Gone?

My 100 Days Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Twelve days.

That’s how long Kai had been staying in the hospital.

Yoonhye checked her calendar and crossed out a day. It’s the 93rd day, which means 7 more days left till their 100 days ‘game’ end.

On her way to the hospital, she brought a basket of fruits along with her. Humming a happy tune, she cheerfully walked her way to the hospital, excited to see how her Kai was doing.

When she entered the room, she surprisingly saw Luhan who looked extremely worried. She lively greeted her with a cheeky smile, yet the male continued looking nervous as he greeted her back.

“Are you okay, Luhan?” She innocently blinked at him.

Luhan responded in just about 0.01 sec and nodded his head furiously. “O-of course, I am.” He nervously chuckled. “Why wouldn’t I be…?” He scratched the back of his neck and chuckled all the way.

Yoonhye shrugged, ignoring the male’s uneasiness. She easily placed the basket of fruits on the table beside Kai’s bed. “So… how is Kai doing?” She asked with a friendly concern smile.

Luhan gave her a stiff smile, but the girl didn’t seem to notice because she was staring at Kai’s peaceful face. “He…He’s good!” Luhan exclaimed with a shaky voice.

Yoonhye kept a careful eye at the jumpy boy. “Are you sure everything’s alright, Luhan? You’ve been anxious since I arrived…” She narrowed her eyes at Luhan who tried to keep calm behind his nervous figure.

Luhan, finally, was able to calmly answer her by normally nodding his head once. “Kai is fine… very fine, to be exact.” He managed to say. He hid his entangled fingers behind his back.

Yoonhye doubtfully nodded along. “Okay then…” She wanted to interrogate Luhan more. Like, did the doctor checked up on Kai already? Was Kai really feeling good? When do they know when Kai will fully recover?

She wanted to ask thousands of questions more concerning Kai, but she suddenly noticed the time. And she didn’t have much time left for that.

Luhan handsomely smiled, which could melt any girls’ heart at the moment. But Yoonhye wouldn’t be moved by that single smile of his, of course. Yoonhye just returned his friendly smile and caressed Kai’s cheek once. “I’m glad he’s doing fine.” She said in a small happy voice.

“I have to go now. I’ll be visiting later again, Luhan. See you!” She cheerfully bade her goodbye and skipped towards the door. “Take care of Jongin well! And make sure he eats the fruits once he wakes up! You can eat some too, Luhan.” She giggled lightly.

Luhan wildly waved his hands with the same energy as hers. “Sure! Bye! Bring the guys later~” He grinned.

“Neh~” Yoonhye replied from a far, and she finally stepped out of the room.

As soon as the door closed, Luhan gloomily dropped his hands to his side and deeply frowned. His forehead creased as he worriedly stared at his cousin’s sleeping face. Luhan closed his eyes and sent God his silent prayer.

After sending God his love prayer, he stared blankly at his sleeping cousin. A few minutes passed like that. Luhan continued staring at his cousin like a retarded creep, but he could care less.

Suddenly, his whole body jumped back in pure surprise.

His hands uncontrollably shook beside him.

His tears were threatening to fall slowly from his doe eyes.

His heart almost stopped beating at what he saw next.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

His cousin, Kai, opened his two eyes wide.

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan hadn’t been dreaming, all along.

* * *

“I can’t find a reason why they’re acting that way…” Yoonhye sighed as she told Sehun about the EXO boys’ odd behaviour towards her. Sehun just lifelessly shrugged. It was as if he was a living corpse too, and Yoonhye couldn’t just help but notice that.

She tilted her head to the side in confusion. “What is with this day? What’s wrong with you people?” She asked Sehun, but it was as if she was asking the wind.

 It was already their lunch break, but the boys ran away from her as if she carried some lethal, infectious disease. Sehun still stood by her side, of course. But Yoonhye couldn’t help but think that they were hiding something from her.

The other boys were avoiding her, it was obvious. Whenever she approaches them, they’ll always find a lame excuses to just stay away from her. Yoonhye felt out of place for feeling that they know something she doesn’t.

She cutely pouted to Sehun. “Sehunnie~ what are you guys hiding from me?” Sehun got caught off guard for a second but maintained his posture. He kept his straight face on and replied innocently, “What are you talking about…? We’re not hiding anything from you…” He easily said without any stutter.

Yoonhye narrowed her eyes, ready to bombard her best friend with curious questions. Sehun inwardly hoped someone would come out of nowhere and save him. *Superman...? Captain America...? Ironman...? Thor...? Loki...? Somebody, save me please...*

Fortunately, the bell rang. Sehun didn’t think twice and doubled his walking pace. “Oh, look! The bell rang!” He looked back at his friend and signalled her to walk faster. “Hurry, I don’t want to be late for the next class…” He nagged and lectured to her about a person moving slow can help him age fast.

Yoonhye rolled her eyes, but complied anyway. She wordlessly followed her ‘walking’ friend, and found it hard to keep up with his pace so she slowed down a bit.

“I never saw you this excited to attend class, Sehun-ah…” She grumbled as she panted from the intense walking session.

That day was surely a weird day.

 

 

 

* * *

Classes ended and Yoonhye, just like every day, was looking forward to see Kai at the hospital. But unlike those every day, Baekhyun and Suho were missing.

When Yoonhye asked about them, D.O simply answered that the two will be attending some club meetings. Since Suho was the president of the student council and Baekhyun was the vice-president of the Art Club.

Yoonhye nodded in understanding and together with Sehun, Chanyeol and D.O, she quietly waited for the car that will drive them to the hospital.

As the car arrived and they were about to get in, Chanyeol paused. “Oh, shocks! I forgot to tell you guys that I can’t go with you today. My sister made me clean the snow off our yard and run some errands because my mother is sick…” Chanyeol pouted. “I’m lucky to have lazy sister …” He sarcastically said as he playfully sniffed a tear.

D.O raised an eyebrow in amusement. *Clean the yard…? What a ridiculous excuse, Park Chanyeol…* He wanted to laugh out loud but he didn’t want to be the weird one there. “It’s not hard to find where you got your laziness from, then.” D.O jokingly commented instead.

Chanyeol pouted even more and glared at the smaller male who didn’t even flinch back and easily got in the car.

When the three were inside the car, D.O rolled down his window. “Are you sure you don’t want to ride along?” He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter