Chapter 33

Spur Winter

 

 

                The sunlight shines your room through the thin curtains. You lazily open your eyes, not wanting to wake up. You and the others left Jeju yesterday, and you were more than happy when you reached your home. You needed time to be alone, to let every single feelings in your body out so you will be ready for today.

                You slowly get up from your bed and go to the mirror. You stare at your own reflection only to find your eyes look swollen and red. ‘I look horrible.’ you shut your eyes for a second before you go to the bathroom to take a bath. Today, you’ll accompany Luhan to go to the hospital. You’ve promised him and plus you want to be able to talk freely with Luhan for the last time.

                But before you’ll accompany Luhan, you have another thing to do, and it makes you nervous. After taking a bath, you hastily dress up and go to the downstair. The moment you step out of your home you stop to take a deep breath. ‘I hope I can do this.

               

               

               Hyura lays lazily on her bed. Her mind is full of many thoughts and a frown is on her face, when she’s thinking too much about her regrets. She curses herself because she didn’t realize even a little, that all this time you like Luhan. All this time  she talked with you about Luhan kept flirting on her, about how was her relation ship with Luhan, and even dating in front of you, and you didn’t even ever complain.. She’s sure that you were hurting and yet you never said anything.

                The memory of herself leaving the crying you in the hospital, flashing on her mind. The memory when you were begging her for not leaving Luhan, but she just left Luhan like that. She regretted it, yes. She admits that she was really stupid, and yes Suho is right,  Luhan deserves someone like you, not herself. She bites her lips as a tear slips out of her eyes. Hyura realizes that she still likes Luhan, but at the same time she realizes the one who should be with Luhan is you.

                Suddenly, someone knocks the door making Hyura flinches a bit. She wipes the tears away in hurry and get up from the bed before she walks towards the door. The person standing in front of her door surprises her so much that she gasps. “H-Hyerim..?” her eyes widen.

                You smile softly at her. Despite everything that has happened, she’s still your friend and you missed her so much. You step in as Hyura steps back, and she’s still staring at you in shock. You chuckle before you step forward and want hug you but she steps back. Your face fell before you stare at her sadly. “Hyura.. I’m sorry.. I didn’t mean to take the opportunities in the narrowness..” you bite your lips as you try to hold your tears. You don’t want Hyura to hate you.

                Hyura shakes her head in disbelief before tears streaming down her cheeks. “Why did you say sorry?!” she chokes and you stare at her in hurt. You didn’t expect she would be this angry. “Hyura, listen I want you be back with Luhan. I never want to take him away from you. Please, don’t be angry. I know it’s my fault.” tears start to streaming down your cheeks as you beg.

                “Yes, I’m angry at you!! I’m angry at you for not telling me all this time that you actually like Luhan!” you stare at Hyura in disbelief before you bite your lips. “Hyerim.. I’m the one who should say sorry.. I’m sorry.. all this time I’ve never cared about your actual feelings.” Hyura sobs really hard as she pulls you in a hug and cries in your shoulder.

                You smile softly in your cry and return her hug before you her back. “It’s okay, Hyura. It was never your fault.” you try to comfort her. “My feeling is not important. The important thing is that, you like Luhan and Luhan likes you, other things aren’t important. I’m sure many girls like Luhan, not just me.” you chuckle despite your broken feeling, and Hyura pulls her body and stare at you in disbelief.

                “You are too kind, Hyerim. Of course it’s different, because you’re my bestfriend.” said Hyura as she wipes her tears away and you roll your eyes at her. “Hyerim, I’ll tell Luhan about everything.” Hyura smiles sadly at you and your eyes widen. “No.. no Hyura.” you were too carried away by the situation that you forgot about your actual intention to meet Hyura.

                “Today, Luhan will do the surgery. He’ll be cured and get his eyesight back today.” a happy smile appears on your face and Hyura looks surprise. “Really?!” she beams excited and you nod before a frown appears on your face again. “Hyura.. please do me a favor.” you stare right into her eyes and Hyura stares at you curiously. “Promise me first, that you’ll do this.” you hold her hands tightly. For a moment Hyura is hesitating, but then she would do anything for you to return what all the things that you’d done for her.

                Hyura nods and a relief sigh escapes from your lips. “Hyura, please be there when Luhan opens his eyes. Please be there when Luhan gets his eyesight back. Please pretend that you’ve been there for him ever since the accident. Please act like it wasn’t me but you who took care of him.” a single tear slips out from your eyes as you say those words. It was hurting you but you hastily set aside all the thoughts.

