Chapter 21

Spur Winter

 

 

                Days passed, and the doctor finally lets Luhan to go home. When Luhan was hospitalized, never once you left him. Hyura never comebacks after the first day.. and it makes you feel sad. You tried to call her but it always failed. No news about her too, when you asked to your friends. They said she hasn’t appeared on the college.

                Luhan’s friends also always come to the hospital. They knew about this whole you’re lying to Luhan.  They were against it when you just told them, but you insisted.

                “Are you crazy?” Suho stared at you intensely and you could only stare at the ground, sitting on the chair in the corridor. “But this is for him. If I didn’t lie, can you imagine how he would act?”. You stared back at Suho and the others with a pleading look. Suho slowly stared at you sadly and let out a desperate sigh.

                Your friends couldn’t believe that Hyura would do such thing, and they’re really disappointed. They knew that your choice to lie as Hyura to Luhan is good for now. But sooner or later everything will revealed and they have a feeling it won’t be good. “Hyerim.. I hope you know what you’re doing..” you nodded at Suho, and gave him a reassuring smile.

                It was pretty much how you tried to convince them, that it’s the best for Luhan at the moment. You’re preparing everything for Luhan to go back home. Both of you are in Luhan’s room, and he’s sitting on the sofa, staring at the ground blankly. You feel sad to see him like this, but it’s already much more better than the first or second day he was hospitalized.

                Luhan’s friends played big role at making him feel better, they keep joking and joking and slowly making him feels happy. “Hyura, I want to stay in somewhere refreshing.” Luhan suddenly speaks, and you turn your body as you’re stuffing some things to the bag. “Where do you want to go?” you purse your brows confusedly. “I have a mansion in Jeju island, I’ll tell my parents that I’m gonna stay there for awhile.” Luhan smiles as he stares at his in front blankly, like you’re in front of him.

                You smile and nod your head, even though he can’t see. “That sounds good, you can ask your friends to stay there with you too.” it will be good for him if his friends will be there too, to also take care of him. “But.. I want you to stay with me too.” Luhan pouts and you raise your brows. You chuckle and smile softly. “Fine, I’ll tell my parents,” Luhan hears your chuckle.. or Hyura’s chuckle for him.. and he smiles.

                After everything is prepared, both of you are ready to go. You help Luhan to walk by holding his hand, and both of you walk slowly in the corridor. Both of you are walking in a comfortable silence, as someone approaches both of you from the front. You didn’t realize it because you’re too busy helping Luhan to walk.

                As a pair of legs stops in front of you, you lift your head to find that it’s Myungsoo. At first there’s no expression on his face, but slowly a sad expression appears on his face, and you bite your lips. Luhan looks confused because you suddenly stop walking and turn his head towards his left where you’re standing, even though he cant see.

                “Luhan, sit here for awhile, I have to talk to the doctor,” you said as you notice Luhan’s confused expression and lead him to sit in one of the chair in the corridor. “Hyura, you wont leave me right?” there’s a panic in Luhan’s eyes, and it makes you sad. “No, I won’t. I’ll comeback soon, okay?” you try to reassure him and Luhan nods slowly.

                You turn your body towards Myungsoo and he stares at you unbelievable, after he heard Luhan calls you Hyura. You stare at him sadly as you’re mouthing him ‘later’ and you pull him to a place not too far away from Luhan but he still won’t hear your voice. “Myungsoo, I’m sorry..” you start by saying sorry and stares at him pleadingly. Myungsoo purses his brows and stares back at you. “What are you sorry about?”.

                You take a deep sigh, and diver your eyes off of him. “Because I don’t think from now on I’ll be able to act as your girlfriend.” Myungsoo rolls his eyes and he tries to make you look at him. “You don’t need to say sorry at all. I’m here just to see you and to see Luhan’s condition too.” your lips slowly curve into a smile as you hear that. You always know that Myungsoo isn’t a bad person at all.

                “And now before I go, I want an explanation.” Myungsoo stares at you intensely. You know he’s talking about how could Luhan called you Hyura. You gulp down, because you know that no matter what, Myungsoo will always manage to make you talk to him about everything that he wants to know. You slowly start to explain everything to him and as you finish,  he stares at you unbelievable.

                “Hyerim… you do know that what you’re doing is dangerous for you and Luhan, right?” Myungsoo looked angry for a moment before he stares at you sadly. You can only nod your eyes and divert your eyes off of him. Myungsoo shook his head a bit and stares at you sadly. He knows that it must be hurting you so much for doing something like this, and he doesn’t understand you at all. Why would you do something like this, especially to someone who never returns your feeling.

                “Fine.. I can only wish you a good luck..” Myungsoo lets out a desperate sigh and you chuckle at his words. Myungsoo stares at Luhan for awhile as he notices that he starts to look uncomfortable. “You should go back to him.”  you turn your head before you turn you head back to Myungsoo. “I should go..” Myungsoo said and you nod your head slowly. Myungsoo suddenly hugs you and you were too stunned for a moment before you hug him back. “Thank you, myungsoo.” you said before he releases the hug and you smile as you watch him go.

                After that, you hurriedly walk towards Luhan, and as you hold his hand, he flinches a bit. “It’s me.. It’s okay.” you put your hands on his cheeks and stare at him sadly. He looks really fragile, and you hate to see him like this. Slowly, panic expression on his face replaces by a smile, and as you help him to get up and walk, Luhan smiles purely. “Thanks for not leaving me, Hyura.” you bite your lips before you smile sadly and just nod, even though he can’t see it.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

i'm finally back lol sorry >.<