Chapter 42

Spur Winter

 

             The cloud today looks gloomy and it looks like it’s going to rain. The restless taking over his mind as Myungsoo keeps on knocking his fingers on the steering wheel. He takes a glance at his wrist watch and he curses. ‘2:pm’. Means, that he only has 3 hours left before you leave. His mind wanders around as he’s waiting for the traffic sign to turn into the green light. The conversation between him and Suho last night repeats itself on his mind.

                Myungsoo takes his phone out of his pocket as a frown appears on his face. He frowns even more as he reads Suho’s name on the screen. ‘Why is he calling me at this late hour?’ Curiously, He answers the call. “Hello?” Suho’s deep sigh welcomes him. “Myungsoo, we need to do something, quick.” Suho sounds impatient and Myungsoo purses his eyebrows.

                “Luhan said to Sehun that he likes Hyerim.” Myungsoo’s eyes widen at Suho’s words. A relief feeling appears on him, ‘God damn you Luhan, I’ve been waiting this for so long.’ Myungsoo whispers on his mind. “Did Sehun tell him the truth?” Myungsoo hopes he had told Luhan the truth. “No.. Hyura was always with him, so Sehun really couldn’t tell him.” Myungsoo curses inside, and he finally understands why Suho said that they need to do something quick.

                “Why must it’s happening only when we’re in a narrow time.” Myungsoo gritted his teeth. “I know..” Suho sounds sad as a sigh escapes from his lips.  An idea pops out on his mind as he’s thinking hard. “Suho, will you let me be the one to tell Luhan about everything?” Myungsoo asks unsurely. “Of course. So you’re gonna do it?” Suho doesn’t mind it at all. He even hopes that Myungsoo will knock some sense on Luhan too.

                “Yes, just hand it to me.” Myungsoo is really going to knock some sense on Luhan with his own way.

 

                His mind shatters as finally the green light appears and he steps on the gas abruptly. He drives as fast as he can until finally he reaches your home. Myungsoo hurriedly gets out of his car and runs a bit to your house’ door. The usual maid welcomes him after he clicked on the bell and her eyes widen. “Young master, Miss is not home.. Actually, she’s already on the way to the airport. Maybe you should-“. “I know.” Myungsoo cuts her words abruptly, and he feels sorry because the maid looks hurt for some seconds. He can’t help it because he doesn’t have enough time.

                “Sorry.. But I need to take something in Hyerim’s room.” Myungsoo gives her a sorry smile and she blushes a bit before she nods abruptly. Myungsoo walks quickly to the upstairs and get into your room. There’s a slight hope on his heart that he would find you sitting on your bed, but of course it’s impossible. He stares at your room sadly because he truly doesn’t want you to go too.

                Myungsoo sets aside his mind and quickly starts finding the thing that he wants. A very relief sigh escapes from his lips as he finds the thing that he’s been searching for is placed on a small table. He’s sure that you won’t bring it with you, but still he was afraid if he couldn’t find. It’s the only proof that he can show to Luhan, if he didn’t get it, the others’ and also his hope will be destroyed.

                Myungsoo grabs it and brings it with him. He hurriedly walks out of your room and go to his car. ‘Please god, please give me enough time.

 

 

**

 

                Luhan isn’t feeling well at all. Not his body because he’s fully healthy but his mind. His heart beating so fast and his hand turns cold. His eyes are on the tv but his soul is definitely somewhere. He feels restless and he doesn’t even know why. One thing that he’s sure is that something is happening. Hyura is clinging on his arm but it doesn’t affect him at all. In fact, he doesn’t even care that she’s here.

                ‘God ing damn it, what’s happening with me.’ Luhan needs something to calm him down. As he’s thinking of what to do, something catches his eyes. His dad’s grand piano is placed nicely in the corner of the living room and he suddenly knows what he needs. “Hyura.” Luhan calls her soflty despite his raging feels inside. Hyura lifts her head off of his shoulder and stares at Luhan.

                “I’m not feeling well.. Can you please do something for me?” Hyura purses his brows for a moment. “Sure.” she nods slowly. Luhan then gets up from his seat and grabs Hyura’s hand. He pulls her with him towards the grand piano. Luhan takes a seat in front of it first, and he lifts his head because Hyura is just standing there.

                She stares at Luhan confusedly, and Luhan starts to feel confused too. He taps the spot beside him and Hyura hesitantly sits there. “Play Spur Winter for me.” Luhan’s face becomes soft because he misses listening to it so much. His soft expression disappears though as he stares at Hyura who stares back at him confusedly. “What?.. What is Spur Winter?” Hyura doesn’t understand it and Luhan purses his brows.

                “You know that I can’t play piano, right Luhan?” Hyura continues and Luhan purses his brows even more. “No, but you could!” Luhan is becoming confused even more and he starts to yell. He’s not feeling well and this is just making him frustrate even more. Hyura stares at Luhan, unable to believe that he just literally shouted at her.

                “I never can play piano Luhan, and don’t you ever yell at me!” Hyura gets up but she’s still facing Luhan. “But you played it for me when we were at Jeju, you are the one who created it!” Luhan gets up as well and he growls at her. Hyura is becoming more confused before realization hits her hard. “No, Luhan. I can’t play piano. I just can’t.” Hyura shakes her head abruptly and she diverts her eyes from Luhan.

                “What do you mean by you can’t play it??” Luhan starts to feel doubt as Hyura keeps shaking her head, pathetically. “I didn’t play it for you! It wasn’t me! I didn’t even go to Jeju!” Hyura spills out everything without her own will, and she paled. She cant believe she just spilled out everything and tears start to forming on her eyes.

                Luhan stares at her in disbelief. He’s trying to process every single word that just came out from Hyura’s lips. “What?..” Luhan asks her once more as he doesn’t know what to do anymore. He  feels so dumb at the moment because he can’t understand a single thing. “No.. no.. no!” Hyura falls on her knees and she breaks down. She sobs hard and she desperately trying to cover her face.

                Luhan stares at her as his breath becomes unstable. Only now, that he’s sure that something did happen, and he doesn’t know. Luhan is about to force Hyura to tell him clearly about something that he didn’t know when he feels another presence in the room. “Luhan.” Luhan diverts his head abruptly towards the voice and find Myungsoo standing there with a dull eyes.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

it's really coming to an end  ;o; lol