Chapter 18

Spur Winter

 

                You keep staring at the ground and you walk so fast. Your sadness takes over everything on your body that you’re not aware of anything. You bump into someone and you would fall down if the person doesn’t pull your hands. You lift your head and find that it’s Myungsoo.

                “M-Myungsoo..” you divert your eyes off of him. You’re embarrassed with everyone who saw your state yesterday at the club. “Are you okay?” Myungsoo asks you worriedly, he tried to find your eyes but you keep staring at the ground. You nod slowly at his question, and Myungsoo puts his hand on your chin then he lifts your head. You stare into his eyes.

                “I’m really sorry.. I shouldn’t just leave you there.” Myungsoo feels really guilty. Ever since the accident, he can’t stay calm. He keeps blaming himself for everything. “It’s okay… It’s not your fault. It’s my fault..,” you never blame Myungsoo for what happened. You blame yourself instead, for letting your own guard down.

                “No, what are you talking about. Of course it was never your fault.. It’s my fault. I should’ve protected you.” Myungsoo stares into your eyes sadly. He doesn’t understand why you’re blaming yourself when it’s fully his fault. “No, Myungsoo. You’ve warned me not to drink the strong alcohol, but.. I didn’t listen, so it’s my fault.” You try to stop him from blaming himself as you give him a sad smile.

                “It’s my friends’ fault.” Myungsoo growls and he feels angry again. “They feel guilty towards you until now, but it’s okay they deserve it anyway.” he continues and you shook your head. “No, I know they didn’t expect that everything would turn really ugly, if they knew about it I believe they wouldn’t give me the alcohol.. I know they just purely wanted me to taste it.” you look at Myungsoo’s eyes as you try to calm him down.

                “Please tell them to stop blaming themselves. Tell them I’m not angry towards them.” you continue and look at Myungsoo pleadingly. Myungsoo stares at you unbelievable. He doesn’t understand why you don’t blame himself or his friends, when she has the right to do it.

                “You’re unbelievable..” the words escape from Myungsoo’s lips just like that and you raise your brows confused. Myungsoo isn’t sure how such a girl you still does exist. A girl with such a gold heart. And the most unbelievable thing is that the girl is standing in front of him. Myungsoo knows he doesn’t deserve you. He knows he doesn’t deserve someone as perfect as you. What he knows is just that he wants to see you be happy.

 

**

 

                A couple days passed, and you rarely be with your friends. You’ve been feeling lonely, you do anything alone because everytime you want to approach your friends, Luhan is always there and you know he doesn’t want to see you. Most of your lunch time, you’ll always eat with Myungsoo and his friends. But after that you’ll be alone again. Sometimes Myungsoo will talk with you and you realize you like talking with him, he’s such a kind friend. You still act as his girlfriend though in front of other people.

                The distance between you and your friends make you really sad. You and Hyura rarely talk in the college too, because she’s always around Luhan. But you and her will always talk on the phone. Now you’re standing in front of her house. Yesterday she asked you to come over without telling you the reason and you chuckled.

                After the maid opened the door for you, you enter the house and go straight to Hyura’s room. You raise your brows to find Hyura lays lazily on her bed. She turns her head and jumps out of her bed after you stepped in to her room. “Hyerim!! I missed you so much..” she hugs you  so tight that it makes you hard to breath. “But we always meet at the college.” you chuckle and roll your eyes. “But everything is so different now.” said Hyura sadly as she releases the hug.

                “I know.. and it’s because of me.” you give her a sad smile as you start to blame yourself again. “You know what, I think it’s because of Luhan now. He acts really strange, his bad mood appears really often. I don’t understand why he’s so angry with you too.” Hyura pouts as she her own hair. You raise your brows. “Did something happen between you two?” This is actually the first time you hear Hyura complains about Luhan.

                Hyura nods. “He was in his bad mood, and yelled at me because of an unimportant thing. I got annoyed and we fought.” She pouts and takes out a desperate sigh. “I’m sorry to hear that.. Why don’t you try to call him again? Maybe he didn’t mean it?..” you hate to see her sad, and try to give her advice. Even though you like Luhan, you still know that he’s Hyura’s boyfriend, and Hyura is your bestfriend. You don’t like to see her sad.

                “There’s no way I’ll call him!! He needs to apologize to me first.” Hyura yells and a sigh escape your lips. Suddenly Hyura’s phone which is placed on the bed between you and her, rings. “Speak of the devil.” said Hyura as both of you take a look at the caller. You chuckle and roll your eyes. “Pick it up, Hyura. Maybe he wants to say sorry.” you pull the phone towards her and she shook her head.

                “I’m not in the mood to talk to him. I’m still annoyed..” said Hyura being stubborn as usual. You let out a heavy sigh. “Then you’re just going to ignore this?” you asked, disappointed because she’s really stubborn. Hyura was about to nod when an idea pops out on her mind. “I know! How about you pick it up for me?” she yells loudly like it’s the best idea at the moment.

                “There’s no way I’ll do it.” you widen your eyes and shook your head abruptly. “No no no. Please pick it up, you can act as me, since we have the same exact voice!” She starts to shove you her phone and you bite your lips. “Come on Hyerim,  I’ll help you!! Pick it up before he ends the call!  I’m sure you miss him too right?.. Please~~~~”. Hyura stares at you pleadingly and you give up.

                You take the phone and let out a desperate sigh. “Fine. Just this once. And I’ll turn on the speaker.” you said before you pick it up and Hyura yells excitedly. “H-Hello?..” you become nervous, afraid if he will realize. “Hyura?... Thank god, I thought you weren’t going to answer the call.” Luhan lets out a relief sigh and your heart beats so fast to hear his voice again. You missed to listen to his voice. Last time he called you is like ages ago.

                “Yeah.. What’s wrong?” you said after Hyura mouthed you to ask those words. She looks really excited and you don’t understand why she’s doing this to you. “I just want to say sorry that I yelled to you.. I know it was my fault. I was just in bad mood.” Luhan begs at you /or Hyura/ pleadingly. You stare at Hyura and she whispers to you to just forgive him. “It’s okay.. I understand. I forgive you.” you manage to said those words without stuttering.

                A relief sigh escapes from Luhan’s lips and you can feel that he’s smiling at the moment. “Thank you.. I love you so much..” said Luhan serious, and you bite your lips but you can maintain your expression. How you wish he said those words for you. “I love you too..” and how you wish you can say those words in front of him..

                After that Hyura presses the end call button, and looks at you happily. “See? It wasn’t that hard right?” she said, satisfied. “Sometimes having the exact same voice with you is really useful.” Hyura laughs, followed by you. “People will always think that we’re twins, because of our voices.” said Hyura as she embraces you. That’s true some people would think that both of you are twins because you have the same exact voice as her. “Why do you look sad?.” asked Hyura curious and she pouts. You chuckle at her. “No, it’s nothing.”  You give her a small smile despite your hurt feelings because you’re missing Luhan so much.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

@MelodieGirlZ: LMFAO i actually laughed so hard bcs of your comment xD