Chapter 24

Reaching You

Micha hushed Peanut as she watched the taping of her final stage on Champion. She was pleased that My Bell stayed in the early thirties most of the time and her duet with Dongwan peaked at nineteen, staying there for a few weeks. She hummed along as she watched herself on the 'Spring Sprite' themed stage. The stylists said it would be fitting since she shouldn't be coming back til spring. 'I look so young.' She thought to herself, groaning as she didn't want more confusion over her real age. Micha already had an article out labeling her the 'Youth-dol'. "Peanut are you ready for a walk?" She asked the puppy once her stage finished.

Peanut looked to her owner's direction and barked a reply. Even walking to the door, sitting there waiting for her. "You are so smart and cute." Micha cooed as she got off the sofa to follow the pet. Feeling lazy she decided to throw on a frindge poncho. She liked that it was made of the same material as a wool blanket and was designed to look southwestern. Her hair was in a simple bun on the top of her head and she wore her thick rimmed glasses. She opted for black ankle boots since she was wearing white knee high socks and jean shorts. "If fans saw me now what would they think?" She wondered as she put Peanut's leash on her. 'Maybe they will take the youth label away when they see me off stage.' She hoped. Micha made sure to grab plastic bags before leaving the dorm. Rather be safe then leave dog poop. Again.

Micha stepped out into a harsh wind that made her almost rethink the walk and to turn around. "Be lucky I like you." She told Peanut who was already leading her down their usual path. She smirked at the thought of the puppy ignoring her and basically forcing her to continue the walk. They past a few people who would glance at Peanut and ask Micha to pet her. She allowed them to do that but not to feed her. 'Peanut is more popular than Lily it seems.' She thought as she saw a female asking her friend to take a picture of her with Peanut. "You're a star doll face." Micha said in English, imitating manager from the 50s voice.

The female looked at Micha now, causing the smaller female to flinch at the idea of being heard making a bad imitation. "You are Lily." She said rather than asked, pointing to Micha, smiling brightly at her discovery. Micha smiled back and greeted the female appropriately now. "Can I take a picture with you?" She asked and took a selca with her before Micha could answer. Micha stood in a daze for a moment trying to process what happened as she saw the female walk away and back with a larger group. "I have to go now." She said politly trying to walk away from the group. She didn't really enjoy being around strangers alone and she knew Peanut was uncomfortable as well by the way she was now rubbing on her leg.

"One picture." A male said and leaned towards her to take a picture. A second pulled a notebook to her face and asked for an autograph. Micha complied and again asked for them if they could allow her to continue her walk. One of the females heard her and told the others they need to be on their way as well. "No, I want to talk with Lily." The first male said and put an arm around her shoulder. "I really have to go. Peanut has to go to the bathroom." She said taking the male's arm off of her and tried to walk around them. "Thank you for greeting me though." She told the group before she left them, remembering that an idol must always make a good impression. Micha was about to groan when another hand grabbed her shoulder. 'Not again.' She thought to herself and was already putting a fake smile on her face.

"Omo, is this Lily?" A fake high pitched voiced said. Micha turned to the person and saw two males. This caused her to raise her eyebrow at the two of them. She couldn't recongize either of them since their faces were basically covered thanks to their shades. And those cloth masks that were so popular in Asian countries. "Annyeong." Micha said slowly as she stared at the two males. Something told her she knew them but another thing was telling her to ignore them. "Omo, Lily is so pretty and cute." The taller one said in the same fake voice.

Micha took a slow step backwards, still smiling at the men so they wouldn't notice. "Come here Peanut." The shorter male said to the puppy. 'Ok, I do know them.' She thought to herself as Peanut happily went to the male who called her. Peanut only got hyper like that around a handful of people. "And Mission is a go!" The taller one said and grabbed Micha's arm and broke into a run. The shorter one had Peanut securely in his arms following them. "Yah, you were supposed to give the signal!" The one carrying Peanut yelled. Micha finally realized who her 'kidnappers' were. "Eric. Hyesung. What are you doing?" She whispered loudly as they dragged her from the crowds. Micha knew she couldn't be too loud or their fans would see them.

They made it to a Eric's black car before either male spoke. "Sorry, I thought it would be fun to scare you." Eric told her, smiling like a child. "Give Peanut to her papa." He said to Hyesung and reached for the puppy. "No, she likes me more and said I was her papa." Hyesung said keeping Peanut out of his leader's reach. Micha watched the scene play out, "It's like you are fighting for Peanut's love." She said unknowingly out loud. She quickly covered when the two males looked at her. "Well Peanut is your child so really we are fighting for you." Eric said and went back to Micha, resting his head on her's. "Hands off." Hyesung said, using one hand to carry Peanut and the other to pull Micha towards him.

Micha stared at his hand on her's, trying her best to keep calm and not blush. 'This is a childish feeling of attachment to the first male who....um. It doesn't matter this is one sided and will end soon.' She told herself, not really paying attention to the males arguing anymore. 'I need to focus on my music. Not this petty emotion.' Micha snapped out of her thought when she heard Hyesung calling her. "Sorry?" She asked, clearing when it came out a pitch too high. "We asked what were you doing out so late." Hyesung repeated, smiling a bit from the way she gave him a confused look.

"I am out walking Peanut. She had to go to the bathroom." Micha said remebering the reason she was even seeing them. Eric had openned the car's front passanger door and was now sitting there with Peanut. Trying to cuddle her and keep her still for a picture. Micha wondered when he did all of this. "Why did you two-- I mean why are you two out?" She asked, again scolding herself for not yet straightening her thoughts. "We were out drinking with the others and some friends. When we left we saw you." Hyesung explained. Micha nodded, still not yet getting how snatching her came into play. 'Must be a Shinhwa thing.' She conculded. "I heard you were in talk for a CF contract." Eric said, finally speaking up again.

Micha silently thanked him as an awkward pause was going on around Hyesung and her. "There are three looking at me now but who knows if they will pick me up." Micha said, scooping up the now sleeping Peanut. She turned to walk away from them, figuring that they only really wanted to say hello. "Wait." Hyesung said to her. Micha paused and felt her heartbeat pick up when he cupped her face. "Are you eating alright?" He asked her examiming her face. She did seem thinner than she was over a week ago. 'Too close.' She thought to herself as she meekily pushed him away. "Sorry, I have to go now. Left the... toaster on." She said and speed walked away from them. Hugging Peanut into her chest. She didn't stop moving til she was sure she was out of their eye range.

 

"What is going on with me?" She whispered. Micha had a sudden flashback of when Hyesung helped her make dinner then of her bad toaster excuse. "Foolish." She mumbled, not wanting to raise her head for the rest of the walk home. She could only imagine how much she was blushing.