Chapter 24

Spur Winter

 

It’s been two days already that you and the others staying at Jeju. Time flies so fast and you’re glad that Luhan’s friends have been making him laugh and happy. Today though, they need to go back to Seoul because they didn’t take time off from the college, like you and Luhan.

                You them towards the cars, while Luhan stays inside the house. “Guys.. If you hear any news about Hyura, can you please inform me?” you somehow feel worry about Hyura. No matter what, she’s still your friend, and having no news about her making you sad. “We’ll definitely tell you.” Suho gives you a reassuring smile and you nod. He always manage to make you feel calm,  that’s why you’re really close to him.

                “I still couldn’t believe she just left Luhan like that.” Chen sighs as he shook his head. “I didn’t know she’s actually that kinda of girl.” Chanyeol whispers as he feels really disappointed at Hyura. “She was only out of her mind, I’m sure. She’s.. not that kind of girl.” you try to insist them that Hyura isn’t that kind of girl, you don’t want your friends hate her. “Whatever, I just can’t see her the same way again.” with that Sehun turns his body and get into the car. He will hate everyone who hurts Luhan, whoever they are, he will hate them.

                Suho gives you a sorry smile about Sehun’s behavior, and you can only nod. You understand that, since  Sehun is really close with Luhan. After that, all of them get into the cars one by one. You stand there until their cars leave the mansion’s yard, before you go inside the mansion. You see Luhan sitting on the sofa, patiently waiting for you. His gaze is empty, and he looks really fragile. You let out a desperate sigh, you don’t like it at all to see him at this state.

 

**

 

                “Since when she started hiding her feeling, Suho?” Kris who’s driving, suddenly break the silence in the car. “What??” Suho is confused about what he’s asking and a frown appears on his face. “Oh come one, Since when Hyerim likes Luhan, Suho?” Chanyeol asks, straight to the point as he rolls his eyes. Suho’s body become stiff for a moment. He didn’t expect his friends would find about it.

“Oh my god, Hyerim likes Luhan??” Kyungsoo stares at them with his big eyes and the others roll their eyes. “Please, kyungsoo. It’s really obvious.” said Kai. “The way she looks at him. The way she takes care of him. The way she looks sad when Luhan feels sad. I saw it all ever since we stayed at Luhan’s mansion.” Kris continues, and Suho sighs. He thinks it’s not necessary anymore to hide the fact.

“You guys.. are so late. She has liked him for so long..” Suho’s expression becomes sad, as he remembers how much you’re hurting all these times. “She never tell anyone about it, because she’s shy, and she knew that Hyura likes him too.. and.. She realized that Luhan likes Hyura too.” there’s only silence as the others listening to Suho.

“She didn’t even tell me.. It was only me who realized it in the first place.” Suho lets out a shaky breath as he remembers when he asked you for the first time about your feeling to Luhan. “She even helped Luhan to be with Hyerim, right?.. I didn’t know she must’ve been in pain all these times.” said Kris, he feels sad for you.

“But.. I thought she’s Myungsoo’s girlfriend.” Sehun is rather confused. Still, if he knew that everything would turn like this, he would do anything to help Hyerim with Luhan. “Yeah.. There’s something odd about it.  I feel like she’s hiding something from me.. I’ll know about it soon though.” Suho is also confused about you and Myungsoo. He’s 100% sure that Myungsoo likes you, but he’s not sure about your feeling towards him. He’ll find out about it, though, as always.

 

**

 

                It’s 11 pm and both of you and Luhan are already sleeping. You were sleeping comfortably, before a loud shards of glass can be heard from the downstair. You get up abruptly, your hands are on your chest. “What is that?..” you whisper to yourself before you get up from your bed and slowly walk out of your room.

                You walk slowly and carefully to the downstair, your heart thumping hard as you’re wondering what will you see. You walk to the living room, only to find no one and then you carefully walk towards the kitchen. As you peek to the kitchen, there is definitely a glimpse of a person’s back and you’re feeling scared all of sudden. It’s really dark so you can’t see who is it..

                You decide to walk really carefully and turn on the lamp. Your scared feeling disappears as you see that it’s actually Luhan. He’s bending down to clean up the broken glass but you run towards him and hold his body to get him up. “Luhan.. what are you doing at this late night..” your worry grows bigger as you imagining Luhan walked to downstair by himself.

                “I’m sorry.. I was feeling thirsty so I went to downstair to drink.” Luhan’s gaze is hollow and you just want to hug him. “You could just ask me to bring you the water..” you sigh as you clean up his hands. “I just.. I didn’t want to disturb you.” said Luhan as he bites his lips. “I’m here to help you with everything, Luhan. So, you can just ask me everything, okay?” with that you lead him to sit on one of the chair and tell him to wait as you clean up for the broken glass.

                “Let’s go upstair.” you said after you finished cleaning up everything, but Luhan pulls his hand. “I’m sorry, Hyura.” Luhan’s gaze is really sad that you bite your lips. “What are you sorry about? You didn’t do anything wrong..” you give him a reassuring smile, despite that he’s blind. “I didn’t want to troublesome people around me, so I tried to practice to do anything on my own.” Luhan’s words are really desperate and it breaks your heart.

                “I feel so hopeless.. I hate it, Hyura. I hate feeling so weak like this.” your heart breaks a thousand pieces as a single tear streams down his cheeks. All this time he must’ve been holding it, about how he’s breaking inside. More tears streaming down his cheeks, and you’re unable to open your mouth. Tears coming down from your eyes because you hate to see Luhan broken like this.

                You bend down until your face on a spare with Luhan’s and you erase the tears from his face and cup his face. “Everything is going to be alright soon, Luhan. Didn’t I tell you before? I’ll always be here, it’s okay..” you try as best as you can to prevent your sobs. A sigh escapes from Luhan’s face, he puts his hand above your hand and he leans a bit as he kisses the your palm.

                Your heart beats so fast, and you hold your breath. For a moment there’s only silence, before you break it. “Now, we both need to sleep. So, let’s go upstair.” you smile softly and take his hands, both of you walk slowly together. “Hyura,” Luhan calls,  and you turn your head. “Yes?”. Luhan looks unsure for a moment, and you raise your brows. “I know this probably doesn’t sound right, but.. can you sleep with me?..” you chuckle as Luhan suddenly becomes nervous. “Of course, you’re still the bad boy.” you but Luhan frowns. “No! It’s not like that.. I mean-“.

                “Yes, I understand. I was just kidding, Luhan.” you chuckle softly because Luhan stuttered while talking. After you agree, he lets out a relief sigh. “You’re also still the bad girl, after all.” Luhan smirks, and you raise your brows. A sad gaze appears on your face because a moment ago you were too enjoying your moment with Luhan that you didn’t realize that you’re Hyura for him, actually.

                You shook your head lightly to clear up your sad feeling. “Fine, I won’t sleep with you.” you leave him standing there and Luhan shouts. “Hey! I’m just kidding.” you laugh and immediately go to him again. Both of you are laughing together until you enter Luhan’s room.