Christmas

My 100 Days Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The small sun blazed over their sleeping faces.

Feeling the warm heat coming from the small sun, Yoonhye flinched and hugged her blanked closer. Her eyebrows met each other in confusion when she felt another live creature beside her. Her eyes immediately fluttered open when she realized it is not a dream.

The pushed the blanket away and stood far away from the living creature. The living creature bumped his head harshly on the cushion seat; yet, he didn’t move an inch and continued sleeping. This time he looked more comfortable with the new sleeping position.

*J-Jongin… what the? Where am—oh wait, nevermind...* Yoonhye looked around her. She then remembered she got stuck in a cable car with Kim Jongin.

Yoonhye shook her head. *Nothing happened between the two of us, right…? Aigoo… How come I can’t remember anything?!* She hit her head multiple times, trying to remember whatever happened the night before. She only remembered Kai’s present, but she vaguely remembered what happened after that.

Giving up, she woke up Kai. She wildly shook the ‘sleeping-like-a-baby’ boy. Kai was stubborn, but she didn’t give up until he grumpily woke up. But when he saw Yoonhye’s face, he calmed down, and greeted her a ‘good morning’.

“Can you please tell me what happened last night…?” Yoonhye asked in a tiny voice. Kai shrugged. “I brought you to a ‘fairytale-like’ place, and then our cable car got stuck here… Basically, that’s what happened…” He started. She was about to ask if that was it, but Kai said something first. “OH! And you did aegyo!”

He started laughing and clapping his hands as he pictured Yoonhye doing aegyo.

“WHAT…? I did what…” Yoonhye asked with wide eyes.

Kai looked at her and answered simply. “Aegyo.”

Yoonhye covered her red face. She can’t believe she would do such thing. Aegyo is so not her thing. *… I wasn’t dreaming…?*

She patted her red cheeks and huffed. “Kim Jongin… I would never believe you, you liar!” She crossed her arms and inwardly wishing for the cable car to move. She wanted to get out already. Because she was so sleepy to remember a thing, she didn’t know what the reality was. But she vaguely knows herself, she did it.

Kai’s face fell. *Why does she always not trust me…?* He took out his camera. He didn’t have his phone, but luckily, he had a camera. “I took a video, wanna see?” He smirked.

“W-Wait! Never mind… just keep it!” Yoonhye shooed his hand away.

Kai smirked and patted the seat next to him. Yoonhye had no choice but to sit down and wait for the cable car to function again. It was a weird feeling, but she feels something whenever she's with Kai.

The boy looked at her for a few seconds and watched her reactions. He secretly smiled and shook his head at her silliness. *Of course, I’ll keep it. I feel so honoured to see your aegyo… I didn’t even video it, you silly. It’s only for my eyes…* He giggled inside his mind.

The cable car started moving forward as they both witnessed the magnificent sun rise.

 

 

* * *

 

Some EXO boys whined in sync when Suho spread the news.

They were all going back home to Seoul.

“Why can’t we just send our parents here? I don’t want to return to Seoul… It reminds me of busy days…” Chanyeol pouted.

“Just hearing the word Seoul makes me wanna cry…” Tao added.

“Seoul is so stressful… I wanna stay here and plant more pines!” Chen added more.

In reality, only three were whining. But the trio’s complaints were loud enough to be equalized to all 13 of them.

Suho pouted back at them. “I’m really sorry… but we have to go home… Tomorrow’s Christmas and, we should at least celebrate it with our families.  And besides, all my presents for you guys are all in Seoul.” He coolly shrugged.

“LET’S GO BACK TO SEOUL!!!” Chanyeol declared. Soon, the two followed the leader.

Everyone laughed at Chanyeol’s childishness.

Suho and Kris exchanged glances and smiled. *Easy-peasy…*

 

 

 

 

* * *

“HALMEONI~ I’m back!” Yoonhye declared with a huge grin as she entered the gates of her house.

Her grandmother rushed to her and excitingly bombarded her granddaughter with questions. Yoonhye felt a little guilty, leaving her grandmother alone while she enjoyed her life in Suho’s Wolf Creek Winter Resort.

“Halmeoni.” She called. Her grandmother curiously looked at her granddaughter and wondered what’s wrong with the sudden change on tone in her voice.

“I’m going to bring you there, I promise.” Yoonhye said with serious eyes. Her grandmother just laughed and ruffled Yoonhye’s hair. “This kid, what are you emoting about? Hurry and dress up, okay? Let’s finish decorating the Christmas tree!”

The grandmother and the grandchild together did the Christmas tree, happily. They both exchange corny jokes but laughed away.

The doorbell rang and Yoonhye ran.

To her surprise, a freezing Sehun stood there with two large paper bags filled with food in his hand. “Hey!” He greeted with a smile that was shivering from the cold.

Yoonhye immediately told him to come in.

Sehun’s parents were attending a business Christmas party. Sehun, too, was invited, but he politely rejected the offer and instead, he went to celebrate with someone he feels more comfortable with.

Yoonhye and her grandmother.

Also, he wanted to celebrate with Yoonhye without any distractions a.k.a EXO.

The three of them finished decorating the tree and went to decorate the place. The long table was filled with Grandmother’s authentic dishes, together with Sehun’s mother’s mouth-watering dishes.

The three sat comfortably while exchanging stories in the living room as they monitor the television for countdown to Christmas.

Just then, the doorbell rang again.

“Halmeoni, I didn’t know you are so popular. You invited a lot, huh?” Yoonhye jokingly giggled as she ran to the gates. Her grandmother tilted her head in curiosity. Did she…?

 

 

 

 

 

 

*  *  *

In a blink of an eye, a group of loud boys filled the small house.

It was EXO!

They all respectfully bowed at Yoonhye’s grandmother, apologized for suddenly intruding the place (which was too late), and asked permission if they can celebrate

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter