I will become someone who allowed others to become close with. The perfect blend of these things.'

She froze, when she thought about the person she ran into since being an idol. 'I bet they don't have to live like this.' She told herself.

"No, this isn't normal. Other people don't act like this." She whispered and cluched her heart. She slowly sank into fetal position, crying louder as she reached the floor. "They would hate me if they knew I was like this." She cried, she forced down all her locked memories that threatened to escape. She couldn't lose herself now, she was being watched to closely. She didn't want to be thrown away again when people find out the truth. She doesn't know how what to do if she couldn't become what others wished anymore.

She already lost 'Micha'. She couldn't lose the fake personalities she made as well. If she did, then who would she be then?