Stupid

My 100 Days Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Distance.

For the past three days, Kai was maintaining that with Yoonhye.

Every time Yoonhye would do an effort to go near the cold Kai, the male would just ignore her. But instead of an icy stare, Kai showed more of a sad stare.

It annoyed everybody because, of course, Kai was being shallow.

Everyone would be like, “Come on, bro, it’s just a photo… no big deal~ it wasn’t that intimate… Have some trust on Yoonhye!”

But Kai would just reply a short “whatever” or “go away”.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

One day, Kai was staying somewhere where no students usually go.

Kai looked down to the thing lying in his hand. It was the necklace he gave Yoonhye, the thing he also considered his heart years ago.

With a small sigh, he put in back in his pocket. Will he really end these one hundred days of lies? He knew himself that sometime around in the middle of the game, he’ll get hurt. But he didn’t know he’ll get hurt this soon.

He gingerly took out his phone and stared at the screen.

The picture of him and Yoonhye together in a ski resort was revealed. Yes, he had the same wallpaper since four years ago. He never changed his wallpaper. He never looked at other girls but her. He never cared about the other girls but Yoonhye.

Yet, she broke his heart.

But he broke her heart first.

Fair enough?

 

 

 

Back at the classroom, Yoonhye sat next to Kai.

“Jongin…” she started. Kai looked at her with blank eyes. He saw behind her were his friends with hopeful eyes. “… I’m sorry.” She said. Those words were short but it held nothing but sincerity. For the past three days, she had been trying to tell him the truth, but he never listens. So this time, she did an apology, hoping it would work this time.

Kai just continued staring at her with those same eyes, took his bag and walked out the classroom. He wanted to clear things with her, wanted to make things right, wanted to live a normal life with her, but why did he walked away?

Because he was being stupid, that’s why.

As she saw Kai walked away the room, Yoonhye gave out a defeated sigh. “Another failure…” she muttered under her breath. EXO immediately went to her side to comfort, but the one that comforted her most was her best friend, Sehun.

Sehun comfortingly patted her back. “It’s okay, Yoonhye. He’ll understand soon.”

She just gave them a weak smile. Every boy in EXO was trying to make her smile, but she looked really sad.

Sehun silently watched her reaction. *I’ll back out for now… I know she likes him too. She just doesn’t want to admit it… yet.* He sadly thought.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Oppa!” A voice called out for him. It’s the squeaky voice that he vaguely remembers. That voice echoed the empty hall.

Kai swiftly shoved his phone in his pocket and coolly looked up. He raised a brow.

It was Sunyeon.

Sunyeon was now standing in front of him. “Oppa.” She repeated with a more squeaky annoying voice, but Kai didn’t mind at all.

He allowed her to sit beside her even if he hated that fact very much. Why? Because, again, he was being dumb.

The silence between them was thicker than the ground below. They sat there quietly for a whole minute until Sunyeon broke it.

“Oppa… you’ve been cheated. I’m sorry.” She quietly spoke up.

Kai curiously looked at her, silently mentioning her to continue.

“I was right. That girl is nothing compared to me. Unlike her, I won’t cheat on you. I’ll treasure you with all my heart. I’ll be forever loyal to you. Why won’t you just come back to me?” she poured out her inside feelings without realizing.

Kai just watched her with blank eyes. He hated it when someone bad mouths his Yoonhye.

She gave a small sigh. “I understand you still like her. But please, give me one mo-“

 

“KAI!” D.O’s voice called out from nowhere. He jogged to the two of them and stared at their faces.

D.O narrowed his big eyes on the girl and felt a tenseful atmosphere. *Wait… isn’t this the girl that was about to hit Yoonhye before…? Probably, she’s the one behind this. Anyway, I don’t like the feeling in here. Is she confessing or what? Good thing, I came in time.* he praised himself inside.

Sunyeon immediately stood up and bowed deeply at D.O. If there is someone she wanted to impress next to Kai’s parents, then it’s Do Kyungsoo because out of all his friends, D.O seem the most hard to open up.

But D.O already prefers someone for Kai.

D.O gave the girl a small nod in acknowledgement and asked for some privacy.

When the girl left, D.O can still feel some presence behind so he asked the other male to follow him.

Kai silently followed D.O insi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter