Chapter 40

Reaching You

Micha took a deep breath, preparing herself to get focused. She was now taking her first job post her scandal broke, althought she never made an official comment on it yet she hoped the spotlight would have at least dimmed on the matter. She was able to have a meeting before he went into full focus on Shinhwa's tour and asked him to open back up her schedule. It had to take some convensing but he did."Are you ready Lily?" A stage hand asked her. She nodded and went into interveiw mod. She was asked to become the MC of a new MBC mini series. Each episode was five minutes long and had her interveiwing unsepecting idols. The cameras and she went into full idol mode.

"Lily here and you are watching Idol Hunting. Let's see who we can get today." She said to the camera and speedwalked to the dressing room area. The camera flashed the name on the first door, 'Shinee'. Lily nodded and knocked on the door. When Minho answered she smiled brightly. "Captured." She cried and explained to him the rules of the show. He had five minutes to try to answer every question he could, if he couldn't he had to do a silly task but if he past she must. "Ready?" She asked him. The rest of Shinee was in the back cheering Minho on to lose so they can see what was the punishment. "Biggest fear?" She asked starting the round. The questions flew by and soon he was down to his final ten with only thirty seconds left on the clock. When he breezed by them Shinee and Lily groaned loudly. "You are too competitive, you could have lost this once." She jokingly complained then asked the camera what was her punishment. The scriptwriter told her the winner decides, which made Shinee cheer. "Rap my part of Sherlock." Minho said.

Lily did a comically bad job as his verse, having to make up a line about food when she didn't remember the last lyric. The two idol acts bid the camera and show goodbye as the crew started to pack up. "Thank you for being a great sport." She said to Minho who shurgged her off. "Can we take a picture together?" Jonghyun asked, grabbing one of their Misconceptions of Us albums. "Show your support for us since we guested your show." Key said, winking to let her know she basically had to. "Fine." She smiled and held the album, standing in the center of them as the camera phone flashed a picture. She bid them goodbye, taking the album with her when they told her to keep it. "That wasn't hard." She whispered smiling a bit to herself for being worried. 'I guess I am just on my toes more now.' Micha told herself and put on a mask as she went outside. She ended filming early so she had some time on her hands.

Her phone rang after she safely made it into a small cafe. "Hello?" She asked, not looking at the number. There were only a few who knew it so she wasn't that worried. "Are you ok?" Hyesung asked getting right to the point. Micha felt upset that it was her who made his voice have a hurt tone in it. She knew she promised her father and Andy that she would speak to him but she found herself scared to. So she choose to continue to avoid him, telling herself she was doing it so he could focus on the tour and not because of her self inflected fear. "The tour so far is going well. If you need me to I can ask my company to make a statement." He continued when she didn't speak up. "That is ok. I can handle this, you just focus on your tour. Ok?" She said, speaking her first words to him in a little over a week. She smiled when she heard him laugh, happy to finally hear her voice.

"Are you eating well? Sleeping ok? How are your fans?" He asked her, bombing her with questions. When she went silent again he apologized. "Sorry, I got excited. How are things for you?" He asked, this time in his normal voice. Micha used her straw to play with the cream on her frappe. "Things are going well. I do miss seeing you but I want you to continue working hard for the rest of the tour." Micha said, she shook her head when Hyesung 'yelled' at her, asking how could he focused knowing his girlfriend missed his presence. "I have to go. Rehersal is starting again" Hyesung said ending the call. The smile fell from Micha's face as she hung up. "Well that is no way to look." Sunny said, scaring her.

Micha had to stop herself from shouting and settled on steading her breathing. "When did you get here?" She asked. Sunny shrugged and said five minutes. "Hyoyeon saw you through the glass when we were passing." She explained. Micha rolled her eyes when Sunny mentioned she was easy to spot with the minimal amount of disguise she had on. "So what was with that face?" Sunny asked again. Micha raised a brow and asked her what did she mean. "You just looked depressed after hanging up the phone. I wouldn't have noticed it if Hyomin didn't mention seeing you stare into space often during a photoshoot. We are worried about you." Sunny said and reached for Micha's hand.

