Chapter 16

Reaching You

Micha took a deep breath. She was currently getting her microphone put on and trying to handle the butterflies in her stomach. Lee Seunggi was almost done singing Return. "Omo, I am so nervious." Micha muttered to her manager who was trying to relax her. This was her debut stage on Mcountdown. She had to do well to gain intrest to the public. The theme for her debut stage was an undersea princess.

She was dressed in a v-neck light blue floor lenght chiffon dress. It had beading that lightly covered the straps and the top bonice of the dress. Her hair had waves with small beads making it look like she had dew drops in her hair. Her make up was very modest and she had on flesh toned ballet slippers to make her look as if she was bare footed. The set was to have two large white jellyfishes hanging in the background with slow color changing light effects. The electronic screen was underwater with slow moving fishes and air bubbles. The floor was to be lightly fogged with a podium in the middle of the set that was an inch high. She had two male/female pairs of background dancers who were to be doing ballet around her. They were dressed in soft pink chiffon knee lenght dresses and black suits. At the lyric break her 'prince' was to dance with her and leave her alone again to sing the last verse. The part she was most nervous about. 'What if I am too out of breath to pick up the song after the dance?'

Micha had to center herself and get into her role. 'This song is emotional. I have to be the heartbroken princess.' She thought to herself. She heard the claps signaling that Seunggi's stage was over and a hit. "Ok guys this is it." Micha said nerviously to her back up dancers and made the fighting sign. The head stage head told them to get into place. As she walked onto stage she saw the large crowd, most were female's holding up signs for Infinite's Sunggyu and Lee Hi. She saw most of them stop waiting their lightsticks, 'They don't know if they should support me or not. I have to prove myself to them.' She told herself as she stepped on her podium. She heard the MCs say her stage name and the lights lightened as the music started up.

- - - - - -

Micha bowed and walked off stage. She did a quick hyper jump once she was told her microphone was off. "That was nervewrecking." She said to her manager as the stage hand unmic-ed her. Her back up dancers congratulated her and told her they couldn't wait for tomorrow's Champion. Micha walked with her manager to her shared dressing room with The Seeya. "I will be right back." Her manager told her that she needed to make a phone call. Micha walked into her dressing room and bowed hello to her seniors.

Micha sat herself down in her corner not wanting to disturb her sunbaes. "Excuse me." A voice said making her look up she saw SNSD's Sunny talking with the girls of The Seeya. "Have you seen Hyomin?" She asked. She then sighed when they said their CEO just called for her to return to the company. Sunny nodded and sat beside Micha. "You were just on stage." Sunny said rather than ask, realizing her actions she apologized for being rude and introduced herself. "Ne, I am Lily." Micha said and the two girls shook hands. "You were really good. When you started to do ballet it was beautiful." Sunny complimented. Micha thanked her and said she still had a long ways to go as her voice cracked on a key high note. Sunny gave her pointers on how she is able to reach high notes smoothly. "Lily, it's time to go back on stage." Her manager called out. "Ah, but I am talking to my sunbae." Micha pouted. She finally got a chance to talk with a female idol and it was time to go.

 

"We can continue talking." Sunny said and laughed when Micha looked at her in disbeleif. The two exchanged numbers and promised they would talk again. "Lily fighting." Sunny cheered. Micha thanked her and was on her way to the stage. She clustered with other idols and clapped when Lee Seunggi received his number one trophy.

- - - - -

"Wow, befriending big idols wherever you go." Her manager said, Micha couldn't help but beam. She just befriended a member of South Korea's biggest girl group. "It was just luck that we met." She replied. They were on their way back to the company to meet with Andy. "So how was your debut stage?" Her manager asked. Micha looked out the window, sighing at how many emotions went through her mind. "It was scary. Fun. Nervewercking and empowering." She listed. "How did I look?" She asked her manager.

