Chapter 14

Reaching You

"Why did you run in here? Did something happened?" Her manager asked her. After Micha commanded her to drive quickly. Micha was breathing hard and trying to catch her breath. "Please just drive." She answered choosing to ignore the questions. "Is that Jun Nam from that famous Pepsi CF?" Her manager asked seeing a man run out an alleyway through her rear veiw mirror. Micha ducked her head into her lap and groaned. Her manager decided she will report this to Andy hoping he could make sense of what went on between the two.

---------------

Micha walked into her dorm room and instantly called Minki. "Well well well. look who called." Her brother said after answering on the first ring. She sighed into the phone slightly calmed by her brother's voice. "I think I messed up" She whispered and as she spoke dry tears came from her eyes, some landed onto the phone. "What did you mess up something during the filming? Don't worry it was probably not something as big as you are making it seem." Her brother said, he knew his sister was a bit of a perfectionist. 'She needs to relax more.' He thought to himself as the line went silent. Micha nodded into the phone, "Of course I am overreacting." She told herself. Minki agreed, not realizing she was no longer talking to him. "I shouldn't make a big deal since nothing happened in the end." The way she said this struck her twin as odd.

 "Mimi, can you tell me what exactly happened?" He asked. At first he thought she might have broke something or messed up a scene. But her sentence didn't make sense if those were the scenerios. When she started to cry he ordered her to take a deep breath and talk to him, slowly. "Now tell me everything." He said and told her in a soothing voice. Micha told him about what happened at the music video set but hid Jun's name. If her brother agreed with her and said it was nothing to worry about she didn't want to risk a rumor starting on Jun. And herself.

She felt worried when didn't hear anything on the other line but her brother's breathing. "Does anyone else know about this?" He asked. Micha said no and he yelled at her asking her why didn't she tell her manager. Once she started to cry he knew he wasn't helping. "I am sorry. Do you have a schedule tomorrow?" He asked. Micha said they were giving her a day off as she finished everything faster than expected. "I will come pick you up then. And no you have no choice in this matter. I will be there in an hour." He said before hanging up.

Minki looked at his phone and cursed. He wanted to break something, or someone but he knew Micha was his first priority. ' it, I will go pick her up now.' He told himself not having the will to wait a full hour.

-------------

9:00 pm

 

Andy walked into the group's dressing room. "I am starving." He said as he sat on the couch. Minwoo and Dongwan sat beside him. "Where is the takeout you ordered Eric?" Dongwan asked the leader who was entering the room. "It was my turn tonight?" Eric asked dazed out by the question. When Hyesung asked him if he was serious and threated to choke the leader. He finally admitted he was teasing when the others started to riot as well. "Andy your phone is flashing." Junjin said and threw the maknae his phone. He unlocked his phone and was surprised to see seven missed calls and four voicemails. "I wonder what was so important." He asked himself. "Put it on speaker." Minwoo said hovering over him while Andy started to listen to the voicemails.

'One new message: Sir. Lily has been acting strange since I picked her up from her shoot. She won't say anything but I think something is wrong. You might want to check on her.'

'Second new message: Andy-ssi, this is Minki. There is something I think I should tell you.'

'Third new message: This is Minki again. Wanted to let you know I have Micha with me. But we seriously need to talk.'

'Forth new message: If you don't call me in the next hour I am going to get Micha to end her contract.'

"I wonder what that was about?" Hyesung asked Junjin who shurgged. Andy called the male twin and hushed the others in the background. "I just heard the messages. Calm down for a moment. What happened exactly? Ok. I will be right there. Goodbye." Andy said. It was a one way conversation and it was bugging the others, not knowing fully what was going on. Andy hung up and rushed to the door. "What happened?" Eric asked. The other members scrambled after him realizing that he wasn't going to stop moving to talk. "Something happened with Micha. Minki said he had to tell me face to face right now." Andy said. He stopped walking and cursed. "My manager drove me today." He said. Hyesung raised his car keys and oftered to drive them. "You guys don't have to come." Andy said to the others as piled into the jeep. "We want to come." Dongwan said closing the last door. On the way to Minki's apartment they went over what could seem so important.

"Only one way to find out what happened." Dongwan said. Eric patted Andy's back and told him it could be nothing. "Whatever it is you can handle it." Hyesung said as he parked the jeep, "Lets go." Andy lead the way.

- - -

Minki had invited them into the kitchen, asking Hyesung, Eric and Dongwan to sit and watch Micha. She was sitting comfortably watching an old varity show while drinking soju. "Why did you ask them to watch her? She seems ok." Minwoo asked. Minki heard a commercial and hushed him. "Look at Micha." She said. The older men looked at the sole female. She had her shot glass frozen in mid air watching the commercial, like a deer in headlights. As if she was afriad the people in it could actually see her. "Isn't that Jun's CF?" Andy asked noticing it was the same male from the layout sheet for her music video.

Minki gave a hard look at the sound of Jun's name and sighed, calming himself. "I guess. All I know is it's the same guy who tried to come on to her." He said. The three men quickly turned their attention to the twin. "Come on to?" Junjin asked, wanting him to elaborate. "More like force himself. Micha almost had a panic attack when I told her to tell me what happened." He continued. Minki was fixing a tray of food not looking at them. "If she was like that how can you just be calm?" Junjin yelled in a low voice, not wanting the other group to hear.

