Chapter 20

Spur Winter

 

The scent of medicines that is floating in the whole corner of hospital only makes you feel even more dizzy. You always hate hospital, every time you are in the hospital all you want to do is just get out and run far away from it. Now, is not an exception. You want to run away from here, but you can’t.

                You’re sitting in the corridor of the hospital. Facing a white door, which is the door of Luhan’s room. The surgery has done, and Luhan is alive, safe. He even has woken up.  You should be happy about it. Yes, you were happy. Before the doctor told you about another thing that almost made you faint right after hearing it.

                Your eyes are red and swollen and you’re tired from crying. The image of broken Luhan when you entered his room is just too much for you. When he started to scream and cried, and kept calling Hyura’s name. You didn’t even dare to move an inch to make a sound, and you bit your lips so hard to prevent your sob.

                The shakes on your shoulder, interrupts you who was staring blankly at the white door in front of you. You turn your head and stare into Hyura’s red eyes. She’s having a hard time to prevent her tears. “He’s okay.. right?” she manages to smile like everything is okay, as she bites her lips. Your lips starts to tremble and tears start to appear in your eyes again. You nod slowly and start to sob as Hyura stares at you confusedly.

                You feel so guilty. Everything is your fault and you keep blaming yourself. If you didn’t run, everything wouldn’t turn into like this. You stare at the ground while tears streaming down your cheeks, you can’t face Hyura. You don’t know how to tell her about it.

                Hyura stares as you sob silently and she immediately knows that something isn’t right. “What happened, Hyerim???” Hyura starts to shake your shoulder again, desperately searching for your eyes as you keep diverting your eyes. You know no matter what you must tell her, but you feel like you can’t face her.

                You let out a desperate sigh and lift your head, but still not staring at her. “He.. He’s blind.” your voice comes out from your lips really small but it hit Hyura so hard. Her grip on your shoulder is getting weaker and with panic you look at her. “No.. no.. you are kidding, right?” Hyura tries to find a prove that you are kidding but you only bite your lips and tears in your eyes.

                “Hyura.. I’m sorry..” you sob silently, because you feel really guilty. Hyura looks horrible, and you can’t do anything to calm her down. She’s trying so hard to prevent her sobs as she steps back and slowly turn her body. You get up and stare at her in wide eyes. She can’t be leaving him..

                “Where are you going?!” you pull her arms but Hyura jerks it away. “I’m sorry.” she stares at you pleadingly as you’re speechless. “You can’t leave him, Hyura. Please..” you shook your head abruptly as tears streaming down you cheeks. “I’m sorry I can’t.” with that she turns her body and as she’s going to walk fast, you pull her arms again. “What’s wrong if he’s blind? He’s still him, Hyura, nothing will change! Please! don’t leave him..” you try to reassure her but she jerks your hand away harshly, making you stare at her in shock.

                “Of course it’s different!! I don’t want to have a blind boyfriend!” Hyura’s words makes you flinch and you can’t believe she just said something like that. Tears slowly streaming down your cheeks again as Hyura bites her lips. “I’m sorry, Hyerim.. I just can’t.” Hyura shook her head slowly before she turns his body and leaves you standing there in shock, broken.

                You sob silently as you’re blaming yourself for everything. Everything happened because of you. This is all your fault and you can’t think of anything to pay for everything. You slowly turn your body as you’re still crying. You walk like your soul just got taken, towards Luhan’s room door. You hesitantly touch the door knob. You’re scared to see Luhan. You’re scared to see him in this state.

                You bite your lips, as you think. No matter what you have to get in. You have to be there for him in times like this.. You hesitantly open the door revealing a such sight that you never want to see. He’s sitting as he sobs. No matter how many times doctor gives him sleeping pills, he’ll always wake up in any moment.

                Tears are streaming down on your cheeks again. Just stare, unable to move on your spot. You feel weak by seeing him broken. By seeing his tears. By seeing him who used to have that cocky and pretends to be cool expression, suddenly looks so fragile.

                “H-Hyura… Is that you?..”. You try so hard to prevent your sob. You want to answer but you can’t. It hurts so much.  “H-Hyura?..”.  His hands are desperately grabbing the air. No sparks on his doe eyes like usual. Only tears that comes out harder.

 “It was just a dream again?... I keep on dreaming about you.. I need you Hyura..” He stops grabbing the air and his hands fall to his side. He grabs the bed sheet so hard like his life depends on it. He’s shaking.

   It was the time you make your decision. You give up. You don’t have the guts to see him broken like this. You close your eyes and take a deep breath. You’ll try to sound as cheerful as you can. When you’re also broken like this. It’s for Luhan. You convince yourself. You pray inside you’re not making a wrong decision.

 “Yes, Luhan. It’s me, Hyura. It’s okay. You’ll be okay. I’ll never leave you..”  You decide to lie.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

sorry only a short update >_<