The Kwons' Identity

Luck And You

“Talk.” The fine-looking man ordered as a guy, maybe one of the men in black who abducted her, removed the tape on .

“Lee Jiae.” Jaeun gritted her teeth as she glared at Lee Jiae.

It was, of course, L’s ex-girlfriend and the daughter of the owner of her previous job that would set her up in this kind of situation. Why did she not think about this possibility?

At first, Jaeun thought of why didn’t this lady mess with her at school when everyone knew that L is courting her? But hell, she was in for more. What made Jaeun even think that Jiae would let that go easily?

Crap.

Jiae walked closer to Jaeun with a wicked smile on her face. “Long time, no see, Kwon Jaeun.” She greeted her. She cocked her head and widened her grin. “I miss you. Do you miss me?” She asked.

Jaeun continued to glare at her. Damn, if she wasn’t tied up, she would beat the crap out of this woman! Such a girl version of Lucifer!

“I guess, you did. You couldn’t even take your eyes off me.” Jiae mocked.

“Why?” Jaeun asked. She wanted to know why Jiae had to act to this point. She could’ve just hit her or embarrassed her in the whole student body. But this? Kidnapping her and tying her up in a chair? Damn. This is just plain evil!

Jiae pretended to think about it and placed her gaze on Jaeun. “You don’t know?” She asked. “You took L away from me.” She replied with obvious despise and anger.

Jaeun scoffed. “I didn’t take him away from you!” She replied, then she smirked. “Now I get it.” She trailed, “Now I get why he left you. You’re a psycho! Lunatic!” She exasperated.

“STOP!” Jiae slapped Jaeun’s left cheek.

Jaeun smirked. “What? It hurts to hear the truth?” It sounded like a challenge. Of course Jaeun would not back down. Not at all.

She is not Death Note’s Karate Kid for nothing!

“YOU SEDUCED HIM!” Jiae hollered as she gave Jaeun another slap.

*Damn. She’s strong.* Jaeun thought as she felt her cheeks burning up because of the impact.

“You seduced him. You tempted him! You took him away from me!” Jiae is now in tears. Maybe it hurts. Of course it will. Every pain deserves to be felt. John Green penned that.

“No.” Jaeun replied. “I did not seduce him. I did not tempt him. I did not take him away from you.” She told her.

“You let him go away from you, Jiae. You made him drift away from you.”

Jiae was on her feet crying her heart out. All she wanted was to have L back. All she wanted was to be with L forever. All she wanted was to be happy with L.

But he left her.

And she promised him that he will never have someone else. She won’t let that happen.

At first she thought it was because she nagged him too much that he grew enough of her and decided to leave her. It was okay like that. She can change that. She was willing to show L that she will change for him.

But when she knew about L and Jaeun, she grew more furious than ever.

It wasn’t her. It wasn’t because she nagged him too much.

It was because of someone else. It was because L fell in love with someone else.

And that it Kwon Jaeun.

It took her time to be stand again. It took her time to be able to be herself again.

And thanks to this man who showed her another life. This man made her feel she’s really important. This man made her whole again.

It was Kim Jaejoong, the leader of the mafia group called DBSK.

She was scared at first knowing that he is from a mafia group – he was the leader for crying out loud. But she finds him as her escape to the cruel world. Her escape to the pain L caused her.

She loves this man, Jaejoong.

Who wouldn’t love the person who taught you to be stronger? Who wouldn’t love someone who accepted your brokenness and made you whole again?

Damn. She loves this man more than she loved L.

But her hatred didn’t die down. She loathes L and Jaeun for what they did to her. She hates them for breaking her whole being. She hates them for being happy when she was breaking inside.

And now she wants revenge.

She freaking wants to see one of them broken like she was.


“Don’t cry, Jiae. You know it’s breaking me more to see you cry.” Jaejoong comforted her and helped her stand up and led her out to chill her mind.

Jaeun watched the two and sensed something about them. There was spark. Like what she and L has. There was love.

But she didn’t want to probe more. She didn’t want to dig deeper. It’s just not right for the situation.

