Chapter 49

Reaching You

"We just came to stop by. Since Micha is in Japan right now for a promotion tour, we miss seeing her." Andy lied nervously as they sat at the table. Minki simply raised a brow at the cover story and took a large drink of soda. He knew it was odd enough that Shinhwa as a whole would come visit his shop. It was the fact there was no heads up made him a bit nervous about spilling the locked up news. He just wasn't expecting it to be a 'wanting to see his sister's face.'  visit though…."I am a guy." He said, then told Hyesung he doesn't cross-dress so he won't wear the wig Eric tried to force on him earlier. "You have her attitude." Hyesung laughed, labeling them as the 'stubborn twins'. "When was the last you heard from her?" Minki asked Andy, although Minki tried to see Micha everyday she refused to let him into her most of the time. His father explained to him that she didn't want him to see her 'off days'.

 

The CEO put down his bagel and thought of the past eleven months with Micha under his label. 'She has changed in a way. She allows fans to see her mistakes and this made her get an uncle fandom. But it hurts she doesn't want people to be her shoulder to lean on still. Even now when things are scary she won't let go of that pride.' He told himself, choosing to instead mention minor common things to cover up his deep thoughts. "But she seems better though last I saw her. She even laughed." Andy realized too late what he just said, quickly feeling guilty when he saw Minki and Hyesung's face darken. "She is working on a full length album to be released in December. All self written works. So of course she is stressed out. I mean that with fan signings in Japan." He rambled but the words had already sunk into everyone's minds.

 

"What do you mean she hardly laughs?" Hyesung asked the maknae, Eric tried to distract him with his agyeo act. The other members knew she was in hiding but not the full details. Hyesung's reaction though was something they didn't want to see. The shop grew tense as Andy and Minki focused more on what was on their plate than Hyesung's question. "Is something wrong? She refuses phone calls and only texts rarely." Hyesung said worried laced in his voice, the others picked up the angry undertone but refused to bring it up. "She might just needs some time to herself." Minwoo said trying to ease the younger male's mind. "Maybe this is a sign we should break up." Hyesung sighed, running his hand through his hair before cursing at himself for having the idea. It hurt Andy to see his friend this way but his silent exchange with Minki told him it wouldn't be wise to bring up the truth now. The shop's door chimed making the men jump because they thought the door was locked. "Hello?" A female asked. Minki smiled, happy to end their conversation and walked to her. "Suzuka, hey." He said, earning a bright smile from the Japanese female. "There you are. Your father asked me to give these to you. Also to Micha to sample them and give her thoughts on the products." She said handing him a large gift bag. Suzuka looked up when she noticed Shinhwa and hid her smile. "You know Shinhwa? Since when?!" She asked Minki gripping his arm as she for hording idols in the shop.

 

The idol group tried their best to give honest smiles but her reaction and glance at Minki showed they weren't the best. "This is Suzuka, she works as a marketing manager for Lotte Duty Free ." Minki said as the female bowed. "Sooo, are you two a thing?" Minwoo said pointing between the two. Suzuka laughed at the statement while Minki sighed. "We get this a lot. His father seems to be trying to set us up." She explained, patting Minki's back. "It is because you latched on to Micha for years that he wants you to be with me." He said to the female. "Latched on?" Dongwan asked. Suzuka nodded rapidly, "I was friends with her in collage. Well, I guess you can call it more of a one sided friendship." She said, taking a chicken salad sandwich from the center of the table.

 

"What was she like in collage?" Junjin asked, Hyesung glared at him. "Yah, we don't know if they were really friends." He whispered. "It is ok, she is telling the truth." Minki said, vouching for her. "Was she the same as she is now?" Andy asked her, he was happy with the appearance of Suzuka as everyone seemed to be focused on the new arrival instead of Micha. "At first she came off as mature and always with a solution. On campus she could have been a Queenka if she wanted to, but she avoided unwanted attention a shame really."  Suzuka started, remembering their school days. "But they lucky who could get close enough to her would say she wasn't at all how the rumors said she was." She said. Drawing the men in closer when she made a dramatic pause. "You realize she is a bit like a cat." She said, all of the men gave her a confused look before she continued. "Cats always come off as elegant and stable. Always watching you from afar but I guess that makes Micha was more like an alley cat than a house cat since she preferred to explore things alone." She said. Minki nodded, now seeing this.

 

"Alley cat?" Minwoo asked smirking at the idea and needing more information. "Like a cat who was left to fend for itself for a long time. It will try to get close to you but at its own will. You have to let your kindness sit out for a bit for her to come to it. Like leaving food out for strays, they run away when your there but when you turn around they eat." She finished, proud of her example. She even made hand motions to help explain her idea. "So she was the campus's stray cat?" Andy asked, now seeing this at a perfect description for her. "You sound like you were around her a lot." Hyesung pointed out. Suzuka sighed then smiled sadly. "I felt special by her side. But being so close to her it only makes you want to know more about what goes on in her mind right?" She asked, Hyesung nodded understanding the female more than anyone at the moment. "You start to feel you rely on her more than you should because it seems like she rarely relies on you." Hyesung spoke up, sharing an instant connection with Suzuka. "It gets hard and makes you questions if you two are as close as you thought." He zoned out a bit, the rest of Shinwha didn't know what to say.

 

"She is a tough cat to get close with but I think the fact that she willingly makes contact with you shows you are someone special to her." Suzuka stared at the male and gave a smile. "I asked myself the same question before but give it time. You can't force the idea of 'friendship' or 'bonds' on her." She said. "Because that is how Micha is." Hyesung spoke up, earning a nod from the female. "And just like a cat she will bring dead animals to show her feelings. It could be confusing." Dongwan said, making everyone sigh at his black hole statement. "I should go. My boss will have my head if I take too long." Suzuka said, getting up from the table. "Let Micha know I will be free to call this weekend." she said to Minki as she made her exit. The female quickly took a few items off the display to quickly stuffed it into her purse. "YAH!" Minki yelled as she told him to just put it on her tab.

 

 

 

 

"So Micha can call her friend but not her own boyfriend?" Hyesung asked Minki. He was starting to get the feeling that something was going on and no one wanted him to know what it was. "I am up to date and her fansites are even questioning why isn't she active on social media. If something is up I feel I have a right to know." Hyesung held eye contact with the male twin. "If she is hurting somehow I know you can agree that she is just too afraid to speak up." Minki looked around the table. Every seemed to be holding their breath at what was to come. "Meet me here tomorrow at 1. No more than three of you tops." Minki stated in a firm tone.