Over

My 100 Days Girlfriend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoonhye purposely woke up late so that she could go to class later than usual. It was a Monday, and it was the 99th day.

For the past week, they did everything they could to make Kai remember Yoonhye, but in the end, there were no satisfying results.

They roleplayed as Kai and Yoonhye, yet Kai ignored them and continued telling them they’re turning gays.

They displayed all the things that remind him of her, yet he throws them away.

They showed him pictures, yet he still couldn’t remember and would tell them to forget everything.

It is a sad fact to hear, but it seems like Kai don’t have any plans on remembering her. He’s not even interested with his previous relationship. Why do they keep on hoping when their light of hope is close to fading out?

She has a purpose why she went late to school, of course.

 

 

 

 

Yoonhye blew a hair off her face and whispered herself a good luck. Silently sneaking in class, she bent down, hoping the teacher won’t see her. At the same time, she hoped that Kai would gain his memory from that action. She kept a cautious eye as she swiftly transfered behind one seat to another.

As if it’s déjà vu, Kai amusingly raised an eyebrow as he watched her expertly sneaks in class. But still, he didn’t even bother to think and boldly called the teacher’s attention.

All eyes turned to him in curiosity. Yoonhye closed her eyes as she tightly gripped on her bag’s straps. She succeeded climbing up the school gates. Second, she succeeded avoiding any school officials.

The last step was this. Sneaking in the classroom.

Yoonhye fidgeted when the teacher turned to his class. “Yes, Jongin-sshi?” He asked with a bored tone. Yoonhye tried to camouflage herself behind her classmate’s chair, and her heart could have jump out of her chest.

She placed a finger over her lips and looked around, telling her classmates to ignore her. They knew Yoonhye would do such thing, but the last time she sneaked in class was years ago. Will she finally get caught now?

Kai had a debate in his mind. To tell or to not tell. Without thinking any further, he pointed behind one of his classmate’s chair. “Go Yoon-Yoon is sneaking in class, and I don’t think it’s acceptable…” Kai sternly told the teacher.

Students started calling Yoonhye Yoon-Yoon as if it was her birth name. But she didn’t really care though; she just hoped that it’ll help Kai remember her.

The teacher raised an eyebrow and took small steps towards the said classmate. He scoffed when he saw a small figure hiding her face behind her black backpack. He smirked in amusement. “Ms Go Yoonhye. Detention after class!” He shrieked that the whole class almost felt a 1.0 earthquake.

Yoonhye carefully stood up, gave the teacher one long polite bow, and heavily sighed. As she sat on her seat, which was next to Sehun, she gave Kai her signature glare.

Kai’s lips lazily formed a smirk, not even wondering why that glare looked way too familiar.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Grumpily, Yoonhye mopped the floors after class. Unfortunately for her, she was the only one in detention and all the work will be done by her. She hated the fact that it was Kai who led her to that punishment. The Kai who never wanted her in trouble… well, that was before.

With a long sigh, she sat on the ground and pondered deeply. *Should I just give up?* She hopelessly thought. When that thought came to her mind, she involuntarily hit herself with her palm.

“No… you can’t. If until tomorrow, there are no good results... then I guess it’s bye-bye…” She muttered to herself. Just then, someone behind her cleared its throat.

Yoonhye looked up, and saw the person she expected the least. Her eyes brightly sparkled at the sight of him.

With a small scowl printed on his face, Kai took some cleaning materials and dismissively waved a hand. “Don’t thank me too much. I’m doing this because hyungs told me to do so.” He coldly said.

It was partly true, but one thing left untold is that Kai was greatly bothered by the fact he got her in that mess. He felt guilty for some reason and he wanted to save her, though it’s too late.

Yoonhye watched Kai as he dusted the blackboard eraser.

“Are you gonna stare at me the whole time? You do know it's mean to stare like that, right?” He asked, his back facing her. Surprised, she looked away and awkwardly cleared . Suddenly, Kai erupted lava of continuous amused giggles.

