Regrets

The Ex-Girlfriend

 

“Nonsense.” Baekhyun scoffs and pry my arms off him. He walks away and leaves one last sentence, “Maybe you can tell that lie to Luhan later.”

I fall onto my knees and cry. There’s nothing I could do. He thinks that I’m such a bad person. Why did I even use him in the first place? Why would I use someone for revenge? Why am I this cruel?

They say time will come when you feel so sad and down and you just want to cut yourself. Maybe that time is tonight. I just want to lock myself inside the bathroom, break the mirror and cut myself until I die of blood loss.

“I give up.” I sigh, “This is done. It’s over.”

BARK!

“And you just had to appear.” I glare at the white fluffy dog, running to me. He rubs his face onto my thighs and I continue to cry. “Why can’t Baekhyun be like you? No matter how hard I insult and hurt you, you still come to me and rub your manic face on me?”

Because Baekhyun’s human.

“Why am I worked up with him leaving me? It’s not like he’s going to be miles away, right?” I chuckle. Oh look who’s a maniac now? I laugh at myself, wiping my tears. I look so pathetic. “He’s just staying at the dorm.”

Or not.

I stand up and lock the apartment before going to the lower floor with Jambaluja where Exo’s dorm is. I ring the doorbell and an anxious Minseok greets me.

“Sooji!” He exhales, “Do you know where Baek—oh…” He trails off, noticing my red puffy eyes. He ushers me and Jambaluja in. “Baekhyun came a few minutes ago and punched Luhan.”

“He what?” My eyes almost fell out from its sockets.

Baekhyun punched Luhan?

But he doesn’t even look like the person who knows how to punch!! Oh, wait according to that Exo fanbase, Baekhyun has great hapkido skills. Then, he would’ve kicked Luhan.

“Yeah, Luhan’s spitting blood right now.” He tsks and shakes his head. “Never knew that kid could punch. What happened?”

“Sooji thank god you’re here.” Sehun runs to me, placing his hands on my shoulders. “We need an explanation—you cried?”

I nod slightly. “What happened?”

“We just arrived and then Baekhyun comes and punches Luhan on the jaw.” Lay narrates, “Luhan was supposed to fight back but Chanyeol held him and Baekhyun ran away. Just like that.”

“Dude, Luhan’s pissed!” Suho walks out of the bathroom, looking panicky.

On cue, Luhan stomps his way out of the bathroom, red-faced and completely mad. “WHERE THE HELL IS THAT BYUN BAEK—Sooji?”

I stare at Luhan and suddenly cry. Not because of Luhan’s current condition but because Baekhyun punched him because of me. I’ve only known my husband for a couple of months but I know him enough to say he wouldn’t punch Luhan. AND HE DID BECAUSE I USED HIM.

I am in deep trouble.

Jongin panics and takes me to his arms, rubbing my back. “Shush, don’t cry.”

“Wait! I’m confused.” Chen scratches his temples, “What is going on? Why is Sooji crying? Why did Baekhyun punch Luhan? Why is Luhan punched by Baekhyun? What’s with the three of you that we don’t know?”

“Apparently, Luhan and Sooji are ex-couples.” Chanyeol blurts.

I drop my shoulders. I’m too preoccupied with crying to deal with Chanyeol.

“Cha—ugh…” Jongin scoffs, “Continue.”

“Okay.” He shrugs dismissively as if it was nothing. “Yeah, so we all know Baekhyun was arranged to Sooji and Sooji was a—yeah… Then Luhan here still likes Sooji. And Baekhyun likes Sooji too, wait no that’s not the word. Uhm… deeply in love? MADLY IN LOVE? HAHAHHAHAHA…”

“Chanyeol this is a serious matter.” D. O. scolds that creepy giant.

“Okay sorry. Let me continue. Now, Sooji…’s feelings are unknown.” He frowns, “No offense, Lulu hyung but I really like the idea of Sooji and Baekhyun. DOATS.”

“Somebody tape him to the ceiling!” D. O. covers his face and continues petting Jambaluja.

“Sorry guys, too tall. Too tall.” He jeers.

Oh Chanyeol.

“But that’s all I know. I don’t know why Sooji is crying.” He shakes his head.

“Useless.” Lay rolls his eyes. “Whoever knows what’s going on, tell me so I can tell the neighbors about this!”

“ARGH!!! STOP! STOP OKAY!” I push Jongin away and yell. “I used Baekhyun, okay? I used him for revenge on Luhan. Yeah, you!!!” I charge at Luhan and slap his shoulders, “I hate you!! THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT! HA! If you didn’t happen, I wouldn’t use him. He wouldn’t get mad at me.” I sob helplessly, “UWAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! He hates me now.”

“Take her away before she punches Luhan too!” Xiumin worriedly says, pushing Chen.

“Eh… why me??” Chen scrambles away, “She might hurl a couch at me.”

“What’s happening here guys?” Tao wakes up from his beauty sleep with Gucci, dumbfounded. “Wait... why are you crying? WHO MADE HER CRY?”

“Uh oh.” Sehun makes a face and sits on the couch. “I’m not at fault.”

And so Jongin ends up telling them what happened. What really happened. The whole thing. No cuts, no additions. Just the real deal. While I sit beside Suho, who kept consoling me because I kept sobbing silently.

“So where is Baekhyun now?” Tao interjects.

 

No One’s POV

“Let’s sleep now guys. It’s been a long day. I’m sure Baekhyun’s fine, wherever he is right now.” Suho says, being the leader he always is. “And remember to tuck yourselves properly. I don’t want to tuck you in when I come to check you.”

“I’ll accompany Sooji.” Kai informs and pats your shoulder. “Let’s go.”

“I’ll come with you.” His roommate, D. O. follows with Jambaluja.

 


 

 

“Are you okay?” D. O. asks you, sitting on the bed. Kai was outside of the bedroom, trying to let Jambaluja stay on the couch.

“Obviously not.” You deadpan. “I’ve really gotten overboard, huh?”

“Then why did you use him?”

You bit on your lip and shrug, “All I knew back then was to get back on Luhan. Funny how I’ve done a lot of horrible things and even more horrible things than this but this is the only thing I regret.”

“Sooji-ah, sleep now.” Kai comes in and pulls D. O. out of the room. “We’ll be staying outside.”

You nod and slip inside the duvet but you weren’t going to sleep. You kept on thinking about Baekhyun, regretting everything you've done. 

 


 

 

“Thank you, sir.” Baekhyun bows.

“You’re welcome.” The old man smiles, “And please, call me appa. We’re already family.”

“Okay.” Baekhyun shrugs.

“I’ll reconsider your resignation tomorrow. Think about it too.” He gives Baekhyun a pat on the shoulder, “I’m sorry about my daughter. It’s my fault. If I didn’t meddle with their relationship…”

 

 


 

A/N: no replies for tonight sorry :( i just sneaked out to update because my exams are in four days ;~~~~~;