Chapter 32

Spur Winter

**try to read this chap while listening this :3

 

 

                “Hyura, the doctor just called, and said I’ll be able to see again, tomorrow. He said I’ll do the surgery tomorrow.”

                Luhan’s words hit you hard. Everything around you seems to stop and at the moment it feels like there are only you and those words which keep running on your mind.  Your eyes go blank, and your hands turn cold in Luhan’s hold. Even your friends start to stare at you in worry. You bite your lips to keep your senses.

                You knew it. You knew that this moment would come. This moment when your happiness will come to an end, this moment when have to give up everything to the reality. You knew that everything will have to be back to what it’s supposed to be like before. You bite your lips so hard when your breath starts to become irregular.

                You turn your head down and a sad smile appears on your face before you mentally slap your head. You’re supposed to be happy. This is what you’ve been waiting and wanting the most, for Luhan to be cured and get his eyesight back. With a sigh you lift your head to face Luhan. His face is so bright and the smile can’t leave off of his face.

                It’s probably the first time Luhan smiles for so long, and you chuckle at the thought.  You feel so happy just by seeing him like this. A tear falls to on your cheeks and you smile. The smile filled with mix feelings, the feeling of how happy you are for Luhan and how broken you are inside at the same time. The tears coming out harder and you don’t even try to hold it. ‘God, what was I thinking.’ you shook your head to erase every sad feeling and just be happy for Luhan. You hurriedly wipe your tears and stares at him again.  

                You then step closer to Luhan and hug him. Luhan replies the hug and he put his hand on your head which attaches on his chest. He your soft hair and a soft smile appears on his face. “Luhan, I’m so happy for you that I can’t say anything anymore.” you say as you’re enjoying the warm feelings in his hug. You’re gonna miss being in Luhan’s arms like this.

                Luhan smiles purely before he releases the hug. He cups your cheeks and you still can see the wide smile on his face. “Thank you, Hyura. Thanks for always be here with me. I can’t wait to see your beautiful face again.” he smiles softly and kisses your forehead. You bite your lips before you smile widely, removing every other thoughts.

                Suho and the others stare at you sadly. Sehun can’t even face you and Luhan, that he’s been staring at the tv with a blank stare. You stare at your friends and give them a look. “You guys should be happy too!!” you laugh and your friends roll their eyes to you. “What? They’re not happy??” you turn your head to Luhan, who has turned back to the cold Luhan. “We are not really happy because we’re not be able to prank on you anymore.” said Yixing lazily.  He said it to change the sad and uneasy atmosphere. You the others break into laugh while Luhan’s face is as dark as the night.

                “Just kidding, Luhan. Of course we’re happy for you, we miss the grumpy, cold, and cocky Luhan.” said Kyungsoo and the others shriek on the sweetness. Luhan chuckles and shook his head. They’re still the friends he loves so much. “You and Hyura were really sweet a moment ago that Sehun even cried.” Chanyeol smirks amusedly and Sehun turns his gaze abruptly towards Chanyeol.

                “I didn’t cry!!” Sehun defends his self and you smile at his cuteness. The others laugh at them, including Luhan. You smile softly at the sight. Luhan takes a seat between his friends and they start to joke and laugh together. You feel warm just by seeing he’s happy. You suddenly remember about something important and you start to feel sad again.

                You slowly walk out of the living room before the others can realize. You head to the upstair and go to Luhan’s room. ‘Where is it, where is it.’ you speak on your mind as you’re observing the whole room. You start to search in Luhan’s clothes closets, but you don’t find it there. You try to find it on his bagpack that is placed on the small table in the corner of the room but it’s not there too.

                You quickly go towards the drawer beside the bed and desperately try to find it there since it’s your last hope. As you’re searching inside the drawer, you grab a box, it’s a blue box and small. It’s about the size of a comic and when you pull it out, it’s actually light. You open the box’ cover and a relief sigh escapes from your lips when you find the things that you’d been searching for.

                With a soft smile you take 4 photos out of the box. Those are the photos during your days with Luhan in here. You have to take the photo now so Luhan will never see it, he will never see the photos The first photo is the photo of you and Luhan standing with the sea as the background, you chuckle and remember you were the one who took the photo. The second photo is you and Luhan in the mansion’s park, he’s kissing your cheek and you smile shyly to the camera, you remember you refused to pose like that especially because he asked the mansion’s guard to take the photo, but Luhan insisted and you gave up. You laugh softly before slowly a feeling of tightness appears on your heart.

                The third photo is when you and Luhan sitting on the sofa in the living room. The photo was taken by you too. Your head was leaning on Luhan’s shoulder and he was caressing your hair. A sad smile slowly appears on your face remembering the happy moments. The last photo is the photo of you and Luhan with the kids. It was taken only yesterday. You smile sadly staring at your bright face in the last photo. It was perfect.

                The last photo is enough to bring back all the memories of you with Luhan in here and tears streaming down your cheeks without you can hold it. You don’t know why you feel so sad like this. You cry so hard and your legs become weak as you immediately sit on the ground with your back leans on the side of the bed. You hate yourself for crying like this but the hurt feelings in your heart is just too much.

                You fold your knees to your chest and wrap your hands on it while your head attaches on your knees. You sob so hard without you can hold it anymore. You’re broken inside, you can’t hold your feelings anymore and there’s nothing you can do to cheer yourself up. It’s the first time you cry like this and you hate it. You really hate yourself for being like this.

“Luhan, I’m sorry.” you whisper desperately in your sob, because you know that all this time you’re actually the reason why he’s always feel sad. After this Luhan is going to hate and ignore you, and you’ll have to try to get used of it like nothing happened. It hurts yes. But it’s for his happiness and plus you feel that everything turns like this because of you.

                ‘It’s okay, it’s for Luhan. If he’s happy, then I’ll also be happy,’ you desperately keep whispering to yourself in your mind between the sobs. You bite your lips hard thinking that days after today will be tough for you. ‘It’s okay, it’sokay.’

                ‘Luhan, I’m doing this for you. Promise me, you’ll always be happy after this.. I’m doing this for you.