Chapter 38

Reaching You

"Due to popular demand we brought to you the Haha show!" Haha shouted to the camera. "I am in it too!." Hongchul yelled at him popping up from behind the curtain. The two were in the lobby of a building pushing each other. "I was going to introduce you." Haha lied, he gave a loud laugh and patted Hongchul's back. "Who are we seeing today?" Hongcul asked the cameraman. Two staff members came out with a covered board. The two men chanted that they wanted a girl group. "Haha, you are married so I will look after her properly." Hongchul said. Haha glared at him and joked that he could treat her like a daughter.

"Is it APink?" Hongchul asked. "Secret?" Haha asked the cameraman. The PD yelled at them to reveal the board. "Yah, I am the star." Haha shouted, he bowed soon after and asked that they didn't cut his pay. "1. 2. 3" They chanted and pulled off the paper covering the board. "LILY!" They both shouted and cheered about it being a female idol. "Lets go wake her up." Haha said leading the way to the elevator. The camera flashed to them in front of Lily's dorm room. "Shh." Hongchul whispered and openned the door. Her manager had openned it for the show's crew when the arrived earlier.

The dorm room was dead silent other than the sound of a fan. Haha and Hongchul grew giddy and started to explore her dorm. "She didn't do dishes." Haha said hiding his smile with his hands. The camera zoomed in on her sink that had two mugs and a plate in it. "She has a lot of things to cook with." Hongchul said, he was openning cabinets showing blender, coffee maker, bread maker and the like. "She will make a good wife." He concluded and ran his hand though his hair. "She is too young for you." Haha said, adding that he was acting greasy. They walked into the living room and pointed at Peanut's pen. "She has a dog?" Hongchul asked not hearing about this. "Peanut. Peanut." Haha told him. Hearing her name the puppy came out of her home and looked at them. Peanut gave the camera a wide yawn before laying back down.

"Lets get her mom." Haha said. The two went into her bedroom and pointed to someone balled up on a futon. "This is Lily." Hongchul joked, the screen flashed a picture from Lily's magazine spread. Then went to the Lily before them. Haha smirked and handed Hongchul a megaphone. This was his favorite part about waking idols. They hand motioned a countdown before singing My Sweetie offkey into the megaphones. "Why?" Lily cried though the covers, scooting away from them and forming a tighter ball. The two men grabbed the cover and pulled it off her. Lily sat up, not yet openning her eyes and groaned. "There is no schedule today." She mumbled and held her hand out for her covers. "Too cute." Haha shouted through his megaphone.

This woke Lily up. She rubbed her eyes, slowly taking in what was going on. "Annyeong." She said to the camera, throwing it a sleepy smile. "Lets go Lily." Haha dragged her out of her bed and into the living room. They sat in an indian circle, the staff moved her table out of the way. Lily was wearing a yellow monster HatsOn hoodie with the hood up with a pigtail resting on each side of her neck. The hoodie was quite big on her so she wore basketball shorts with black leggings under it. "I didn't know I was going to be filmed." She said, embarassed by her attire. Lily wiped her bangs from her face and slid her glasses on. "You look natural now." Hongchul said. Haha slapped him and asked if he meant Lily always looked unnatural before. Lily watched the two of them bicker and smiled.

"Today we are here to bring you closer to your fans." Haha told her, "But first we need to dress." Lily nodded and scrambled into the room. "While she is bathing we are going to give you the first look into her room." Hongchul stage whispered to the camera. She came out her room with an outfit and bathroom personnals and let a female staff member lead her to the bathroom, assuring her they won't enter while she bathed. "Thirty minutes." The staff member told them, locking Lily in her bathroom. The MCs ran into her room, camera close behind.

The camera panned over the room. Showing her futon, desk covered with music sheets, her instruments, a pile of stuff animals and a small bookshelf. "Lily likes to eat in her room." Haha laughed, he pointed at a bag of cookies that held open a book. "Omo, its in English." He showed the camera the book, showing the small fonted pages. "Keyboard, ukulele, gutiar, and egg shakers." Hongchul listed pointing out each instument. "Her tablet is unlocked!" Haha cheered. His fellow MC sat near him and the two went through it. "We are making sure it doesn't have ." Haha stated, laughing at how none of the staff saw his reasoning to make sense. They went through her music player and saw her last listened song was Huk Guk's 1440. That she was working on some sort of lyrics. And that she had many selcas.

They showed the camera a few they saw as funny, cute or embarassing. A picture with her, Sunny and Hyomin. One of Sunny and her wearing aprons with chocolate on their face. And many with Peanut. "Wait there is one with a guy!" Hongchul shouted, Haha shushed him and turned the tablet from the camera. "We aren't here to make scandals." Haha said. The female staff came and warned them Lily was coming. "Where is everyone?" Lily called out, wondering what was going on she went into her room. "What is this?" She mumbled and took her tablet from them. "Oh, you look like Lily now." Hongchul said, shouting jjang after giving her a thumbs up.

Lily was wearing a Ragalan galaxy print t-shirt with light grey jean shorts. Her hair was still in two ponytails, just now it was neater and she had on a dark purple waffle-knit watch cap. "Thank you." She said, though she wondered if it was sarcasm because she wasn't wearing her usual 'casual mature' themed outfits. "Now we are going to take you out to eat." Haha said. The camera flashed to them walking on the boardwalk surround by fans. Hongchul was waving hello, asking some if they heard of Lily. The female idol in question was taking a selca with a fan while trying to keep Peanut from getting stepped on. The staff allowed her to bring her pet since no one was able to watch her and it could bring more valuable footage.