“Why did you abduct me?” Jaeun asked Jaejoong as he walked back to her.

Jaejoong walked closer to her. “Why did we abduct you?” He scoffed. “Well, one, Jiae hated you and Kim Myungsoo.” He told her. “And two, I hate your brother.”

Jaeun narrowed her eyes on him. She understands why Jiae hated her. But this man, why did he hate her brother?

Jaejoong smirked at her. “You see, we live in the mafia world. Me, Kim Jajeoong, being the leader of DongBangShinKi and your brother, being the leader of BigBang.”

“What are you talking about?”

“You don’t know?” Jaejoong asked. “You don’t know that your brother is one of the most hated and deadliest Mafia Lord?”

“What the hell do you mean?” Jaeun was mad. How could this guys something about her brother when all Jiyong was go to office from home and to home from the office?

Jaejoong took a deep breath. He pulled an empty stool and sat in front of Jaeun. “Your brother is the owner of one of the biggest businessed in Korea, right?” He asked and Jaeun listened. “Your brother’s company profits about 1 billion korean won every week. Where do you think do they come from?” He asked.

Jaeun stared at him. “So? They come from the business of course.” She replied.

Jaejoong laughed at her. “Partially.” He said. “Maybe about 10% comes from the real business.” He said. “90% of it comes from the deals and illegal biddings from the mafia world.”

Jaeun narrowed her eyes on him, still confused.

“In the Mafia World, we all the biggest business men unite to expand their business faster than the usual. But, no, Ms. Kwon, we don’t do that overnight.” Jaejoong trailed. “It was a tradition that is passed from one generation to the other. And that’s how your brother became one of the richest man in Seoul today. Or maybe Asia.”

Jaeun narrowed her eyes. “So you mean, Jiyong oppa’s foster parents are…” She didn’t even continue her question.

Jaejoong smirked. “No, Ms. Kwon, it’s not his foster parents. It’s your parents.” He replied.

Jaeun’s eyes widened. “What?! No. It can’t be.” She shook her head vigorously. “H-how can that be? No it can’t be.”

Jaejoong watched her. She didn’t know anything. “Did you think your parents died because of an accident?” He asked. Jaeun looked at him. “Wrong. They died because other Mafia groups hated how your father is crowned as the most powerful mafia boss. Of course he’s powerful. But what can he do when everyone is against him?”

Jaeun narrowed her eyes on Jaejoong. She still didn’t believe him. It was an accident. There was no Mafia involved. No this isn’t happening.

“Do you know why Jiyong got adopted? Why your parents gave Jiyong away?” Jaejoong asked.

Jaeun stayed still. Too many information. But if this were true, she wants more.

“Your parents know that they need Jiyong to be safe because someday, he would take over the company and the reputation in the mafia world.” He started. “So, they had no choice but to give him away to someone very reliable and who knows the whole plan.” He continued.

Jaeun listened to him. What is he babbling about? Knows the entire plan? Who would? Someone trustworthy? What?

“Who would…” Jaeun asked confused of the whole situation.

“You see…” Jaejoong trailed. “The persons who stood as your brother’s foster parents are your uncle and aunt.”

Jaeun looked at him with wide eyes. This is pure shock.

Uncle and Aunt?

“Coincidentally, my foster father’s surname is also KWON. Then they got the name our parents gave me.” She remembered Jiyong telling her this during their first meeting. Now this made sense.

“Made sense?” Jaejoong asked. Jaeun looked at him. “Who are you? Why do you know all these stuffs?” She asked him.

Jaejoong smirked at her. “Who am I?” He repeated the question.

Jaeun narrowed her eyes on him. How could he know a lot of things about her life and her family? What is he? A spy?

“I, Kwon Jaeun,” He trailed. “…am Kwon Jiyong’s ex-best friend, Kim Jaejoong.” He smiled in a wicked way.

Jaeun sat there and looked at him, in awe of everything Jaejoong was saying. It was too much to process.

 

------

Shocking? I know. But this will end soon.

If you have time, you can check my new story!

The Casanova's Buddy [M]

This is starring Oh Sehun. It's a very short story. :)