Chapter 31

Spur Winter

 

 

                The night air is really quiet but you can’t even close your eyes. It’s around 2 am now, and you don’t get the feeling you’re going to sleep. With a sigh you get up from the bed and go to the window before you open it. A soft wind welcomes you and it blows your hair softly. You look up to the sky and you get amazed by it.

                Hundreds of stars can be seen clearly and you find yourself can’t stop staring at it. “Hyura?..” you suddenly hear Luhan calls and you turn your head. “Yes, I’m at the window.” you tell him and Luhan sighs in relief. “I thought you go somewhere.” he whispers as he gets up from the bed and walks to the window. He doesn’t even need your help because he simply can memorize every single thing in his room.

                “What are you doing at this late hour?” Luhan wraps his hands on your waist from the back and pull you closer to him so that your back attaches to his chest. Your cheeks heat up but you can surpass it now. You’re used of skinships with Luhan now, even though you still blush so hard every time he does it. “I can’t sleep.” You answer simply and Luhan raises his brows.

                “Why is that?” he asks curiously and a sigh escapes from your lips. “I.. have a bad feeling I don’t know why.” you’re not lying to Luhan, you really have a bad feeling and you’re trying to forget about it by staring at the beautiful stars in the sky. Luhan suddenly spun your body around so that you’re facing him now. You stare into his beautiful eyes, his soft lips, and you find yourself blushing again.

                “I don’t like it when you’re sad.” Luhan cups your face and he caresses your cheeks softly. You chuckle despite you’re having a hard time breathing. “It’s okay, I feel better now.” you don’t want to make him worry. “Really?” Luhan asks unsure and a smile appears on your face. “Yes,”. He lets out a relief sigh and run his fingers on his own hair. “Is it okay if I want to tell you something?” Luhan’s eyes turn dull suddenly and you hate it.

                “Of course.” you can feel that something is bothering him. “I can’t seem to get Hyerim out of my mind.” your heart stops beating and your eyes becomes watery. You didn’t expect that the thing that is bothering him is actually.. you. “The hurt by her leaving me just like that is just too much. I mean.. she’s my bestfriend too.. What happened that it turns into this..” Luhan’s eyes are so sad and you can feel that he’s holding back your tears.

                You’re weak to see Luhan broken like this. And most of all, he’s broken because of you. You bite your lips but your body doesn’t seem to care, tears streaming down on your cheeks. You didn’t even realize that you’ve been holding your breath. “Luhan… it’s okay, don’t be sad, I’m here.” you cup his face and you try to prevent your sobs as you say those words. You can’t think of any other words to cheer him up and you blame yourself.

                “I’m not sure of how to face her later.. Should I just ignore her? It’s the best choice I guess..” Luhan feels like the wound in his heart that is caused by you is already so deep that he decides to just ignore you later when he’s cured. He feels really disappointed that you don’t even see him or ask about him ever since the accident, even once.

                “I’m sorry if she caused you so much hurt.” you manage to say those words despite the tears that keep streaming down. “It’s okay.. at least now I know the ones who truly love me. You, and my dumb friends.” a sigh escapes from Luhan’s lips and he tries to bring back the mood. You still manage to chuckle over his words.

                “I’m seriously really really glad that I have you. You’ve been here all the time, taking care of me. Gosh, what did I do that I deserve someone like you, Hyura.” he runs his fingers on your hair and caresses it. “You deserve the best, Luhan.” you smile and try to stop your tears. You silently be thankful that you always manage to sound like you’re not crying when you’re actually are.

                “I love you so freaking much.” he says while smiling so purely that you don’t want him to stop smiling. “I love you too..” it’s true, you feel like you’re not going to stop loving him, at least for now. Luhan cups your face and his eyes rounded wide. “Are you crying?” he asks in surprise while wiping your tears away. “No, i.. I always feel sad when you’re sad, it’s okay now.” you turn your head down, unable to stare at him.

                “Oh my god, I’m sorry for making you crying.” Luhan puts his hand on your chin and he lifts your face, making you to face him again and stare into his worry eyes. “It’s okay Luhan, really.” you say to stop him from the worry. A relief sigh comes out from his lips and slowly his lips curve into a smile. He suddenly leans forward while still cupping your face and this time you don’t feel panic.

                You close your eyes just at the moment when his lips and your lips touch. The kiss is really passionate and soft and you fall into it. Sparkles appear on your heart as you can feel his soft lips on yours. You then break the kiss because you run out of breath and Luhan chuckles. You mentally slap your head because you’re such a bad kisser.

                “This is the first time you run out of breath while kissing me.” Luhan smirks amusedly and you slap his arms playfully while your face turns red. Guess Hyura is a good kisser, while you’re not. “It’s okay I can teach you how to not run out of breath every time we kiss, start from now on.” Luhan smirks playfully and you slap his arms again.”Luhan!!” you’re sure that your face is really red right now and Luhan laughs.

                “Shall we go sleep now?.” Luhan is sure that it’s already around 3 am now. “Yes, I guess.” you agree because you actually start to feel sleepy because you just cried. Then both of you go to the bed. Not long after you lay your body on the bed, you’re already be in the world of dreams. Luhan chuckles as he calls you but you don’t answer. “You’re tired now, hmm?” he whispers softly at how you sleep really fast. “Good night, I love you.” said Luhan before he falls asleep.

 

 

**

 

                When you wake up in the morning, it’s already 9 am and Luhan is nowhere in the room. You mentally slap your head for waking up so late. You slowly get up from the bed and get out of Luhan’s room to go to the downstair. Some of your friends have woken up already and they’re in the living room. Your eyes immediately land on Luhan, whose face is as bright as the sun outside. You guess that something makes he feels happy.

                “Good morning, Hyura.” Sehun greets you as he awares of your presence in the room. He looks kinda uneasy and before you can even reply Sehun, Luhan suddenly gets up from his seat. “Hyura!! You know what, I just got a good news!” Luhan says excitedly and his smile is so wide that you feel really happy. It’s rare to see him smiling like that.

                You look at the others in the living room and all of them look uneasy and they can’t even face you. You slowly walk towards Luhan, curiously. Whatever that makes Luhan this happy, will also make you happy. “Really?? What is that?” you asks curiously as you smile widely as you stand in front of Luhan. He can feel your presence in front of him and he reaches for your hands. He holds your hand so tight that you chuckle. “Hyura, the doctor just called, and said I’ll be able to see again, tomorrow. He said I’ll do the surgery tomorrow.”