"Ask Lily a question." Haha asked a male fan. He looked back at his friends, not being able to look Lily in the eyes. "Gwiyomi" he stammered. The crowd cheered but Lily let out a laugh. "Chincha?" She asked then admitted she didn't know the full countdown. Hongchul showed her it, she cringed at his agyeo then told him she got it. "Ok!" She shouted, firing herself up. In her best agyeo voice she did the countdown, ending it with a heart sign to the male who requested it. "Omo!" She said and hid her embarassment. Haha cheered with the male, high fiving him repeatedly for bringing out Lily's embarassed side. The group kept walking until they reached a coffee shop with an outdoor patio.

The camera cut to the three sharing a large patbingsu with red beans, corn flakes, peaches, strawberries, apricots and mochi. Hongchul and Haha were drinking Cafe Americanos while she had warm water. Peanut was tied to her chair chewing on a treat a fan gave her. "Time for Q&A. These were questions fans sent to KBS and other idols questions as well." Hongchul explained. Lily nodded, though her eyes and mind were focused on the dessert before her. "Why does Lily eat so much on tv?" Haha asked. Lily looked at him wide eyed before he explained it was fan asked. "I forget to eat when I am alone. When I go on shows with food that is when I remember to eat. Plus they always serve the best things on set." She explained. Taking small bites of patbingsu then drinking water. "Are you not good with cold food?" Hongchul asked. Lily shook her head, "My thoart gets cold easily so I need warm water so I don't get brain freeze." She explained. She told a story about when she was younger she would try to eat ice cream quickly as if trying to beat the brain freeze.

"Who is the guy in most of your pictures?" Haha asked. "My twin brother Minki." Micha explained, she showed the camera some pictures on her phone as proof. "She is not dating a mystery man." Hongchul said in a serious tone to the camera. As this proof would put an end to dating rumors. "You are close to Shinhwa. Who has the best body? From a anon idol." Haha read. Lily laughed at the question then asked if it was odd that she already had an answer. "Dongwan-ssi has the best body." She admitted, adding an apology to the other Shinhwa members. "Article header: Lily falls for Dongwan's abs." Haha joked. "Who are your closest friends? Kekeke from anon sunny-dol." Haha read.

"Well SUNNY-ssi." Lily started looking right at the main camera, "You and Hyomin are my closest. But since we rarely meet I find myself becoming close to Alice-sunbae, G.NA-sunbae and Sohee-sunbae, at least in a way that is closer than just workmates." Lily continued. Explaining how she met each one of them. She met the last one at a phootshoot but everyone else backstage at music shows. "You have famous friends I see. Any males?" Hongchul asked, rising his eyebrows. "Shinhwa, Teen Top and 100%." She said cooly, giving him a wink. Haha called her a pro and cool for her answer. "Why are your fans called 'Bells'? Is it because of your debut song? Anon fan." Hongchul asked. Lily admitted she never made the connection between the song title and her fanclub. "It's 'Bells' because Lily of the Valley are in a bell shape." She explained, "So the fans shape me, Lily, into most eye catching flower there could be." She finished the sentence not being able to hide her blush. "Andy-sunbae makes me have to say the weirdest things." She muttered, laughing as Haha pointed out her blushing face. "What about dating? Would you do it publicly?" Hongchul asked.

Lily glanced at the camera before answering. "I would date. I mean, I am in my mid twenties and it would seem weird if I continued til thirty saying 'I never been on a date.' " She said and took a bite of patbingsu. "I wouldn't go public though. I am a natrually private person, so unless going public was needed I would try to date without bringing uneeded attention to the other party in private. But still show my fans I haven't changed or that dating has had a positive effect on me." She finished and shook her head when Haha said she gave a deep thought answer to a light question. Hongchul called her an ahjumma, making the three laugh and ask if what did that make him. The questions continued with easy answers like when was her comeback date, did she want to try acting acting, her ideal types. "A message to your fans?" Hongchul asked.

Lily swallowed her ice cream, nodding that she could do that. "My Bells. I am happy to have come this far to be able to eat patbingsu with Haha-sunbae and Hongchul-sunbae. And it is all thanks to you. I love the gifts you all give me but remember I prefer letters, postcards, photos and the likes over anything else. Share your stories with me, I like to read them for moral support and before work. If you must spend so much please donate to IAKA. Um, I hope you enjoyed seeing this new side of me and are prepared for my next fall comeback. It will be a Lily you will fall in love with all over again." She said the last line in an agyeo voice, thanks to Haha's whispering that she should do agyeo. Repeatdly.

The camera cut to show skipped scenes of Haha petting Peanut, Lily teaching Hongchul her duck dance, her singing happy birthday to a fan on ukulele and them laughing together. The scenes were all in black and while with glowing hangul of different quotes from fans over them.

'Lily is more down to earth than I thought. Lily fighting.'

'I never paid attention to her but I just might after meeting her.'

'She really does eat at lot. But she looks cute and mannerly so its ok.'

'Lily is really my ideal type. She seems nice and has a good sense on life.'

 

 

----------

 

Music Note from writer::

Shiznit I forgot to add this so many chapters ago.

 

My Sweetie is by Gilime.