Curiously wondering why he was laughing, Yoonhye looked at him as he sincerely smiles and laughs. It was enough for her to feel good.

The two of them cleaned the classroom together. The silence between them was not as heavy as it had been for the past days. In fact, it was a comfortable silence where the both of them silently enjoyed each other’s company. It was a comfortable silence where the both of them felt lighter and brighter with just each other’s company. It was a comfortable silence, simply comfortable for the both of them.

 

 

 

The both of them went to the small café near their school after they finished cleaning classrooms.

Kai raised a hand to call a waitress to list their orders. When the waitress stood in front of them, Yoonhye spoke up. “Two hot chocolates, please. Thank you.”

The waitress bowed, looked at Kai. “Can I order you, too?” Kai charmingly winked at the waitress who blushed madly. She quickly bowed on last time and walked away.

Kai chuckled and muttered, “Women are so easy…” Yoonhye glared at him, “I don’t think it’s funny… you can’t toy people’s feelings, Kai.” *Even mine…* Kai just shrugged and gave her a careless grin.

Kai cleared his throat. “Anyway, how did you know I like hot chocolates?” Yoonhye shrugged. “Because you told me before…” Kai narrowed his eyes. “You really know me… how come I really can’t remember you?”

Yoonhye’s eyes flashed hurt for a second, but she just smiled. “I guess there’s a reason for that right? I hope you remember me soon…” She stiffly grinned. Kai nodded in agreement.

Their hot chocolates arrived. The both of them drank happily and quietly.

“How close are we before…?” Kai suddenly asked. Yoonhye blinked. “We were in a relationship. Well, a fake relationship.”

Kai looked up in curiosity. “Fake? Why fake?”

Yoonhye sighed. “You asked me to play a game. And you won, so we had to be in a 100 days relationship. Today’s the 99th day…” She told him. Kai smiled. “I must have really liked you back then…”

Yoonhye only shrugged.

Kai smirked as he took another sip on his hot chocolate. “You interest me, Yoon-Yoon…” Yoonhye flinched. The way he said Yoon-Yoon was somehow different, and she didn’t know why.

“My name’s Yoonhye. Not Yoon-Yoon.” She sternly replied.

Kai shrugged and stood up. “Yoon-Yoon sounds a lot cuter, and somehow I like it.” After a wink, he left her, leaving her coldly holding her hot chocolate.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

* * *

Yoonhye didn’t go late for school this time. In fact, she was even earlier than some of the school officials.

Going to school early, too, had a purpose.

She gave all the blessings to a small teddy bear, hoping that will trigger some of Kai’s memories. It was a small teddy bear Kai won on a crane machine for her.

She gingerly placed it on top of Kai’s desk and sweetly patted on it. “Fighting…” She whispered and went back to her seat.

 

 

 

 

Few hours later, Kai entered the class together with Baekhyun and D.O. Sehun was already there, lively chatting with Yoonhye. “What’s this?” Kai asked as he took the bear and poked it multiple times.

“A teddy bear.” D.O replied monotonously. Baekhyun shrugged, “That’s Yoonhye’s… from my memory, you gave that to her.”

Kai bit his tongue. “So why is she giving it back to me?” Baekhyun and D.O could only smile and shrug, but deep inside, they wanted to hit their stupid friend. *Of course, she wants you to remember her, pabo…*

Yoonhye caught Baekhyun’s and D.O’s eyes. She mouthed them a ‘help-me-please’, and they knew what she meant.

They knew that it was the day they were dreading to come. It was Kai and Yoonhye’s final day, the 100th day. And they knew they had to make everything to regain his memories… faster before everything’s too late.

Baekhyun quickly texted Chanyeol and Suho about it.

The teacher came and taught the same way he did, boring. And the students couldn’t wait for lunch to come, but Yoonhye hoped time could stop and they’ll be forever studying than ending her relationship with Kai.

 

 

 

 

 

“Say ah…” Yoonhye wrapped a roll and placed it ov

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter