Her Regrets

My 100 Days Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Go Yoonhye regularly visited the hospital every single day. The EXO-M boys were back in Korea, but refused to attend classes so they just take turns looking out for Kai, hoping he’ll recover fast. But every time Yoonhye visits, they would always leave her alone.

Just like any other days, Yoonhye sat beside Kai. Gathering up all her courage, she grabbed his hand and slightly squeezed it. “Yah, you better wake up now. You’ve been sleeping for a long time already…” She softly said, playfully glaring at the unconscious man.

“I miss you.” She whispered and sighed. “Jongin, you don’t know how much worry I feel for you right now so please, wake up. I still have a lot of things to tell you.” Yoonhye sighed again, not even feeling stupid for like talking to herself.

A smile crept across her face as she asked, “Can I share you a story?” Of course, nobody answered her and she took the silence as a ‘yes’.

“Once upon a time, there was a girl whose very naïve, she believed that everything was just like a fairy tale. She always loved badass boys because she thought it was really cool. However, she dated this one particular bad boy and got played. She really did like him a lot, so to be her. Since then, she started hating bad boys.” She chuckled.

“When that bad boy prince asked her to get back together again, there was something inside her telling her to just trust him, and she dumbly followed that instinct. She remained cold towards him because she’s afraid history will repeat itself… Every time he says those three sweet words, she’ll never take it seriously and simply ignore it.” She whispered and paused for a while, “But suddenly, he showed his sincere love by sacrificing himself for her… That’s the time when she thought she should have said those three words to him back. Isn’t that romantic?” She bitterly smiled.

She let her fingers play his silky hair. “Did you know that the romantic bad boy is you, Jongin, and I don’t want to end our story in tragic. So please wake up, I still have a lot to tell you.”

“You should know how much I appreciate those corny jokes just to make me laugh. You should know how much thankful am I to your never ending wonderful gifts.” She giggled, “You really didn’t have to get me that much… You did a lot for me, yet I did almost nothing for you. You make me so guilty, Jongin-ah.” She playfully hit his arm.

Kai remained perfectly still. Yoonhye deeply frowned, “You should know how much hurt I am when you’re here, lying down and saying nothing. Just sleeping peacefully…” She felt her eyes moistened with tears again.

“You don’t know how much regret I feel. For not being able to show you how much I appreciate you, for not being able to cheer you up, for not being able to boldly talk with you.” She wiped her flowing tears away.

Yoonhye hiccupped a little. “And most importantly, I regret for not being able to tell you that ‘I love you’.” She sadly smiled. “, that I am truly deeply madly in love with you, Jongin.” She finished with a soft smile. “Now, please wake up and allow me to tell these to you so I won’t die guilty.” She chuckled slightly.

“Even if you won’t love me back, it’s okay. I’ll understand.” She smiled and rested her head on the bed railing. "I love you." She whispered. With one last soft smile, she drifted off to dreamland.

Without her seeing, a small smile played on Kai’s lips. It was as if he just dreamt a good dream.

 

 

 

 

 

 

* * *

When they were both asleep, a hand landed on her head.

“I guess we can do nothing now?”

“Yeah, their love is unbreakable… what else can we do? Besides, that boy really loves our daughter. He even sacrificed himself for her.” Yoonhye’s father sweetly smiled. “And I’m greatly thankful for that.” He firmly added.

Yoonhye’s mother nodded in agreement. Of course, she wouldn’t like seeing her daughter on the hospital bed.

Yoonhye’s parents secretly came back to Korea after hearing the news of Kai being in a hospital. They also heard he was shot because he caught the bullet for someone. And even though they were not sure who the boy saved, something was telling them that it’s their daughter he saved.

And according to her friends, indeed, it is.

Yoonhye’s mother combed her daughter’s hair with her fingers. “Our daughter’s all grown up now…” She giggled a sweet laughter, causing her daughter to stir in her sleep.

Yoonhye suddenly woke up, feeling a hand over her head. She narrowed her eyes to the person, adjusting with the sudden brightness of the room. “M-mom…?” She croaked, not knowing if she was dreaming or not.

“Yes, dear?” Her mother gave her an angelic smile. Yoonhye stuttered. “A-are you real…?” She just had to ask that, she doesn’t want ghosts in front of her, who would?

Her father brightly chuckled in amusement. He ruffled his curious daughter’s head. “We’re real, Yoonhye-ah.”

Her parents giggled when their daughter abruptly stood up and hugged them both. “When did the two of you come back? I miss you, guys!”

The parents hugged their daughter back. “A while ago, and we just came to visit your… friend.” Her father answered.

Yoonhye pulled away and smiled at them. “That’s really sweet of y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter