Chapter 43

Spur Winter

 

 

 

                  The tension in the room is so high. Luhan watches as Myungsoo is slowly walking towards him. The dull which was on his eyes, replaced by a cold stare of him. But Luhan somehow can’t reply him this time, he can’t fight him. There’s only weakness that is left on his body, it feels like there’s something being ripped out from his body. Luhan stares at Myungsoo in the eyes, too concentrate trying to read it that he doesn’t see Hyura lifts her head and stares at Myungsoo in wide fear eyes.

             In no time, Myungsoo stops right in front of Luhan, and they stare into each other’s eyes so deeply. “I feel sorry for you, Luhan. You’ve been blind all this time, even after your sight got cured.” Myungsoo’s words hit him hard, without him knowing the reason. “I was right when I said you’re a jerk, I was right when I said you’re stupid.” Again Luhan can only stare at Myungsoo, he can’t even say a single word. His heart approves Myungsoo’s words, and he feels even more pathetic.

            “I want an answer, I want the truth.” He hates being like this in front of Myungsoo. But at this time, he knows that only Myungsoo who can help him, who can tell him the truth. Myungsoo smirks at how pathetic Luhan looks right now and he his head to the side. “Even after that day when we fought, when I gave you a clue, you still haven’t found out a single thing?” Myungsoo smirks wider, and anger plus impatience rose up from Luhan.

               Luhan grabs Myungsoo’s collar coarsely. “Can you stop talking and just ing tell me right now.” Luhan growls at Myungsoo’s face, and the tension between those two roses up even more. With a cold stare, Myungsoo removes off Luhan’s hand from his collar without breaking their eye contact. Myungsoo lifts his hand and pointing it to Luhan. Luhan stares at the box in Myungsoo’s hand and he purses his brows.

                “The truth that you’ve been looking for is inside this box.” At first, Luhan stares at Myungsoo with doubt before he slowly takes it. Luhan slowly opens it with pounding heart. After he opens it, he stares at the things inside the box before a frown appears on his face. ‘These are the photos of Hyerim….. with me?’ Luhan frowns even more as he doesn’t remember he ever took these photos with you. He checks the photos one by one, and he finds that all the photos were taken in a beach, until he sees the last 3rd photo. The photo of  him kissing you on the cheek.

               ‘The background of this photo looks familiar.’ Luhan can feel his pounding heart as he tries to remember it. A sudden realization comes over his mind and it feels like he gets hit by something hard. “This is the backyard of my mansion in Jeju..” Luhan whispers more to himself before he checks the other photos once again. His heart is racing as he realizes that another photos were taken in the beach of Jeju around his mansion.

             “Hyerim… She came to Jeju?” Luhan lifts his head in shock and he stares at Myungsoo who stares at him with an unexplainable expression. Luhan rubs his temples hard and close his eyes for seconds because he can’t remember he took some photos with you in Jeju. He’s about to yell at Myungsoo that this doesn’t explain anything at all when realization hits him hard.

                He remembers that he ever took these photos. Yes, he remembers he took these photos in his mansion backyard, in the beach in front of his mansion, in the mansion’s living room, and with the kids on the beach. But he didn’t take it with you.. Luhan’s heart is racing and his breath becomes unstable. “No, no, no. This is impossible.” He desperately grabs the back of a sofa beside him. His mind is running rapidly.

           It explains why he couldn’t find these photos. It’s clear now, why he feels the Hyura when he was in jeju is different with Hyura he has known. It’s clear now why Hyura couldn’t play the piano for him a moment ago. Because It wasn’t her. It was you. Yes, he remembers that you can play piano. Luhan’s face paled and his breath stucks on his throat. All the blood running out from his face as he diverts his eyes at Hyura who’s on her knees and staring at him in horror. “It wasn’t you???” His voice is shaky and weak even though it’s loud enough. Tears are streaming down Hyura cheeks and she’s pathetically shaking his head. “I’m sorry, Luhan. I’m sorry.” Hyura’s loud sobs can be heard in the entire room.

             Luhan is unable to say a single word. He can feel that his eyes begin to heat up, and watery. It’s not because of the fact that Hyura has lied to him all this time. But it’s because of the fact that all of this time, it has been you.. It was you who took care of him. It was you that could make him rise from his downturn when he was blind. It was you who has brought a whole new happiness for him. It was always you.. And all of this time what he did was hurting you.. He remembers that day when he met you for the first time after he got his eyesight back. There was only you and him in the college’s corridor. He saw how your eyes filled with hurt when you saw him. He saw how you desperately tried to say sorry, when she didn’t need to.. And he remembers that he just left her broken, crying on her knees alone, just like that.

               Luhan feels the tightness on his chest is increasing, and it hurts. “Oh my god. I’m so stupid.” the words just slip out from his lips, and it’s shaky. It feels like there’s a hole on his chest and he feels so pathetic. He feels so guilty. He feels so stupid that he just realized his true love is actually you. He feels so stupid why he didn’t realize that Hyura had been lying to him. He feels so damn stupid that he starts blaming himself.

             “Why did you never tell me the truth? Why??” Luhan asks Hyura desperately. He has no strength anymore to yell. It feels like his heart is being ripped out of his body. Hyura sobs really hard as she keeps shaking her head. Myungsoo watches Luhan with a sad stare. He knows he must be feel so guilty and broken right now, and he feels pity that everyone literally lied to him. He suddenly remembers something and he takes a quick glance at his wristwratch. 4pm. ’Damn it.’ He curses inside.

            With a deep breath, Myungsoo steps aside every feelings and thoughts from his mind. “Luhan, there’s one more thing you need to know.” Luhan who looks like he doesn’t have his soul anymore, lifts his head at Myungsoo. A pity appears on his mind again the time he looks at Luhan’s eyes. He looks like he’s trying to hold his tears so hard. “Hyerim is leaving in an hour. She’s leaving for Paris and she won’t comeback in a long time.”