The Trying Kai

My 100 Days Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Riiinng!

Grumpily, Yoonhye reached out a hand and turned her alarm clock off.

Every morning she wakes up, she hopes that every single thing that was happening to her is just a bad dream.

But, no.

The first thing she does every morning these days is to face her wall calendar with Infinite’s faces printed on them. “Day 3.” She murmured and made a big ‘X’ over that day’s date. *Not bad, D-day is coming closer… 97 more days.* She thought and sighed.

She did what she had to do. Wash up, dress up and go down to munch some breakfast.

She saw her grandmother preparing their breakfast on the dining table.

“Good morning, Halmeoni!” She sweetly greeted. Her grandmother acknowledged her back with a smile.

Together, they ate breakfast happily. It’s been a while since they ate together. For a moment, Yoonhye forgot all her troubles and headed towards the gates.

“I’ll be going now. See you later, Halmeoni!” Yoonhye waved back, threw a flying kiss and giggled.

Her grandmother shook her head and had a smile printed in her face. “When will this kid grow up…”

 

 

 

 

 

Yoonhye was skipping happily towards the bus stop. On her way, someone called her name.

“Yoon-ah!”

She noticed the familiar voice and turned around, expecting to see Sehun. But, no, it was someone she expected the least.

Kai.

The Kim Jongin was walking her way.

She immediately walked ahead and quickened her pace. Just a few moments ago, she was enjoying peace, forgetting all her problems. Now, here comes the main reason why she was always having a dreadful day.

*I practiced that Sehun boy’s voice for nothing?! Hell no!* “Hey! Yoon Yoon! Don’t leave me~” Kai called loudly as he ran to Yoonhye, but she was gaining speed. Kai knew that his pleas could not stop the stubborn Yoonhye from going further. That’s why, he got an idea.

A marvellous idea, in fact.

He kneeled to the ground and dramatically reached out a hand. Not only that, he started sobbing loudly. “D-Don’t leave me! I’ll be a better man, I promise. J-just don’t leave me~ I-I'm begging you, please.”

That did stop Yoonhye from walking any further.  She dreadfully turned around and swear that she saw his little smirk when they had eye contract. Then, he bowed his head and continued sobbing louder.

Some people, who were having some morning exercises or went to the market, stopped their tracks for a while, threw Yoonhye some ‘consider-him’ looks and stayed to watched the live drama.

Of course, Yoonhye didn’t have a choice. It would appear she’s a heartless woman if she leaves this ‘crying’  young man alone in the middle of the road. After a heavy sigh, she walked in front of Kai. Curious eyes were watching them intently.

When Kai saw her shoes in front of him, he secretly smiled in victory.

“Get up.” Yoonhye said through her gritted teeth.

Kai looked up. He looked so much like a beaten lost puppy. He can, seriously, be a wonderful actor. Yoonhye thought.

“Get up.” She repeated. He, then, followed and stood up slowly.

He pulled the girl into his arms. “Thank you!” He buried his head to the crook of her neck. “Thank you, Yoon Yoon. I’ll seriously be a better man.” He whispered, giving Yoonhye a tingling feeling.

It did sound sincere though.

But after witnessing his excellent acting skills, she didn’t believe those false words. The words he said were probably just an act, a lie.

The people watching were still not satisfied. They wanted to see the girl hug her ‘lover’ back. They intently watched the next move.

Knowing that they won’t leave until she makes her move, she raised her shaking hands and roughly patted Kai on the back, hinting him to let go. Maybe, a little too hard.

“Oww…” Kai silently muttered as he slowly pulled away.

The people started clapping, whooping happily, and congratulating the ‘reunited’ couple.

“Ahhh~ Young love~” A woman in her late 50s sighed dreamily.

“Yeobo, I miss those times when we were like that! We were so much sweeter than them!” A healthy grandpa said to his wife.

 

Yoonhye frowned disapprovingly. *We’re not even a couple!*

Kai, feeling elated, grabbed her hand and politely bowed to the people congratulating them. With his hand interlaced with hers, he happily skipped towards the bus stop.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun wasn’t glad.

He expected to have some relaxing alone time with Yoonhye before going to the chaotic school, but what is this greasy boy doing here?!

What was this boy, who was the main reason why he can’t hangout with Yoonhye much anymore, doing here?!

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter