Chapter 33

Reaching You

'Why me?' Micha groaned. This past week was complicated in another level. She got into an arguement with Clara during a photoshoot. The actress complained about her outfit being revealing compared to Lily's, so she whined about it. Then when they gave her a blazer to cover what she felt was showing too much, to use as a prop. As soon as the camera started taking pictures she threw the blazer aside and confedintaly took pictutes. Enjoying the compliments from everyone on her iness. Then when Micha felt she didn't have as many successful shots Clara told her she needed practice and that modeling wasn't for just anyone. Which Micha found a distraction since Micha was still taking photos when Clara made these comments.

That was when Micha snapped. She explained calmly that she should act like a senior and not a child. The next day an article came out claiming the two were now 'In a battle over maturity'. Micha was happy at least when the top comments commended her for telling Clara her mind. Although she was still upset with herself for breaking character to scold the actress. Then the producer for 'My Sweetie' changed it from acoustic to an R&B track, changing most of the lyrics from singing into rap verses. Something she felt she could not pull off. The two agreed to release both versions on the single mini album when she expressed this to Andy. When Micha explained that she didn't want to jump right into a new sound and would rather ease herself into it. So she had to spend two days recording her song because she had to learn how to rap large verses without mistakes. Everytime she messed up a verse it was NG and she had to repeat the song from the start, and there were over fifty NG takes.

That led her two days ago. Her hair stylist messed up her hair. She was trying to dye Micha's hair black and give her a platinum dip dye. When her hair didn't take to the dye as she imagined the stylist cutting her hair without warning. Seeing Micha not look good with that style. She dyed her hair light ash blonde. So now Micha's hair barely pass her shoulders and was a owner of blonde hair. Not that she hated it, she was just upset with knowing the stylist never really had planned out what she was doing. And that she looked less like her usual self now.

Micha was told eariler in the week the music video would be playful this time. So far,from what was filmed, there was no serious plot line, just her walking around in casual clothes. Watching lucky couples past by as she sang the song lyrics. At the end of the music video L.Joe appeared to 'pick her up for their date'. They were supposed to film the other half in two days because of sudden rain ruining the music video's vibe. And the director wanted all signs of it raining to be gone when filming picked back up.

"Peanut.." Micha moaned when the puppy started to her face. 'This is why I don't lay on the floor often' . She scooped her puppy, cooing questions asking if she was hungry or needed to go out. "Are you missing Hyesung too?" She sat up once the words left . "I mean Shinhwa. All the members not just him." She continued, as if Peanut could understand her.

 

'This is too much and it's all the Moody Prince's fault.' She chanted to herself. Micha was ok with execpting his feelings, even ok with writing a song but she couldn't let him fully in. That would be too much. For now atleast. She sighed and walked to her door. The weekily fan-mail should have be waiting for her. It was a system Andy had for all his idols. Have the mail stacked together and deleivered once a week. That was they wouldn't feel discouraged if they had days with no mail. "There is a lot more than a month ago." Micha said dragging the bin inside. Peanut barked, 'So someome either put food in here or she really doesn't have to go.'

 

She made herself comfortable and started reading the letters. A few were postcards with messages that promised to cheer her on, some were heartfelt letters on how her songs spoke to them, and there was a few gifts. One fan even bought a bag of dog treats, which was odd since Micha only talks about Peanut on IG and twitter. But never mentioned what dog food brand she ate. 'And its an expensive brand, way more so than her usual food.' She noted, remembering seeing it in stores. "I have to tell them to be wary of prices." She muttered. Peanut barked, grabbing her attention. She was sittting patiently in front of the bag of treats. "Fine. But next time I want a trick first." Micha told her. Giving her the treat. She continued looking through the items and was surprised by a medium size box.

"This I know is breaking the price limit rule." She mumbled and openned the box. She frowned when she saw it was a photo ablum and a letter. "What is this?" She mumbled reading the letter. 'Look at your past.' It stated. No from or name. "Werid." She whispered. It was typed so she couldn't peice it with anyone. Micha set the letter aside and openned the book. She in breath looking at the pictures. They were all of her. Her as a baby. With her parents, Mijun and Minki. 'I don't remember some of these.'

Micha flipped from page to page. Watching the young her grow up and change. She could easily see the changes that happened. She stopped smiling the same way. It wasn't as bright as early pictures. Soon family members dropped off. First Mijun and her mother, then father and Minki. Until she stood taking pictures by herself. Most of them were of her winning dance awards, track meets, art shows and earning academic awards. But none with family. "What the hell is this? A stalker?" Micha scolded. She tried to to remember if anyone could have this much knowledge on her and would feel the need for her to see it. Then it hit her, it was her mother doing something unneeded again. "What is she trying to prove?" Micha mumbled as she glanced back at album.

In all the club pictures she looked happy. But why couldn't she do anything more than remember each person's name. No special memories. 'I can remember I was the mature silent type in high school, outgoing in middle. But depending on the club if I changed it up a bit.' She remembered as she flipped the book close and felt her heart drop. Was she wrong for choosing that way of life? She didn't see anyone complain about her behavior then. "But I wanted it that way." She whispered. She knew she was to blame herself for this. The sadness she felt when she saw others share memories or told stories only close friends would understand. She knew could have had real memories. With friends and not just teachers complimenting her. But she choose a safer route. Who would blame her for that? 'What does she want though...' She wondered brushing her fingers on the photo ablum. Micha reached for her phone and dialed a number that was logged into her phone.

"Mother, I got your 'gift'. Explain it." She stated. Going over greetings, she needed answers now. Her mother sighed a breath of releif. "I wanted you to see how much you grew. I am sure you noticed it as well. That I saw you grow up each step of the way." Her mother said calmy. Micha steadied herself, she knew there was some double meaning to her words. "That is a cruel gift. Did you plan on me being hurt by that? Pathetic." She laughed, focusing on Peanut as she felt herself start to cry. "Please stop contacting me. I can't become the daughter you want now. Just forget I was even your daughter. Like before." Micha pleaded. Something she hated to do, espically towards her greatest enemy.

"Mamma Mia." Her mother said after a heavy pause. "Appear on the show with me and that will be all I need. Please you owe me that. Since you hurt me when you were a child. When you forced me to bury my son." Micha cursed under her breath. She was finally pushed back into the corner with no where to escape. "Fine." Micha whispered, feeling like dirt because she gave in so easily. She hung up quickly, running her hands through her hair. "Why am I still weak?" She asked herself, trying to blink away the tears and force herself back to her earlier mood.