Jambaluja

The Ex-Girlfriend

No one’s POV

Baekhyun, together with Chanyeol, D. O. and Suho a.k.a. the oldies, arrived at the dorm while you were in the middle of an intense video game with Kai. And Sehun was plopped on the couch, watching you and Kai play and cheat, like always.

“Oh Mrs. Byun is here too!” Kyungsoo piped in, “So that’s why Jongin wanted to go home early.”

“YAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!” Kai shouted, his body tilting just like the car on the television screen. “Ha! Got you there loser!”

“You wish!” You stuck your tongue out and purposely hit Kai’s shoulder. He lost controller of the controller and pressed the wrong keys.

"Foul play.” Sehun mumbled, “It’s a surprise Jaewon let you guys off. I almost thought we would let Jiji sleep over. But yeah, you guys came. The dorm shall be safe, for now, although we wouldn’t get the rooms for ourselves. Tch… oh I feel the irony.” 

“Jiji…” Baekhyun mumbled, almost inaudible.

“What is this weirdo saying?” Chanyeol shot the maknae a confused look and shook his head.

“He probably thought he’ll finally have someone to talk to because we came.” Baekhyun smirked and turned to Suho, “Hyung… is maknae here?”

“Didn’t we leave him in the practice room when we sneaked out from Jaewon?” Suho, with his convincing act, tilted his head to the side.

Sehun grumbled in the sofa and stood up to hit Suho and Baekhyun, “HYUN—”

“DIRTY PLAYER!!!!” You stood up and hit Kai’s head with the controller, making him grimace in pain. “You cheated!”

“You cheated first!” Kai defended himself as he rubbed the bump on his head.

“Doesn’t matter. You cheated.” You rolled your eyes and threw the controller on the floor.

“I’m doing homework.” Sehun shuffled into his and Suho’s bedroom

You had a cynical smile plastered across your face when you saw Sehun innocently entering his room, not sure whatever’s in there for him. You dusted your pajamas and left, “I’m going home. I have class tomorrow.”

“It’s a miracle!!!” Chanyeol flailed his arms, squealing.

“Me too. Byeeee!!!” Baekhyun beamed, waving his hands like he was saying goodbye to a gazillion of fans.

“Bye Sooji!” The boys chorused, ignoring Baekhyun’s farewell.

 

Your POV

Aish aish aish. I can’t believe I lost that game to Jongin. I have done exceptionally well…

 

 

 

 

 

…in cheating and yet he won! Tsk… this is the first time were going to battle after two years of separation. And he won! Dammit. He finally scored against me. He used to be a loser back then. A sore loser.

When he played with his friends, classmates, Luhan and Taemin, he scored and won of course. But when it comes to me, he barely scored.

Of course, I win the games.

Always.

I never lose.

Because

I

Cheat.

And now I lost! My first ever defeat. The undefeated champion is finally defeated by a chimpanzee! Everybody go die in a fire –Wait! That’s impossible because it’s snowing so…

EVERYBODY GO DIE IN A HAILSTORM!

And I hope everyone, except me, gets hypothermia especially Baekhyun because he’s so ugly he needs to shoo-shoo.

“Yah! Do I have to send you to a halfway home?” Baekhyun destroyed my Seoul train station of thoughts. “It’s not bad to smile. But smiling for no reason at all, that’s another story.”

“This place is worse than a halfway home because I’m with you so just shut up and don’t mind me.” I snapped at him and ran to my dog.

Oh yeah.

My dog…

…is still nameless.

Poor dog, when will you get a name?

“Baekhyun, can you give me a good name for a dog?” I asked him for help. He probably knows because he’s a dog. Therefore, he’s experienced with dogs, pets and animals.

“For him?” Baekhyun pointed to my dog.

“Oh… no. For me.” I pointed to myself, “Of course for him. Do we have another dog here or you’ve finally accepted that you’re a dog? And you’re supposed to be in a dog pound not here because I’d really throw you out the window now.”

“Chill. You know it gets creepy when you talk so much because your voice is so monotone.” He complained, “It’s like that whole paragraph you told me was said through P.A. system, in subways.”

“What did you say you ugly man-?” I grumbled. He insulted my voice! I stood up and lurched forward ready to scramble him. “RAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Baekhyun grew alarmed and the next thing I knew, we were chasing each other around the house, hitting different things in the process.

“YA!!!! GET BACK HERE !” I shouted, running hot in his tail.

“AHHHHHHH!!!!” Baekhyun screamed, “HELP HELP HELP!!”

“No one’s going to help you loser!” I smirked and reached out my hand to the hem of his shirt.

“AAACCCK!” Baekhyun yelped.

GOTCHA!

I jumped up to his back and wrapped my legs around his stomach. “Wooooooh! I got you, horsey!”

“Get off my back!!!” He whined. “Yah!! Sooojii, you’re heavy!”

“I DON’T CARE!” I stuck my tongue out and started punching his back. “HA! Ha! HA! HA! What did you say? My voice sounds like it was said through P. A. system?”

“I-oww–ju–oww–said that your voice is mon–OW!–tone. OWWW!!” Baekhyun said in between ‘owws’ that made him sound like a dog. “Sooji!! Stop this! My ba—”

“Can’t hear you over the sound of my awesomeness.” I chuckled and continued to punch his back. That continued until, I was suddenly hoisted up and shifted. I was now face to face with Byun Baekhyun.

I gulped.

Our faces were so close.

And this has been the closest proximity I have ever been with anyone.

The proximity was just… too close for comfort.

“I –I’m getting down.” I awkwardly spoke, untangling my legs.

“Nah…” He took my legs to his arms and wrapped it tightly around him. “Not until you swear you're not going to punch me again.”

I looked away so I won’t have to fall into the misery of being this close to someone, let alone a dog. “Ok fine. I swear I’m not going to punch you again. Just let me down now.”

“Say it to my face!” He made me face him by the light tap on my cheek. “Are you that insincere?”

I turned to face him. Wrong move. Here it goes again. We were still that close. Ewwwwwwww. My insides were burning like wildfire. I could already imagine sweat dropping from my forehead.

“U-uh… IswearI’mnotgoingtopunchyoueveragain!” I hurriedly said and forcefully got down before running to the bedroom with a snare drum for a heart. “Bye Baekhyun!”

 

Baekhyun’s POV

I chuckled to myself when she ran into the room. She was really nervous. BWAHAHAHAHHA. Who knew this meanie had proximity issues?

She looks so cute and awkward.

“Seems like we found out a little something about your mom, huh?” I ruffled the dog’s head.

“Hey! Hey! I’ve thought of a name, now!” She opened the door and peeked her head out through the opening, “JAMBALUJA!”

I choked on my saliva.

What the sadfghjk did she say?

“Say what?” I rubbed my throat and ran to the kitchen for a glass of water. Oh dear, I think I’m gonna die. Oh shoot help. Is this the apocalypse?

After gulping down the glass of water, I regain all my senses. Oh thank God. I almost died.

“Hey, you okay?” She laughed wryly, still inside the room with her head peeked out. My expression softened. Her laugh wasn’t boisterous as it is all the time, not fake either it was somehow just plain but something in that laugh made it more special.

Shoot. What am I talking about?

Forget that I said that.

Erase. Erase.

“As I was saying, he’s named now!” She ended and shut the door close.

“Pfft… I pity you… like so much.” I looked at the dog sympathetically, who wasn’t aware about his new name. “Jambababa…”

“It’s Jambaluja!” The dog tutted.

 

 


 

A/N: HIII! Have you watched SNSD's Dancing Queen mv and the I Got A Boy teaser?!?!! //dead!! sorry hardcore sone here lol

@onewphew: hahahaha thanks

@Vip0202: okay sure! but i'm not an expert in graphics so don't expect too much :)

@JonzkMaalum: hahahahah cute mo pmsl

@Promi53ToB3li3v3: sure ^^

@pandagirl753: HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA we'll see

@lei-jjang: belated happy birthday! :> FULL OF REVENGEEE

@han_byul: awww... lol i can! funny //derp face

@capitalHS: eeeeeeeep me too T_____T they're so itchy!! i mean everyone has but the PAIN HOGOOOD ><