Chapter 23

Spur Winter

 

 

                As you arrive at the beach, you immediately join to sit with Luhan, Yixing, and Sehun. They’re just staring and laughing at the others who are playing and running around.  The atmosphere is so refreshing that a smile never leaves your face. It’s already late afternoon and the view is so pretty. After awhile, Yixing and Sehun decide to join playing with the others, leaving you sitting alone with Luhan.

                “It must be really pretty, right?” Luhan’s gaze fixed forward, it’s like he’s staring at something so far away. “Yes..” you stare at his beautiful side view. “I miss to see the sunset. I miss to see the beautiful blue color of the sea.” Luhan’s lips slowly curves into a sad smile.

                Your heart breaks listening to his words. You stop staring at him and divert your eyes to the front. You slowly reach for Luhan’s hand that is placed on the sand between you and him. “You’re going to be able to see everything soon, Luhan. Trust me, you’ll be okay.” you smile as you hold his hand. Luhan turns his head towards where you sit and you divert your eyes to him. For a moment both of you are staring at each other in silence and it feels like Luhan can really see you. Your heart beats so fast and you hold your breath.

                Slowly, a smile appears on Luhan’s face. “I can totally imagine that you’re smiling while staring at me now.” a chuckle escapes from his lips and you smile. You miss to listen to the sound of his laugh. Luhan slowly raises his hand and he put it on your cheek. Your heart beats so fast, you’ve never been in such a close distance with Luhan like this.

                “I’m really glad to have you.” Luhan whispers to your lips and your cheeks heat up before a sad feeling appears again as you remember that he says it for Hyura. Luhan leans close and closer and you feel like your heart is going to explode soon.

                “Hey, both of you!! What are you guys doing only sitting there, you guys are no fun.” You and Luhan immediately jerk away each other and Sehun gives you a meaningful smile. You are more than thankful he appears and you give him a thankful smile.

                “What a nice way to ruin the moment, Oh Sehun.” Luhan growls and the cold Luhan that you know is there again, and you chuckle. Sehun sticks out his tongue but Luhan can hear the sound of it. “Don’t you ever think just because I’m blind I don’t know that you’re currently sticking out your tongue to me.” Luhan growls again and gives a cold stare at his front because he can feel that Sehun is standing right there.

                Sehun pouts but then he steps closer to Luhan and help him to get up. He then pulls Luhan carefully towards the foreshore. You follow them with a big smile on your face. You laugh at the sight of Luhan struggling Luhan, but Sehun doesn’t care and keeps pulling him. “Stop, Sehun!” Luhan struggles harder but he still cant beat maknae’s power. “No, no, no.” Sehun laugh as he keeps pulling Luhan and then push him to the water, making him wet.  

                You and the others laugh, except Luhan. He’s having a hard time controlling his expression, not to laugh. “Yah, get up you lazy !” Xiumin shouts and Luhan just want to punch him, but he’s blind so he’s hopeless at the moment. Luhan slowly get up and still maintain his expression. “Just because you’re blind, doesn’t mean that we’ll go easy on you.” said Yixing, mocking Luhan as he splash water to him. “YAH!!” Luhan shouts as water get in to his eyes, and he rub his eyes. He then explodes and splash water to all directions, making all of them scream because of the water splash.

                Luhan laughs followed by the others laugh. Kris and Chanyeol splash water on Luhan without mercy making him stumble backward, and it makes Luhan laugh about how miserable himself at the moment. Luhan then randomly grab a legs beside him, which is Kai’s and pull it, making Kai falls down and makes a big splash on the water. “KIM ING LUHAN.” Kai was the one keeping his own image, that he didn’t want to get fully wet, but it was before Luhan grabbed his legs.

                You and the others laugh so much over the situation, as Kai and Luhan fighting on the water. You don’t think you ever laughed this much on the past days. The sight of Luhan and your friends laughing happily makes you really happy. But still, you think if Hyura was here everything would be perfect. You shook your head lightly as you erase the sad feeling again, not wanting it to ruin your happiness at the moment.

               

 

                After the sunset, everyone comeback together to the mansion, and they immediately go to their rooms to take a bath while you go to the kitchen, to make the dinner. You’re having a hard time at deciding whether to cook what for them. Cooking for 12 guys isn’t easy either, and it’ll need time. You’re sure they’re really hungry and not willing to wait.

                After while you decide to just make Spaghetti for dinner since it’s quite easy. You take out the ingredients from the refrigerator and start to cook. One by one, the boys come to the downstair and go to the kitchen. “What are you cooking, Hyerim? It smells so good.” Xiumin curiously peeking from your back. “Honestly, when do you ever say a food doesn’t smell good? Every food smells good for you, Xiumin.” Chen responds, and his words make you laugh lightly.

                Xiumin rolls his eyes as he joins Chen, Baekhyun, Tao, and  sitting at the table. The others will still call you by your name when Luhan isn’t around. You can hear that the others are coming closer as they’re making a loud noises. “I swear, I really swear when I get recovered later, you’ll all be dead.” Luhan still making a big deal over them throwing him to the beach awhile ago as all of them take a seat at the table.

                “Oh, just shut up, will you, Luhan.” Yixing who’s sitting beside Luhan, responds and Luhan wants to hit Yixing’s head but he gets up immediately. You laugh at them and shook your head lightly. About some minutes after, the dinner is ready and you set it on the table. After it has been settled, Xiumin is the first one who grabs the food (of course), followed by the others.

                You’re the last one and you sit beside Luhan. Everyone is enjoying the food and you can’t help but feel worry if they don’t like the taste. “Hmm, it’s really delicious.” said Baekhyun followed by the others’ nods, and you let out a relieve sigh. “I didn’t know you can cook..” Luhan says as he’s smiling, proud.  “I’m not really good at it.” You chuckle shyly and continue eating.

                “You never cooked when we were going together like this.” said Luhan as he’s eating the spaghetti, enjoyable. “It was her who cooked us Kimbap when we went to Hawaii!!” Tao yells softly and you and the others don’t realize where this conversation can lead into. “It wasn’t Hyura. It was Hyerim…” Luhan purses his brows, and you freeze on spot. Everyone stop eating and stare at each other uneasily.

                Tao mouthing you and the others a ‘sorry’ as Kris and Yixing roll their eyes at him. “Uh.. Tao forgot that it was Hyerim.. Right Tao?” Suho saves the situation as he gives Tao a warning gaze. “Yes! Sorry, I forgot that it was Hyerim.” Tao tries to convince Luhan, and thankfully seems like Luhan doesn’t feel the tense atmosphere a moment ago. He slowly nods and continues eating.

 There’s a sad gaze on his face though, as he remembers about you. He feels sad that he thinks you aren’t here with him, and he feels really disappointed towards you. He hopes that everything wouldn’t turn into like this. He never wanted it.