Alive

The Ex-Girlfriend

 

A/N: you guys are so mean!!!! ;____; why are you all laughing? sooji died lol



 

 

Sooji's POV

I open my eyes and all I see is blinding whiteness. Who was that? A ghost? And I opened my eyes? So I’m a ghost now too? I looked around and everything was blurry but I can see a shadowy figure. The one who called me.

“She’s awake!” The figure squeals.

Huh? Wait, are there other ghosts here too? Figures, which I assume are ghosts, surrounded me. Wow. So there’s a ghost council now? This is so cool! Being dead is cool! OH YEAH!!! HAHAHAHA FOR EVERYONE WHO IS ALIVE! Being dead is fun.

Being a ghost is fun. There’s a ghost council and they’ll welcome you like this.

“Sooji, can you talk?” Another one asks.

Of course. Wait, that didn’t come out of my mouth. I tried to talk again but I couldn’t. My blurred vision gradually became clearer and I realized that I was surrounded by nine girls.

EH???

 “Sooji, can you see us?” Sooyoung waves her hand in front of me. SOOYOUNG?!?! Is she dead too? Is she a ghost? She died? Why? I never knew.

“I’ll go get the doctor.” Seohyun runs the door.

“Y—you—r—you’re gho...sts too?” I manage to say in my weak voice. Uckkk I sound like an old lady. Maybe my spirit is adjusting.

“What? NO!” Taeyeon guffaws, “You’re alive Sooji.”

And then it hit me. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I’m alive?!??! Wait I should be happy right? I’m alive!!! I’m ALIVE HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I am in the hospital and there were bandages wrapped around my head, arms and legs. I’M A MUMMY!!! I was reincarnated to a mummy!!!

“Look at this kid…” Jessica snickers, “We had to hurry to the hospital to visit you. Why did you do that? Are you crazy?”

“Now’s not the time to scold her, Jessi.” Tiffany fiddles with my bandage, “Your husband was really worried but he had to go to an event. He always watched over you did you know that?”

“How long have I been unconscious?” I ask them. So I was just unconscious? Psh… I thought I was dead already.

“A week or less?” Hyoyeon shrugs, “Next time if you commit suicide make sure you’ll die!”

“YAH!” Yoona whacks her head.

“Sure. I’ll drink bleach and kill myself with a gun.” I smirk, “Or maybe I’ll jump off the Namsan Tower.”

“Aish… you’re saying nonsense!” Sunny flicks my forehead, “Uncle was so worried about you! Auntie came too and she was really worried. What made you think that suicide is the solution, huh? ARE YOU CRAZY!!! So many people were worried about you. Your parents were crying. Jongin’s parents were crying too. And Jongin and Baekhyun and Luhan and everyone were crying!!!”

Yoona holds Sunny’s arms and consoles her.

“I’m sorry.” I chew on my lip. I’ve never been scolded by anyone like that. Only Sunny does that. When I was younger, she scolded me a lot. But I’m quite thankful. I really need proper scolding to get my wicked head right.

“Everyone was really worried. Especially Baekhyun.” Sooyoung sighs, “He’s really worried about you. He stayed here and watched over you. Although right now, it’s quite urgent so he has to leave.”

“The doctor’s here.” Seohyun comes back with the doctor.

 

Baekhyun’s POV

Luhan and I kept fighting that we didn’t notice Sooji has gone missing. We threw punches at each other and I used my hapkido skills against him until the both of us fall down on the floor.

“Hey, where’s Sooji?” Luhan looks around.

“Oh shoot.” I stand up and run looking for where she is. I press on the elevator button multiple times and walk in circles with Luhan. While walking, I passed the stairway and saw a heartbreaking sight.

It was Sooji lying on the floor lifelessly with blood surrounding her.

“LUHAAAAAN!!!!” I yell at him and run to Sooji. “LUHAN HYUNG CALL THE AMBULANCE!!!”

“Why?” Luhan comes and he gulps. “SOOJI! BAEKHYUN!!! WAAAAAH OH MY CONFUCUS  fngjkfjklhdfkjg! Wait wait.”

Luhan calls an ambulance and calls the other members to come. They grew frantic and instead of waiting for that damn slow ambulance, we took the van and rushed her to the hospital.

“Please, please, don’t die.” I hold onto her hand, crying. She can’t die like this. There’s so much for her. Lord please, let her live. I promise I’ll be a better husband to her. I regret those things I said about her. “Yah!! Sooji wake up. Don’t die. You still have to learn how to cook for me. You have to attend your university classes. You’ve been absent for a very long time.”

Chanyeol places a hand on my shoulder. ‘m not normally like this and Chanyeol knows that. We’re both always laughing, joking, being noisy and annoying. But we’re never emotional like this. Chanyeol was emotional once. I even laughed at those who broke up with their girlfriends because they look funny.

They stared blankly on space and then later, tears would fall out from their eyes. Yixing hyung was the notable one. He was sobbing and breaking down. I couldn’t help but laugh at him.

But now, look who’s crying. Look who’s hurting. Look who’s in pain. Me. I never thought I’d be able to feel this way too.

The van pulled over in front of the hospital and they took an unused stretcher and I placed Sooji there. We rushed her to the emergency room and the doctors and nurses started attending to us.

“Sir, you’re not allowed inside.” The nurse halts me to a stop.



 

 

Hours later, she was transferred to a hospital room and her father came with a woman in his age. It must be Sooji’s mother. I haven’t seen Sooji’s mom. She wasn’t there during the wedding either. We greeted them and moved back to our seats waiting for the doctor to permit us to visit Sooji.

At least she’s not dead but unconscious. I’d rather live with that. I’ll wait for her to wake up.

“Baekhyun,” Luhan approaches me, “I’m sorry.”

“Me too, hyung.” I wipe my tears and pat him on the shoulder. I extend my hand out and smile, “Friends?”

“Friends.” He smiles back and shakes my hand.

“Finally BaekHan.” Suho claps to himself and the doctor exits Sooji’s room.

“Are the patient’s parents here?” The doctor asks, looking around. Mr. and Mrs. Lee stand up and walk to him.

“Can we visit Sooji now?” Jongin whispers. He pats Kyungsoo’s thigh and says, “Let’s ask him.” They walk to the doctor and Jongin awkwardly pokes the doctor’s shoulder. “Can we visit her now?”

The doctor nodded.

“Yes!!!” We cheer and made a run for the door. Sooji is sleeping, bandages were wrapped around her head, arms and legs making her look like a mummy. I wonder why she did that?

“Idiot…” I mumble, “Look what happened now.”

 “Hyung, what are comatoes?” Sehun scratches his head, “I heard the doctor say comatoes.”

“Food?” Xiumin shrugs.

“I think it’s food.” I answer, “Because comatoes… tomoatoes… potatoes…”

“Yah! Stupid! It’s comatose. C O M A T O S E!!!” Kris slaps our heads, “Stupid idiots. That’s her state right now.”

Oh… comatose.

Each night I kept watching over her, praying that she’d wake up soon. I’m getting worried. What if she stays like that forever? What if she doesn’t wake up anymore?

“Yah mummy, you still have to wake up.” I jab her forehead softly, “Stop sleeping. You’ve been sleeping for a week. Don’t you want to wake up, huh?”

“Oyyyy Sooji wake up! I’m going to watch Pororo!!! Doraa!!!! Spongebob!!! Barney!!!” I keep shouting different cartoon characters so she’ll wake up. “Pocoyo!!! Teletubbies!!! Adventure time? Sooji, wake up. We’re going to watch cartoons!!! MR. BEAN!!”

 

No One’s POV

“Aren’t you going home to sleep?” Luhan peeks his head inside the room.

“Nah, hyung.”

“But you’re tired already.” He frowns and walks in, “Don’t you want to rest for a while? She’ll wake up soon.”

“I need to be here when she wakes up.”

“Okay.” Luhan sits on the couch, “I’ll watch over you instead.”

“Huh?”

“In case you fall asleep, I’ll take over.” Luhan grins and plays a random game on his phone.

“Uhm hyung…” Baekhyun tries to find the words to say. He wanted to know straight from Luhan. Not that he needed confirmation but it would be better if his ‘rival’ admits it to him. “Does Sooji—”

“Really love you?” The older guy scoffs and subtly looks up from his phone. “Hmm… how do I say this? Let me ask you a few questions.” He snaps his fingers, “Did you, the night before Sooji… yeah, come?”

Baekhyun nods.

“Hmm… did you bring Jambaluja?”

“Yeah.”

“SO YOU SAW ME SLEEPING ON YOUR COUCH??!?!” Luhan cups his own cheeks and drops his jaw. Baekhyun snickers and the retarded pedo-deer calms down, “Okay I was kidding but yeah I did sleep on your couch.”

“Pedo.” Baekhyun mumbles.

“Hey, I was just keeping your wife company. There, I said it. YOUR. WIFE.” Luhan blows a raspberry, “But well, the morning after that night she was screaming and squealing and going loco. She’s talking to Jambaluja like ‘Baekhyun oppa brought you here right?’

“She called me oppa?” Baekhyun gawks at Luhan.

“Something like that but not like that.” He grins from ear to ear, “And of course without the oppa.”

“I swear hyung I’m going to—”

“Break my face?” Luhan shakes his head. “Grow some balls man.” He chuckles and Baekhyun laughs with him. “But seriously dude, she’s madly in love with you. Hard to admit but, tsk… as if I can still do something about that.”



 

 

“When is Baekhyun going to visit me?” You whine to yourself. Girls’ Generation had to go for their schedule and no one was free to watch over you, even EXO. “They’re not even giving me a phone call.”

“Good evening Sooji.” The nurse comes in, bringing a food tray. She meekly places it on the side table and assembles a small table on your bed. “How are you feeling?”

“Not fine. Are you going to feed me?” You barely look at her. She smiles and shakes her head, “Oh good. Then can you get my phone or can I use your phone?”

“Uhh… okay…sure.” She places the food tray on the table and slips her hand inside her pocket, fishing out her phone.

“What’s his phone number again…” You bite on your lip, staring at the nurse’s phone. You keep on thinking what his phone number might be but you really don’t know. “Ah maybe Jongin…”

To: 000000000jongin

Kim Jongin give this is Baekhyun or die.

Oii Baekhyun, get your here. I’m awake now.

-          S O O J I

“Thanks.” You give her phone back and dug on your food, “Tsk… WHAT KIND OF FOOD IS THIS!!!”

 


no replies bc all of you are mean to sooji :c HAHAHAHA