Chapter 4

Reaching You

 

"Ok you can do this Micha." Micha said to herself and quickly signed the character for person on her hand before swallowing it for luck.

 

It was been two days since Andy coming to tell her he wanted to sign her to his agency and now she was standing in front of Shinhwa Company to meet him. She dressed her best for this moment, wanting to be casual but at the same time ready for business. So she chose to wear a white sundress and a navy blazer. She added beige boots and a light pink scarf that hung around her neck. Her hair was in a pony tail and she added a navy headband for good measure. "Fighting." She mumbled to herself and picked her ukulele case off the ground and walked into the building. Once in Micha swore she suddenly felt small, the building looked so big and new and she was sure was open as she stared at everything in awe.

 

"Can I help you?" A secertary asked her once she reached the welcome desk. Micha nodded and inwardly scolded herself, "I am here for a meeting with Andy." She said in a voice which she hope hid her nervousness. The woman's smile showed her it didn't. "You must be Ms. Song. Mr. Lee is in a meeting but if you walked down this hall and go up four floors. He will be the third door on your left." The secertary instructed. Micha gave a light bow as thanks before walking down the hall. 'This place is stunning.' Micha thought to herself. She found the company so bright it was almost blinding with it's white walls and fresh plants.

 

Hearing the elevator alarm ding made her pick up pace. "Excuse me." She said feeling she wasn't going to make it before a male hand from inside the elevator stopped it. Micha picked up pace and walked into the elevator and pressed then button for the fifth floor. "Thank you" she said not looking at the male and backed into a corner away from him. The man looked at her before smiling as if they met. "You are the ukulele girl Andy is signing." The man said and snapped his fingers seeing she had said instrument. Micha just nodded. "Looks like we are both running late. I had to double check my shoes to make sure they matched." He said and laughed at his own joke. Micha looked at the man's shoes and saw they did match, "I got to match but I didn't for my socks." The man said and lifted his slacks a bit to show his socks were indeed mismatched. She felt her lips turn upwards but quickly went back into her neutral look.

 

"I am Minwoo by the way. I guess you are too young for my music." Minwoo said, "I know Shinhwa." Micha said aloud making Minwoo clap. "You spoke!" He said making her blush then cheered inwardly when her floor dinged. She quickly got out the elevator as if it was on fire. "See you later." Minwoo said loudly making her blush even more. "He is so embarassing." Micha said quietly and an image of his mismatched socks flashed through her mind making her laugh. 'He seemed so proud of it.' She thought to herself causing her to have to stiffle her laughter.

 

She walked to the office where the secertary told her to go and saw a note on the door. 'Ms. Song, you have premission to sit inside.' Micha folded the note and walked into the office and saw it was a confreince room. There were posters of Shinhwa on the wall that were framed, a few music show trophies and some potted plants. In the center of the room was a round conference table that looked like it could sit ten people. Micha sat down her case and went to stare at the posters more. She went up to poster for The Solver and pointed out Andy and Minwoo. "I followed H.O.T then so I really don't know the others." She mumbled and started to hum 'The Solver'. She continued down the poster timeline, pointing out the only two members she knew and ended up at 'Venus'. "Oh I know this song too." Micha said and lightly sang the chorus of the song surprised at how many, but it was still a small amount, of their songs that she knew. Spinning on her toes she squeaked from shock. Andy was standing there ,dressed in business wear, with the rest of Shinhwa watching her. "Omo, she is so cute." Junjin said pointing openly at her.

 

Micha felt her cheeks warm and wanted to die right then and there. "He-hello. I am Micha Song." She stammered and bowed deeply. "We are Shinhwa." The group of older males said their group greeting. "Please take a seat." Andy said pointing at the chair closest to her. Micha nodded and took a seat while Minwoo and Junjin took a seat sitting on both sides of her. With Eric sitting next to Minwoo and Hyesung sitting near Junjin. "Oh this is yours." Dongwan said and walked to her with her ukulele case. Micha nodded and got the case from him. "Thank you." She said in a low voice and he went to sit near Eric with Andy taking the seat right across from her.

 

"So you decided to join." Andy said smiling at Micha. She looked around the room and saw all six males were looking at her. "I thought these meetings were private." She said, blocking all her embarassment and fear away not wanting to ruin this. "Yes they usually are." Andy said in a strained voice, " But they wanted to meet you as well." Micha nodded at this. "Yes I want to join. Is there a contract?" She asked. The group threw each other a surprised look and Andy slid the contract to her. "Do you need your parents to read it over?" Dongwan asked. "Why?" Micha asked now worried that she overlooked some detail. "Aren't you a minor?" Eric asked now. Micha nodded at his words, pulled out her id and revealed it to them. "I turned 24 over half a year ago." She stated, 'Their faces are funny.' Micha thought to herself as the members asked to see her card up close. She slid it on the table and they grabbes for it while she read over the contract.

 

It seemed like a pretty standard contract. She would be under it for five years, the amount of aimmed pay, and rules she must abided by. It even included what her training will be like and said she will be provded a dorm. Nodding while reading this she didn't have any problems. "So I just sign on all the lines where my name is printed?" Micha asked and saw the members were talking about her id picture and arguing that it might be fake. "You are really 23?" Minwoo asked, "24" Micha corrected. Junjin laughed at how his 'trap' failed. "Wait, I have to go over it with you." Andy said and told the other members to be quiet or he would kick them out. So Andy sat there for almost two hours explaining the contract and helped her out when she was confused on some things. Eric threw his input now and then when he saw Micha not getting Andy's explation.

 

Once everything was said Micha decided to sign, earning cheers in the room. While Andy was signing his parts Dongwan called her name. "Can you name which member of Shinhwa we are?" He asked, 'I should have paid attention when they were calling each other.' She scolded herself. "Um. Minwoo." She said pointing at the male earning a goofy grin. "Andy.", getting a simple nod from her new boss. "Uh- hahah." She laughed nervously and turned away from the four men who were looking at her in disbeleif. "Yah, you don't know me?" Junjin asked her making her shake her head. "You knew our songs though." Hyesung said slowly, Micha nodded. "I know your songs but I don't know each of your names really." She said easily and wanted to take her words back when she saw their faces. "Which group did you follow we were still new?" Minwoo asked ,happy that she knew his name. "H.O.T" Micha said. "They aren't so great." Eric said, reminding Micha of an upset toddler causing her to laugh. "H.O.T were big then but you all are the ones still here." She said to him and made the fighting sign.

 

"You laughed at him but not at my socks?" Minwoo said accusingly. Micha simply shrugged. "Who was your favorite H.O.T member?" Junjin asked. Micha felt her cheeks warm and looked down. "Kangta oppa." She said in a shy voice and jumped when the others started cringing. "She called him oppa but just called me Minwoo." The dancer said. Andy just laughed as his hyungs started telling her their names and positions one by one and telling her that she can called them oppa. "Ok you are all signed up. Welcome to T.O.P media." Andy said and reached out to shake Micha's hand. She simply stared at it and stood to bow. "Thank you for taking me in. I am in your care." She said and Andy put his hand down.

 

 "Have you eaten lunch?" Eric asked her.