Chapter 45

Spur Winter

 

 

 

                Luhan steps forward slowly while he paled. ‘No, no. Please god.’ his breath becomes unstable it’s like he’s at the verge of breaking down. Suho notices a movement beside him and he instinctively turns his head to the side, and his eyes widen. “Luhan!” All of his friends turn their heads and stare at Luhan in surprised.  Luhan turns his head to his friends with eyes full of pain.

`               “Luhan, oh my god. You have to move fast, go!” Suho’s voice is shaky as he yells and he points his index finger towards Luhan’s back. Luhan turns his head abruptly so he can see at the same direction. Suho is pointing at someone inside the glass wall. Someone who’s walking further and further in a slow pace. You.

                Instinctively, Luhan runs as fast as he can along the glass wall. He can feel his eyes get watery but he doesn’t care about it anymore. What’s important for him at the moment is you. Only you. Luhan catches his breath as he finally stops and walks equally with you. Luhan stares at your side view and he just want to smash the glass wall at the moment and hug you. He wants to call you but it feels like his voice gets stuck somewhere in his throat.

                You’re walking near the glass walled with your gaze down while trying to hold your tears when you notice someone walking equally with you outside the glass wall. You lift your head and your eyes widen before your heart stops beating. You immediately stop walking and so does he. Luhan is staring at you with such a pain in his eyes and he smiles weakly at you.

                You feel like your legs are going to give up and tears streaming down your cheeks without you can hold it. Luhan tries to say something to you but you can’t hear it because it’s crowded and they’re being separated by the glass wall. “Luhan, I’m sorry I can’t hear it.” your voice is shaking and you try to speak as clear as you can. Luhan seems to get it and his eyes turns dull.

                Luhan slowly puts his hand on the glass wall, it’s like he’s trying to reach you and he’s really going to break it if he could. You step closer to the glass wall and slowly put your hands on the same place as his hand, wishing you could really touch him, for the last time..  Luhan tries to speak again, this time you can see his lips movement and your heart aches. “Can’t you stay?”

                You bite your lips hard and  slowly shake your head. “I’m sorry, I can’t.” Your voice comes out hoarse but you try to spell it as clear as you can.  You stare at Luhan’s eyes as he stares back at you, and your tears coming out harder. Your vision gets blurry because of the tears and you try to blink away of it. The announcement about the passenger of your flight to get in the plane soon, can be heard again and Luhan lets out a desperate sigh. Tears are forming in his eyes and he doesn’t care anymore. He doesn’t care that some people around stare at both you and him confusedly, but he doesn’t care. They don’t know what he’s feeling at the moment.

                “Luhan, I have to go.” it hurts you so much to say those words but you must face the truth. It’s your choice after all, and you must be responsible of it. A Single tear slips out from Luhan’s eyes before he smiles at you sadly. He realizes it was really pathetic to ask you to stay, but he wished you would say yes.

                With a hurtful expression Luhan lifts his head and you know he’s going to say something. He takes a deep breath before he says it. “Hyerim, I’m really sorry..” your heart breaks and you try so hard to prevent your sobs. You nod abruptly, not daring to say a single word, afraid that you’ll break down. “I love you so much.” Your eyes widen before your tears just coming out even harder. You stare at him in disbelief.  You’re sure you’re not hallucinating. You’ve been waiting for so long to hear Luhan to say those words. You can’t believe he just said it to you. He just said those words to you, not for you when he thought you were Hyura. You stare at Luhan’s eyes as he stares back at you deeply.  You silently wish you can hear it clearly. You wish someday you’ll hear it clearly.

Luhan stares at you painfully before he smiles weakly at you. It’s the pure smile of him. The smile that you missed so much. The smile that you wished you could see before you go, and it’s granted now. “I love you too, Luhan.” you manage to smile despite the tears all over your face. Luhan smiles as he can see your lips movement. He really wishes he can remove the tears off of your face with his hands. He really wishes to hug you tightly right now, and not letting you go. He really wishes to kiss you, to pour every single unspoken feelings of him to you.

But he can’t. And it hurts. ‘Maybe I deserve this.’ Luhan smiles pitifully before he stares at you deeply again.

You know you must go really really soon and you bite your lips as you slowly step backwards. Each steps you take, cuts your heart and not a single second you stop staring at his eyes.

Luhan watches you step backwards with a hurtful expression. As you turn your back it feels like he got hit in his heart and he tries so hard to prevent the urge to run to you.

After you turn your back, your tears are still running down really hard and you prevent the urge to turn your body towards Luhan again, because you know when you do, you will not be able to leave him. You can’t see his face in full of pain anymore. You take a last deep breath and you pray the it’s not a wrong decision that you’re doing.

I’m sorry Luhan, I’m really sorry.

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

and the story ends

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

i'm just kidding lol um there's one more chap :3