"I will let Andy tell you but while I was standing near reporters I saw them taking notes and pictures of you on stage." Her manager said adding on that they were nodding along with her and didn't seem bored. Micha smiled at this news, now she knew that there would be some positive articles about her. Feeling drained she felt her eyes become heavy before she finally went to sleep. Her manager checked on her and made a phone call. "Sir, she is sleeping now and we should be at the company in thirty minutes." She said, she nodded at Andy's instuctions then hanged up.

- - - - -

"Why can't I change again?" Micha whispered to her manager. Another member of T.O.P Media's staff complimented her on her debut stage. Micha politely bowed thanks before turning her attention back to her manager. "Because Mr. Lee wants a picture of you two to remember today." Her manager lied. Micha nodded although she did mutter that he could just take a picture of his television. The two stopped in front of the company's dance practice room and Micha asked why were they there if they were supposed to go to his office. "He wanted you to pick up your forgotten gym bag." Her manager said and stood beside the wall so Micha could open the door herself. "Now?" She asked confused while openning the door, "Why is the lights off? Is Andy cheap with the bills?" Micha said to the darkness as she flashed the lights on.

She screamed in surprise when Teen Top, 100%, her trainers and Shinhwa shouted 'Congraduations.' "My life flashed before my eyes." Micha laughed, she tightly held her chest and rest her head on the wall behind her. One by one everyone congradualated her for her debut stage. "We were watching it from here." Minwoo from 100% said pointing at the television in the corner while Ricky commented that the tears were a bit much. "I didn't cry." Micha shouted at him. Junjin patted her head ending their conversations. "Our little ice flower showed the world she has emotions." He said laughing when Micha started to swipe at him. 'I was too into the role.' She scolded herself.

Andy stepped forward with a wrapped medium sized box. "Here is a gift from us." He said handing her the gift. Micha thanked started to unwrap it. 'Gift?' She wondered while balling up the wrapping paper and threw it at Ricky, not forgetting his earlier statement causing Teen Top to laugh. "Its adorable." Micha said lifting up the gift. It was a tan colored teddy bear dressed in a smaller verison of the outfit she was wearing. Also in the box was a scrapbook and a copy of her debut mini album. "Thank you oppa." She cooed. "So we either have to get you drunk or by you gifts to hear you call us oppa." Dongwan noted. No one laughed until Hyesung asked him if he was dumb.

"We got your favorite meals." Neil said pointing to the small buffet table that Hyukjin, C.A.P and Rokhyun were already eatting from. "Who cooked it?" She asked. Minwoo told her Hyesung and she joked that she would pass. "I cooked all morning and this is what I get while Andy buys a gift he gets called oppa?" Hyesung yelled and slapped Eric's hand when he tried to massage his shoulders. "Aish what a moody sunbae we have Mili." Micha said to the teddy bear. "Mili?" Minwoo asked her smiling at the name. "Short for Mini Lily. Mili." Micha said proudly.

The rest of the party went smoothly. Chanjo told her how L.Joe tripped during the rehersal of their debut stage and Changbum made bad imitations of actors from the drama Boys over Flowers. "Kids, I have an annoucement." Andy said calling his groups to attention. "As you know the year is ending and that means music award shows are coming up." He started, "I want you to all have happy memories even if you lose at an award or don't get nominatted so I arranged for you all to have special stages during MBC's end of year music festival." Andy finished earning cheers all around. 

"Teen Top and 100% will be preforming Sorry Sorry" He announced. As soon as he said those words the two male groups started to sing the chorus. "Teen Top would have a solo stage after that and two members of 100% and Lily will join three members of Teen Top to preform Venus." He continued ignoring them ask if they could pick who they dance as and complain. "Our stage ser will end with Lily preforming Min Yeon's Paparazzi with C.A.P covering Eric's rap part." He finished and the groups started to talk among themselves about the stages.

Micha caught Hyesung's eyes by mistake and quickly looked away. She knew it was rude and could make him feel he did something wrong. She just didn't know what else to do. She didn't like her small changes around him. It was bothering.