Chapter 11

Reaching You

"So how was your recording, Lily?" Her manager asked Micha. "It was as difficult as I expected. But it was nice seeing how much work goes into just singing one song." Micha answered, " And why are you calling me Lily?" She asked right back. They were in the parking lot walking to her car. "We need you to get used to your stage name because once you debut it will be an easier process for you to be able to seperate Micha from Lily." She explained, "So while on schedule you are Lily but when you are by yourself you are.." She finished and allowed Micha to soak it all in. "I am Micha." She answered earning a nod of approval.

As they got in the car Micha looked at the clock radio and was surprised to see it read that it was six in the afternoon. "Has it really been twelve hours?" She asked her self and wondered where did the day go. It felt like she was honestly only working for just four hours, sure her body instantly cried in pain as soon as she sat down and was beginning to dry but mentally she felt like she really did nothing with the day. "You will be begging to be able to say that once your workload picks up." Her manager joked and drove to the soon to debut idol's dorm. The ride was silent other than the radio and the sounds of the road so her manager checked on her a few times and chuckled when she saw Micha sleeping. "Only twelve hours huh." She whispered and went back to focusing on driving.

-----------

Micha awoke to find herself on her futon in her dorm. "How did I get here?" She groaned as she streched her limbs. She shuffled out of bed and walked into the living room. The kitchen's light was on and there was a note on her televison. 'You were sleeping in the car so I brought you into your dorm. Didn't want you to sleep outside. No, I didn't carry you, you are just surprisingly obedient when you are tired.' It read. Micha glanced at the clock and saw it was a little past ten. "So I was able ton sleep four hours." She said and gave a weak no energy cheer. "I got to work on my cover." She said but walked towards the kitchen, "But first I need coffee. And to change." She set up her coffee maker and let it do its magic while she changed into more comfortable clothes.

She changed into her lucky red hockey shirt and wore bright yellow pajama bottoms that had pictures of cupcakes on it. Her hair was in a messy bun and she wore her glasses, sure her outfit didn't really match but this was her comfort clothes, the one time when she allowed herself to just wear whatever. Micha started to walk back into the kitchen when her door bell rang. "Did my manager forget something?" She asked aloud and did a simple spin to the door. "Who is it?" She asked looking at the monitor. She could tell it was about four men, and there was no way in hell she was going to allow four strange men into her house ever. Espically at this time of night. "It's Andy. I brought Junjin, Eric and Hyesung with me." The second shortest male said. Micha asked them to step back into the light hallway's light so she could varify it was them.

"Ok, it's unlock." Micha said and let them let themselves in as she went back into the kitchen for coffee. "So this is you in your natural habitat." Junjin said being the first to spot her in her comfort clothes. "Yes. A rare moment that few been able to live and tell about." She said back to him as she started to add creamer and sugar to her coffee. "I think she looks cute. " Eric complimented and was offered a cup of coffee from Micha as thanks. "Why did you only ask him?" Junjin asked so she even more by offering Andy and Hyesung. "Be like that. That is why I turned down the offer to feature on your mini album." Junjin said and went to the living room. Hyesung and Eric joined him as the kichen seemed too small to fit all of them. Micha asked Andy how did Junjin liked his coffee and made him a cup as well.

Once giving everyone a cup she made herself comfortable with her ukulele and lyric sheet."Why are you all here?" She asked after taking a large gulp of coffee. "We have to film Shinhwa Boradcast in two hours and we wanted to be somewhere interesting while we waited." Eric answered. "So how was your first day of work?" Andy asked, he didn't really get a chance to talk with Micha outside of the small photoshoot chat. She started to tune her ukulele as the pondered. "It was good. I liked the songs we worked on today. And the photoshoot was enjoyable. I never knew how little hours were in a day til now though." She answered and looked down at her lyric sheet. "Are we disturbing you?" Hyesung asked hoping they didn't rush in on her while she was working.

Micha shook her head. "No you are ok Sunbae. I am just making a cover for the album. You are actually helping me by being here as I work better with noise." She said and gave him a small smile. "I am the best at making noise." Junjin joked making Micha scowl. "I said noise not distractions." She said, the other males laughed at there bickering. "What song is she covering?" Eric asked Andy since Micha was looking over her music sheet. He was about to answer when Micha started to play causing the men to stop talking. She started to sing the lyrics at the regular speed and changed her playing tempo until she found the speed she was looking for.

'It doesn't sound anything like a dance track anymore. It sounds more softer, femine and relaxing.' Andy thought to himself as she played. She finished singing and quickly wrote down every detail of what she just played. Junjin and Eric clapped loudly for her once they saw she wrote everything that was on her mine. "You should cover a Shinhwa song next." Andy said, "Yeah, I think you are worthy enough to." Junjin added. Micha ignored him and looked back at her boss. "Maybe. I still need to tweek some things on this song as I missed some notes on the intro and ." She said. "I didn't notice, you covered it well." Hyesung said to her earning a lifted cup of coffee, which he figured was her saying thank you.

"Oh I have some sample photos from ealier I wanted to give you." Andy said and reached into his bag to pull out a portfolio. "These are from your company photoshoot?" Eric asked getting yes from Andy and Micha. "Lets see how the evil princess looks." Junjin joked before they all gathered around the table. Andy slid the portfolio to Micha to let her have the best veiw. She openned the cover and quickly slammed it shut. The men started to complain and laugh at her flustered face. "It is embarassing to look at my own pictures with other people." She said and tried to hide her blush. "The pictures can't be that bad." Junjin said and slid the portfolio from her to him. The men crowded around him and looked at the pictures. "Yah. I was expecting pictures so bad I could laugh at." Junjin complained but continued look through the photos.

"They came out really beautiful." Andy said and leaned back, he already saw all the photos earlier. "Most are going into the company's photobook but a few are being saved for your teaser and mini album photobook." He added and finish drinking his coffee. "You do look really beautiful in these. You look almost as if you are in your own peaceful world in this one." Hyesung told Micha who was now leaning over them. He was talking about the picture they were currently veiwing. It was of her smiling down at the flowers with an eye smile. Her hair was draped over her left shoulder so it was a clear shot of her face and neckline. She looked like she was laughing at an inside joke. "I think this was taken when Andy tried to shower C.A.P with love and got ignored. It was funny to see." Micha explained once she figured out the moment the picture was taken, "I thought they were reloading the cameras so I pushed my hair aside as it was getting hot on my neck." Andy snapped his fingers remembering as well and felt embarassed knowing someone witnessed his rejection.

"Of course the daughter laughs when her dad and brother are making a scene." Junjin said understanding it as he saw how Andy tried to show his idols love. "I wasn't laughing to be mean. Just" Micha started, she thought a moment on how to properly explain her laughing, "I found it sweet I guess to see Andy try to get C.A.P to talk to him like a father." She finished and drank the last of her coffee. They continued to look over her photos and the four Shinhwa told her stories of their own first photoshoot. Soon an hour and a half came and went so the males left to go work. "Do a good job." Micha said behind them as the males walked out her door. She remained standing by the door watching the monitor until she heard the sound of the elevator telling her they were truly gone.

 

Micha went back into the living room and grabbed the empty mugs and empty cookie bag, they found their way around the kitchen pretty well, put them in their places. While she was washing the mugs Micha realized she actually did enjoy their company. "Next time I hope they call ahead so I can properly prepare." She said to herself and went back to working on her cover.