Chapter 3

Reaching You

Andy smiled happy to know that he wasn't so unknown the the younger crowd. The man who greeted him looked a lot like the girl, Micha, so he figured he was her brother. "Hi, I am looking for Micha." Andy said looking around nervously. He never really recruited a female before and from what he heard about it sounded like most female idols were basically stalked until the companies got them. Andy saw a sudden change in the male's eyes that shown he was now in protective brother mode from the way he stopped smiling at Andy and just gave him a hard look.

 

"Why?" Minki asked, he didn't enjoy guys, celebraties or not, asking questions about his sister. Andy cleared his throat and put on his buisness face. "I am sorry I shouldn't have been so blunt." Andy said and gave Minki a smile, "My name is Andy and I want to recruit Micha into T.O.P Media. I feel she has true star qualites." He noticed that the brother was taking all this in. "I am Micha's older brother Minki. She is in the kitchen but can you sit at the table over there. We can all talk this out." Minki said, pointing out a table in the corner away from the windows. "I will go flip the sign to tell people we are closed for break." He quickly went to do this, not wanting his place to be swarmed with CSJH.

 

"Micha, come here for a moment. Bring drinks and the sample basket." Minki called out to his sister who made a sound showing she heard. "She will be right out." Taking the seat across from Andy. The two men sat in silence until Micha came out bring the asked items. "Minki, that's the scammer I told you about." Micha stage whispered as she sat the items on the table. Andy smiled and bowed his head to her, "Hello I am Andy of Shinhwa." He said and watch a spark of regoniction in her eyes before it faded. "Sorry, I didn't know who you all were then." She said in a polite but still embarassed voice and bowed. "It is no problem. It was late and you did the right thing by walking away from us since we didn't introduce ourselves." Andy said as Micha sat down next to her brother.

 

'It sounds like he is me/her lecturing.' The twins thought at the same time while listening to the older man. "So what would you like to speak with me about?" Micha asked grabbing a slice of french bread from the basket. "I would like you to join T.O.P Media. I want to debut you as a soloist. Once I heard your voice I knew you had a sound that people stopped and actually want to listen to." Andy said to her noticing that Minki nodded to what he said while Micha continued eating bread. "A lot of idols these days give off a y image. She won't be forced into styles like that right?" Minki asked. "We can discuss image when have a meeting with her production team if she plans to debut. But no to the forcing, we want her to be comfortable with who she is." Minki nodded, happy to hear Andy say that.

 

"When are you planning to debut me?" Micha asked now. "I would like for you to debut late December but not too late because SNSD is coming back and we don't want you to lose the attention new idols receive when they debut." Andy said and both twins looked at him as if he was nuts. That was barely over a month away. "Don't worry. We have a plan that includes a crash training course, a meeting with producers for your debut single and an already rough idea on several different debut tactics." Andy said in a serious tone, he didn't want to lose his new find from them worrying too much. "I know this is a lot to take in and I will give you time to think about it. Here is my card call or come by my office when you decide what to do." Andy said and sat a business card at the table.

 

Micha remained frozen staring at the card on thr table, so Minki got up to show Andy out and thank him for coming by. He turned the sign over to let others know they are opened and walked back to his twin. "Well that was crazy, huh." Minki asked her making her stare at him. "What just happened?" Micha asked. "He thinks I have talent." She whispered to her brother, no beleiving what just happened. "You do have talent. I can name a few people who can agree with that too." Minki said and patted her head. Micha felt tears coming into her eyes. "You think I can do this?" She asked him and giggled when he just said 'Duh'. "He wants to sign me. He wants me to be a idol. He wants people to hear me sing!" Micha said, getting giddier each sentence. She felt nothing could bring her down. Even Minki smiled not remembering seeing her this excited in a long time.

 

"I am happy for you sis but what are you going to do near male employees and idols?" Minki asked raining on Micha's parade. "Minki, Minki, Minki. I practiced near guys. I even let one guy's hand brush mine when he handed me change and I didn't even flinch." She said proudly before adding, "I even smiled at Mr. Jung and had a full three minute conversation with him this morning." Minki shook his head not beleiving that his sister saw those as brave feats, well they were in a way for her; and started to wonder how she will survive in her new life without him.