Chapter 34

Reaching You

 

I am only fousing on Lily and her screentime so everyone else are just basic cameos. -.- Too many people at once is hard for me. And I am lazy.

--------

"It's time for Mamma Mia!" Kyuhyun, Yeongja and Misun said together. The camera zoomed out to show the celebraties and their parents. "Today is a special episode." Yeonja said, "Reuniting with Mama." Misun finished. The cast clapped. "Now for our first Alice from Hello Venus and her mother Chunja." Kyuhyun introduced the first mother daughter pair. The camera zoomed into them as they clapped. "Wonder Girl's Sohee and her mother Hwaja." Yeongja said before the camera zoomed to them. "Lee Joon and his mother Yumi." Misun said, the camea zoomed to them and Yeonja started to clapped louder than the audience. "And last we have Lily and her mother Juri." Misun finished listing off the new additions for the episode.

"Lily, how long was it since you two last met?" Yeonja asked. Lily thought for a moment before answering. "Maybe a month, I think was the last time we talked in person but we contacted a few times by mobile since then. But before that we weren't close." She said, Yeonja and Misun were shocked by her answer and asked if it was because of idol trainning. "Me and Lily never saw eye to eye on many things. Soon it got to the point where a letter a year was all we heard from each other. But we are working on that now that we actually talked to each other." Her mother answered shyly smiling at the camera. Lily reminded her mother to not be so nervous, laughing when she pouted. Hwaja said she understood as her as when Sohee got busier she would rarely see her daughter as well. "How did you all feel about your kids becoming idols?" Kyuhyun asked. Yumi said she was worried as Lee Joon got sickly but she was also proud to see him follow his dream without pushing himself too far.

Chunja laughed at the question and said that she didn't know Alice became an idol til she the tv one day and saw her daughter on stage. "I ran away before debuting.' Alice said causing the cast to laugh at how she said she wanted to surprise her mom. "Juri, you must gave been proud as well. Your daughter just received her first number one recently I heard." Kyuhyun said. The camera focused on the mother-daughter pair. "I was as surprised as Chunja. I remember setting the television to remind and record each stage and show she appeared on. I wanted to watch her bloom, I felt like a school girl following an idol" Juri said. Lily choked on her drink of water and looked at her mom confused. "She was offered a high paying office job because of her high grades from high school and college but she turned it down." Juri admitted. The rest of the cast looked at Lily in awe. "Why did you turn it down?" Misun asked actually curious on this news. "I didn't have a passion for the job they were offering. Also I don't do well under pressure and stress combined so I didn't feel I could handle the job. Plus music was something I felt strongly about." Lily explained. Lee Joon said he understood what she meant as he had a similar experiance during his rookie days.

The show continued to take a lighter tone as the moms started to share stories about their childern when they were younger. Baby pictures of each idol appeared on screen. It was soon Lily's turn when the picture landed on a five year old Minki, Mijun and Micha. They were both the twins were wearing pool floaties but all were smiling happily to the camera with ice cream melting in their hands. "When was this taken?" Yeongja asked. "This was taken a summer before Lily went to America." Juri said remembering that summer. "She was a very bright and chubby child." Juri said smiling at the picture, "Always looking for food." She finished and patted Lily' s leg. Kyuhyun asked if Yeongja was like that as a child as well. The female MC nodded and said she ate more than just one ice cream, she ate the freezer full.

The show then when onto each child showing their skills. Lee Joon chose to dance, but Yeongja and Yeonghui fought over who he should dance around. "Omma, which daughter here would you like your son to marry?" Yeonghui asked Yumi. "Lily." She said causing them to ask why and making Micha blush. "She seems like she would make a good wife and mother." Yumi said. Lily thanked her and stepped down. "Couple formed." Kyuhyun said, Yeongja argued it wasn't valid yet but Misun told her to let it go. "The two of you should show your talents together. But first introduce yourself to each other." She said to the two idols. Lee Joon and Lily looked at each other quickly then turned from each other unable to keep their face striaght. "Annyeong, I am your Lily." Lily stammered then covered her face to hide her smile. "Annyeong, I am MBLAQ's Lee Joon." Lee Joon said back, he couldn't help but smile with her at how awkward they were. "Isn't she lovely. Isn't she wonderful." Kyuhyun sang for background music teasing the two.

The next scene had Lily sitting on a stool in the center stage with her ukulele. She started to sing a mash up of MBLAQ's Stay and Super Junior's It's You with Lee Joon doing ballet around her. The cast clapped in rhythem and cheered when the song ended with Lee Joon lightly touching Lily's cheek making eye contact with her. The camera changed to them being back in their seats. "You two aren't dating already right?" Kyuhyun teased. "How would you feel about having Lee Joon as a son in law?" Misun asked Juri. "He seems handsome enough." She answered laughing when Lily hid her embarassment. The show cut to the last scene with the childern saying words from the heart to their parents. "It was nice doing this. This a fun chance to have a mother daughter experiance." Lily said awkwardly smiling when her mom cooed at her for being shy. The show then ended.

- - - - - -

Micha sat in the dressing room with her mother. "I still can't get used to seeing you as a blonde." Her mother teased smiling when Micha mumbled that she found it a nice change. "I am happy we can tease each other like this." She said finally. Micha sighed, since two month ago she had to practice getting used to her mother, forcing her to spend time with her. She also felt guilty when her mother commented to things off script causing her to worry about causing the company trouble. Someone would likely find the holes in their 'lovely' family. "We should do this more often." Her mother admitted.

"No thank you." Micha answered coldly, running her hand though her head. She had to focus on remembering everything her mother said on the show, so in future interveiws she wouldn't be caught off guard. "We agreed to just this." She said, glaring at her mother. "And you didn't even follow through on your part. I have to go to another apperance." Micha grabbed her ukulele case and started towards the door.

"Micha, I wasn't lying. I do watch all your lives and chart rankings." Her mother said to the back of Micha's head. "I love you in a way a mother should." Micha turned to her, eyes filled with boredom. "I gave you a chance to tell me what type of daughter you wanted. You rejected it, I don't trust you honestly." She smiled as her mother looked hurt by her words. "Don't act surprised though. This was the only outcome for you. Now, can I go?" She asked, glancing at her phone's screen.

"You can't turn away from me. I have every right to be in your life. You can't blame me because you turned out like a freak. That you know you're trying to act like you are innocent when my pain is all your fault. No one would pay you any mind if they knew how twisted you really were!" Her mother yelled, Micha in her breath. She clenthed her jaw and walked out the dressing room. Without another word to her mother. She hoped that her manager would be waiting for the studio's door. 'She is wrong. She is wrong.' Micha chanted to herself, feeling herself start to cry she took a detor to the restroom.

She walked into a stall and dialed Hyesung's number. Hoping he would answer and push down her from her own dark thoughts. When he answered she wiped her tears and put on her best cheery tone. "Hyesung-oppa, what are you doing? How is the recording? Is the others there?" She quickly asked before he could comment on her voice. He answered all her questions then paused, "Micha, do you want to come over tonight?" He asked her, sighing in releif when she agreed although he hated the feeling of being unable to comfort her at the moment.