The Trying Yoonhye

My 100 Days Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Kai clicked his tongue as he saw Yoonhye quietly following his friends around. “Tch. Hyung, don’t you think that girl is too much?” He stopped his tracks and glared at Yoonhye who wanted to cry that moment, but she forced herself not to. *Be strong… you’re strong.* She mentally cheered for herself.

“Is she our sasaeng? How come I never saw her face before?” Kai carelessly spoke out those words. Yoonhye with trembling lips, courageously said, “I’m Go Yoonhye… Yoon-Yoon.” She whispered her famous nickname, hoping it was loud enough for him to hear and clear enough for him to remember.

Kai raised an eyebrow. “So…?”                              

Yoonhye looked at her feet and whispered, “I’m your girl-…” D.O interrupted before she could finish her sentence, “She’s your girlfriend, Kai.” He sternly added. His eyes were undefined, emotions could not be drawn.

Kai shortly sighed. “I’m sorry, but I can’t recall dating a girl named Go Yoonhye. Whatever happened between the two of us… forget those. Thank you.” He harshly finished and walked away.

Suho bowed a little to excuse himself and ran after Kai. The rest looked at each other, shrugged, gave Yoonhye an apologetic glance, and followed Kai.

Yoonhye was left, totally shocked by the situation. The first bell rang. With a heavy heart, her feet took her to where they wanted to go, hoping every single thing that was happening to her right then was just a piece of nightmare.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

* * *

“Hyung… what was that?” Chanyeol fearfully asked. “What’s happening to Kai?” He asked with wide panicked eyes.

Baekhyun, Chanyeol and D.O dragged Suho to a deserted place. All three of them were curious what on earth was happening to their Kai.

Suho let out a sad sigh. “One thing Kris and I forgot to tell you guys is this. The doctor told us that there would be a possibility Kai would experience this. And sadly… it happened.” He gloomily frowned.

“What should we do then…?” Baekhyun asked as he nervously played with the hem of his shirt. Suho shrugged, “Give some time for Kai to heal…” He hopelessly whispered.

Just then, a voice came behind, “Why…?” It croaked, wanting to burst into tears. The boys jumped back a little in surprise. Why was she suddenly popping out like a ghost?

“Wh-what are you doing here, Yoonhye-ah? Shouldn’t you be in class?” Baekhyun asked with a shaky voice. Yoonhye coldly shrugged. “I can ask you guys the same…”

“How… long were you there?” D.O hoped it would go with his liking, but unfortunate for him, she replied, “Long enough to hear your conversation, I’m sorry I just happened to hear everything. I didn’t mean to eavesdrop.” She lifelessly shrugged. Then, she looked at the boys’ eyes one by one. “Why?” She repeated her earlier question; she really wanted to know what made Kai forget her.

There was a short pause for a while until Suho started explaining in details. “Kai…” He didn’t know how to start and pondered deeply on his words. “According to his doctor, our Kai hit his head quite hard when he fell down. Did he fall that hard, Yoonhye?” He asked Yoonhye who wanted to cry when she clearly remembered the moment Kai fell in front of her face. Based from her recall, Kai’s impact with the ground was pretty hard.

Suho took her silence as the dreadful answer and continued. “His memory loss is temporary, that’s a one good thing. Sadly, the one his memories contains the most is with you. Probably, that’s one reason why you were the one he forgot…” He ended it with an ugly frown.

Suho went closer to her and placed a comforting hand over her shoulder. “Don’t worry, Yoonhye. He’ll remember you soon because we know that he loves you that much.” He soothingly said.

D.O sadly smiled at her. “I think we just need to give him some time, some space. Let him adjust for a short while, and-“ D.O didn’t know why did he say that, and he hated himself for saying that.

“No. Please don’t stop me to let him remember me…” Yoonhye whispered, but loud enough for the boys to hear. “Please help me…” She helplessly pleaded.

Their relationship didn’t have much time left. One week and two days was the exact countdown for their relationship.

Yoonhye held onto Suho’s sleeve. “Please… I’m begging you. Help me make him remember me.” Her voice was terribly shaking as she begged her request. She sincerely looked at each member’s eyes, and they couldn’t help but softened while staring at those weak eyes.

There was a moment of silence, nobody talked but stared at each other’s eyes. Finally, Baekhyun spoke up. “S-sure.” All eyes landed on him. “Sure, we’ll help you. We’ll try our best to make him remember you.” He smiled an encouraging smile. “Time will come, Yoonhye-ah. He’ll remember you…” Suho hopefully added.

Yoonhye bowed a perfect ninety-degree bow repeatedly. “Thank you very, very much.” Chanyeol stopped her from bowing too much. “Don’t thank us. We’re just doing what friends are supposed to do.” He widely smiled.

With tears in her eyes, she looked at the boys one by one.

She felt blessed to be friends with these kind of people.

 

 

* * *

 

 

 

 

It was the Day 3 of their attempt, yet their results were leading to no good. It only annoyed Kai even more.

Right then, they were sitting together in the cafeteria. Yoonhye, Sehun and D.O were patiently waiting for the others who were getting their lunches. Just then, a loud happy whoop from Chanyeol was heard.

He placed his cheerfully placed his tray on the table. Not long after Chanyeol arrived, Baekhyun, Suho, and Kai came.

Kai smiled as Baekhyun shared him a funny story. His laughter was soft and soothing, contagious enough for them to smile a little. When Kai placed his tray, he scanned the table and noticed Sehun. He greeted him warmly. “Hi, Sehun.” Sehun gave him an eye-smile and warmly greeted him back.

Kai noticed the small figure hiding behind Sehun and curiously asked who it was. “Your girlfriend?” He playfully asked and chuckled the same way he did earlier.

Sehun looked at his back and saw Yoonhye hiding her face. He gently pushed it sideward so Kai would be able

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter