Chapter 41

Spur Winter

 

 

                Suho isn’t paying attention at all at his friends who are joking around. They all gather at his house and they’re all sitting in the tv room. Luhan isn’t there with them because, He notices that Luhan rarely play with them lately and he’s always with Hyura. The girl is the one making him become distance with his friends, and he hates her so much because of that. No, he hates her for so many reasons. He also notices that Luhan never pays attention on Hyura when he’s with her. It’s like there’s something bothering him because he always looks like he’s thinking hard on something.

                Suho always try his best to spend his times with you ever since he knows about your flight to Paris. He notices that you will always laugh at his jokes, always smiling. But still, he can see the hurt in your eyes. He’s been desperately finding ways to erase it from your eyes. To at least bringing you happiness before you leave. He tries to find ways to make Luhan realize, without telling him straightly.

                As he’s thinking hard, he feels a shake on his shoulder and it interrupts his deep thought. “Suho, you okay?” Kris who’s been sitting beside him, asks with a worried gaze. Only now that he realizes all of his friends stare at him worriedly in silence. “Yes, I just..” Suho realizes that all of his friends still don’t know that you will leave. You told him not to tell them, but now he feels like he’s going to break the promise. ‘I must at least tell them even if it’s too late.

                All of them watch Suho confusedly. “You guys need to know something.” from Suho’s expression they know that the something isn’t good. They’re waiting for Suho to continue, in silent. With a deep sigh, Suho continues. “Hyerim will go to Paris to study. She won’t be in Seoul in anymore.” all of them gasp at his words, unable to believe it. Suho watches how their eyes widen in shock.

                “What?...” the word slips out from Chanyeol’s lips, as he’s staring at Suho in shock. Sadly, Suho can’t do anything to calm them down, when he himself can’t calm down inside. They all try to find the joke in Suho’s face but no, it’s not a joke. Sehun shakes his head abruptly, he can’t believe it. “Please tell me you are kidding.” everyone can see that Sehun is the one who is denying it the most. Suho gives him a sad gaze, and Sehun paled.

                “No, no, no. This can’t be happening!!” Sehun says it more to himself as he holds his head and shaking it abruptly. Suho feels sad as he stares at Sehun. He gets up from his seat and takes a sit beside Sehun before he pats his back while Sehun is still unable to lift his head. “Why must everything turns like this when it’s going to be alright soon?!” Sehun chokes. Suho and the others stare at Sehun confusedly.

                “What do you mean by everything is gonna be alright soon?” Suho asks him softly. Sehun’s mind is running wildly. He lifts his head and Suho is a bit surprised that he can see Sehun’s eyes become watery. “Hyung, Luhan hyung told me that he likes Hyerim!” Suho’s eyes widen and so do the others’. Sehun can see the doubt in Suho’s eyes and he tries to convince him. “Yes, hyung. He likes her!”

                “He said he wants me to help him forgetting his feeling towards Hyerim but I said he cant do that. And I was about to tell him everything about the truth when the appeared!” Sehun yells in frustration as he’s explaining to everyone. Sehun has been trying to tell Luhan about everything, but Hyura will always be around him.  Suho stares at Sehun in surprise, before he can feel that there’s a hope. Yes, there’s a hope. “Hyung, we must think of something to do. Please, help me.” Sehun stares at Suho pleadingly, he feels like he’s at the verge of breaking down.

                “Of course we’ll do something. But I’m afraid we can’t discuss it anymore, we don’t have time.” Suho’s face fell as realization hits him hard. He must tell Myungsoo about this right now. The others stare at Suho confusedly. “We don’t have time?” Xiumin asks Suho in horror. Suho stare at his friends sadly before a desperate sigh comes out from his lips. “Hyerim is leaving tomorrow.”

 

 

**

               

 

            Time flies so fast and your heart breaks whenever you think about it. Everything has been settled up, you have packed all of your things and you have taken care of your resignation letters from the college. Today was your last day in college and you didn’t even see a glimpse of Luhan. It’s so rare to see Luhan, maybe because you yourself keep avoiding him. But you can’t deny you really want to at least say goodbye to him. You want to talk with him like how it used to be.

            You want to say sorry for always hurting him. You’re tired of acting like this. Acting like you don’t care when you care for him the most. Your heart breaks knowing that Luhan will never reply your feelings. It hurts that he will never know the truth.

         With a shaky breath you slowly get up from your bed and walk towards a small table in the corner of your room. With a heavy feeling you grab the box filled with your photos of you and Luhan at Jeju. You slowly open it and take the photos out. A soft yet sad smile appears on your face as you’re remembering you’re the good time. Too bad that it will never happen again..

         You remember the feeling when you were in his arms. You remember how he hugged you from your back and put his chin on your shoulder. You remember when he kissed your lips, and your hand instinctively rubs your own lips. Your cheeks heat up before your lips curve into a sad smile. It hurts as you remember that he kissed you not because of yourself, but because you were Hyura for him. It hurts that you were be able to be happy only when you acted as another person.

         A shaky breath comes out from your lips as you stare at the photos for the last time, and without you know it, your vision becomes blurry and tears start falling down to you cheeks. Your lips trembling as you try to hold your sobs. With broken feelings, you put the photos back to the box and close it.