Minki stabbed his knife into the cutting board and gave Junjin a cold look. "Calm? I am pissed beyond what you can imagine. I was almost willing to force Micha to move back in with our parents and give up the idea of being an idol." He said in a cool voice that made the older man step back. "I will talk to her and handle this." Andy told Minki, "I just need you to leave because she might have changed some things since she knows your possible reactions." He said calmly. Andy was already trying to think of scenerios on how to handle this.

Minki started to protest but Andy assured him he could handle anything she threw. The younger male nodded and told Andy what Micha told him. He also added in her behavior while telling it. He answered questions the men threw at him, when he finished he was pleased when the others shared his feelings on what happened.

"Andy, you have to understand Micha is someone I have to protect. I already seen her in the worst state imaginable. I can't make her like that again." Minki said with a firm tone. Andy understood his will but didn't want him to effect Micha's confession. "It would be better if you get some air." He said to the younger male. Minki was about to argue when he realized this was a better idea than him being there. "You will get her to tell you everything?" He asked Andy. "I will do that and more." He promised. This was what Minki wanted and needed to hear so he let Minwoo lead him out.

"You ok?" Junjin asked Andy. He was in deep thought replying Minki words on how Micha explained to him what happened. "Yeah, I was just thinking to myself." He said and let his hyung lead the way to the others.

- - - -

 

"Andy, you sent Minki out?" Micha asked with a raised brow. She seemed fully focused on pour the soju into a shot glass but was really studying her surroundings. Andy nodded and took a seat across from her. Junjin found the remote and turned off the television. "What happened today on set?" He asked her, he threw away his business tone. Wanting to try the friendship angle first.

 

 "Nothing." Micha said. She caught his eye before leaning back to rest her head on the back of the sofa. "Can you be a bit more serious?" Dongwan asked. He didn't like how she blew off Andy's question and didn't seem to grasp the situation. Eric squeezed his shoulder, giving him a silent code that Andy knew what he was doing. "I can't beleive that. If nothing happened a full day of filming would have went to waste." Andy said, sitting his eblows on the small table. "True." Micha whispered. She made no indecation of continuing so Andy went on. "The director and staff said you were a bit stiff on film but that was to be expected since this was your first time." He said.

"They also said you seemed scared almost of Jun." He finished and watched her reaction. Micha took a deep sigh, "I am like that with most men." She mumbled and smiled to the ceiling. "But you don't run in a panic from every man you see. You are sitting calmly now." Andy said, trying not to make her avoid the questions. "Because Shinhwa are my friends." She said and finally lifted her head. 'Give them a quick smile. They will leave you alone if you.' Micha told herself. She smiled and caught Andy's eye, hoping he got the message to end the conversation. He shook his head making her groan. Micha took a shot and started to pour another glass. "And friends help friends." Andy said, Micha couldn't help but try to hold in a laugh at that statement. "Sure sunbae." She said, repeating his words then taking another shot.

She poured another and another before Junjin finally took the bottle of soju from her. "What happened to 'friends help friends.'?" She glared at him. "And I am helping you not drown your problems" He said through clenched teeth. "Letting me do that is helping me. Right Andy, so he should give it back." She said to her CEO in a shakey voice. She gave another smile hoping this time it would work. Micha felt as if she was punched when all she saw were the men looking at her with eyes of pity. 'They aren't supposed to be like this. They should be happy not to have to deal with this.' She told herself. 'Lie to them.' She started to ramble about how the stylists complimented her and how she was bad at lip syncing.

Micha knew it wasn't working as she planned when she felt Hyesung grab her wrist. She caught his eyes and flinched when she saw hurt and anger in them. "Micha, let us help you." He whispered. 'Don't fall for it. Its a trick' she told herself, trying to shake him off her wrist. 'They always say that but really they are protecting the other party.' She reminded herself. She went through this before. She wasn't going to be fooled anymore. "Micha did you eat today?" Andy asked her when she went silent. She shook her head. He told Eric about the food Minki left and asked him to grab it.

"You should eat more." Hyesung tsked and took the tray of food from Eric. He started to force feed her, ignoring her protests that she wasn't hungry. Not understanding why she felt tears start to fall. Hyesung slowed down on feeding her, worried he might have been too rough. She swallowed the food and barried her face into her hands. She didn't understand why now she turned weak and emotional. "It wasn't supposed to be like this." She cried, feeling as her world was falling apart somehow. "You were supposed to ask basic questions and leave when I said nothing happened so why are you still here?" She rambled. Hyesung moved the tray away from him and pulled her in, letting her cry into his chest.

 

Dongwan sighed, glancing at Eric who was now sitting on the other side of her cooing kind words. "Micha something did happened." Andy stated. He wanted to comfort his idol as well but he had to be the strong one now. He could take care of her later. She nodded. "Something with Jun." He contunied. He sighed in refleif when she nodded again. "Tell me what happened." She let go of Hyesung and looked into her hands. Knowing she could only rely on herself to explain it.

Micha listed the events that happened on and off set. She continued not knowing that while she was focused on her intertwined hands the men around her face darkened. Junjin had to Hyesung into the kitchen, with a simple 'Excuse us.'. Dongwan was muttering under his breath and Eric couldn't help himself when he put a protective arm around her. Andy sat and listened. He had to keep his anger to himself and not show it. In case of her accidently feeling it was towards her. When she finished she looked right at him wondering what will happen now. "Micha. I promise he will be properly handled." Andy told her.  Micha gave a small smiled and leaned back onto the sofa.

She felt someone lean her over so she was laying down comfortably and muttered a thanks to whoever was neat. She didn't know she was so tired until now. 'Minki will take me home.' She thought to herself as she went to sleep