                Hyura stares at you in disbelief before she shakes her head abruptly. “What?.. No, I’m not going t do it. No.” she strongly against it and your face fell. “Hyura, please.. Luhan loves you so much, it would hurt him so much when he knows the truth.. That all the people have been lying to him when he’s blind. When I was acting as you for him I can feel that he loves you so much.. Please do this for me, for Luhan.” you beg in your sobs and Hyura is at lost for words, tears start to streaming down her cheeks again.

                “Hyerim. why are you doing this?.. Why are you hurting yourself so much?” she cant believe how can someone manage to survive from your situation. “Just pretend that this all is what I deserve to get because all this things happened because of me.” you smile sadly in your cry. Your friendship with Luhan broke because of you, Luhan is blind because of you, and it was yourself who decided to act as Hyura for Luhan.

                “H-Hyerim.. What if I still don’t want to do it?” Hyura bites her lips and you stare at her miserable. You hold her hands so tight. “Answer me, do you love Luhan?” you try find her eyes but you can Hyura stiffen at your question and she cant look at you in the eyes. “Do you love him?” you ask her once again, and she bites her lips before she nods slowly. “Listen, you love him and he loves you. That’s all the matter. So please do this for me. Be with Luhan again.” you smile softly even though you’re hearts is bleeding.

                Hyura stares at you and she starts to cry harder. “Hyerim, thanks for everything. I don’t know how to thank you. I don’t know what I did that I deserve to have a best friend like you.” You stare at her softly as you pull her into a hug. “Just thank me by being with Luhan.” you said as tears streaming down your cheeks harder.

 

 

**

 

                You walk hurriedly through the hospital’s corridor while keep taking a glance to your wristwatch. You’re late because you stayed at Hyura’s house longer than you’ve predicted and Luhan called you a moment ago, saying that he’s waiting for you in the hospital’s corridor in front of his room. In just a moment the doctor will start to do the surgery.

                You are panting but your lips curve into a smile as you spot Luhan sitting alone in the corridor in front of his room. You can see his bright face and you smile softly. You can tell that he’s really happy and excited at the moment. Luhan turns her head to the side where he can hear footsteps coming. “Luhan.” you say as you take a seat beside him. Your word comes out weak as slowly you can feel the tightness feeling appears.

                Luhan smiles purely and so wide at your voice. “Hyura, I’m so excited.” he flashes you his smile and you chuckle. “I know.” Luhan then raises his brows at you. “You came really late. Where were you?” you gulp down nervously before you answer. “I woke up late.” it’s a lame answer, but you can only think about that at the moment. Luhan chuckles amusedly to your surprise. After that, you and Luhan is just happily chatting, enjoying the last moment before he does the surgery.

                Suddenly, you and Luhan hear footsteps coming and you turn your head to the side. “Mr. Luhan, we’re going to do the surgery.” the doctor flashes you and Luhan a smile which you reply. “Okay, just a moment please.” said Luhan, and the doctor says okay before he and the other nurses step in to Luhan’s room.

                Luhan and you get up together from the seat, and he takes your hands, making you to face him. The tightness in your chest increases and you bite your lips to hold your breath. “Hyura, promise me, you’ll be here until the surgery finishes.” he hold your hand tight and you can’t even hold back your tears. “Okay.” your heart shattering into pieces because you know you won’t fulfill his promise.

                Luhan smiles softly before he cups your face. “Thanks for always be here with me. After this I’ll love you even more to return everything that you did to me. I promise I’ll make you happy, and I can’t wait to see your beautiful face again.” you chuckle in sob because of his words, but you don’t dare to let out a single word to come out from your lips. You’re afraid if you’ll lose it.

                Luhan then leans forward and kisses your forehead before he hugs you tight. Tears streaming down harder because it will be the last time he kisses your forehead, it will be the last time you’re in his arms. You close your eyes and just enjoying the moment. You can listen to his steady heartbeat and you’re trying so hard to hold your sobs.

                He slowly pulls his body and you stare into his perfect face despite the blurry because your eyes are already full with tears. He smiles at you for the last time before he walks towards his room. You watch his back as he slowly walks further away from you. A smile appears in your face between your tears as you’re remembering the happiness you felt when you were with Luhan.

                You cry harder just with the last glance of his back before he closes the door. You’re crying alone as you can feel your heart shattering into pieces and you cant do anything to hold your tears. You’re still staring at the door that has been closed as a pure smile appears on your face and you whisper ‘Bye.. and I’m sorry..

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Just want to say sorry if i did so many typos and my grammar is still not good T__T i'm actually still learning ;~~; i hope you dont mind.

 

and thanks for all the comments and for subscribing ;o; without your support i wouldnt make it. and even though i dont reply the comments, but i appreciate it so much and i really like reading it haha ;ww; it's amusing to read your comments :3 once again, thanks for supporting this story <3333