"I am fine. I am handling myself so you won't need to." Micha said, giving her a stiff smile. "I got a new job as an MC, I am back in the studio working on my album and I just talked to Hyesung. Doesn't that seem like everything is going well?" Micha listed, she was going to continue when Sunny shook her head. "Not if you make that expression and squeeze my hand as tight as you are doing." Sunny said slowly. Micha looked at said hand, quickly releasing the smaller female's hand when she saw how tightly she was holding it. "Sorry." She said in a voice barely above a whisper. "Are you seriously ok?" Sunny asked her again, looking Micha in the eyes. Micha felt it was hard to keep up her act, unable to find the ready to use lie when she was being examined by a friend.

"I am just....scared." Micha finally said. When Sunny asked her if it was because of the media she shook her head. "I am just not used to this. People asking for my feelings or willingly helping me without gain. I don't know what is wrong with me. I don't want to be protected but at the same time I want to." Micha said, stabbing her straw threw her now half melted frappe. Sunny nodded, "Why not try to be? None of us are really going to turn our on you anyway." Sunny said, hoping Micha would smile at her statement. "But you could." Micha whispered then bit her lip, "I need to prepare myself. Get used to being in these situations. Be ready for the worst." Micha said. She flinched when Sunny slapped the table and called her stupid.

"We are friends aren't we? What is so wrong with relying on us?" Sunny asked heatedly. "Why are you holding back when we prove time to time to be looking out for your best intrest?" Sunny glared at her and sank back into the booth's bench. "I don't want anyone to get hurt because of me. If I caused a mess isn't it better if I clean it up? I want to protect you all too you know. I want to make everything back to how it used to be so much. My relationship hidden, us joking and hanging together, and everyone being happy. But I can't go back to those days because I messed it up." Micha said, her eyes welling up, "What? Do you want me to admit I can barely sleep longer than an hour without a sleeping pill now? Or that I can barely keep down food? Or how about that I have been getting letters from some male fan who keeps calling me dirty and saying all the things he would do to me? Sunny, this is my punishment. What is so wrong with me accepting it?" Micha cried, she quickly excused herself and went into the female bathroom.

Locking herself into a stall she cried to herself. Trying her best to muffle herself to not bring anymore attention to herself than she already had. She heard a knock at the stall, "I am sorry." Micha said to the unknown person, failing to compose herself. "Micha, why do you do this to yourself?" Sunny asked, resting her forehead on the stall's door. When Micha stayed quiet she continued. "Can you tell me what exactly are you being punished for? Falling for a guy? Making friends? Being happy? What is so wrong with those things that you have to be 'punished' for?" Sunny said, wiping her own tears as she spoke. "I am sorry." Micha cried again. Gripping her nails into her knees as she cried harder. "Just forget about what I said." She said, begging and apologizing to Sunny. "Why are you sorry when you did nothing wrong?" The older female shouted, then asked Micha to open the stall door. It seemed like years before Sunny heard the satisfing click of the door being unlocked.

She didn't say anything at first as she hugged the crying female. "It will be ok. We can talk to Andy sunbae and ask him what do with the fan letters. We can also go to the doctors, find a way to handle your stress so your body can get healthy again." Sunny said, her voice filling the stall as Micha's cries quieted. "I am sorry." Micha mumbled again, Sunny shook her head. "If you are sorry then don't continue holding things back from people who care." Sunny said, smiling when Micha nodded. "Hyesung needs to hear this you know." Micha nodded again. Sunny left the stall when Micha asked to be alone. "I will be at the booth." Sunny told her. Micha used the tissues to dry her eyes and went to look at her refelction at the sink. She stared at her now puffy eyes that were slightly pink. "Pabo" she told her reflection. She pulled out her phone and entered a single text.

'Oppa, I am not ok. But I am trying to get better. I will be relying on you it seems for me to get so.' She pressed send and took a deep breath. "It will be ok." She promised her refection, giving it a small smile before leaving the restroom.