Antebellum

The Ex-Girlfriend

“Hyung, when’s Sooji coming back? You’re being a nuisance here!” Sehun complained, having, yet again, no place at the couch because the ten older men were comfortably seated on the two couches. “I’m tired of sitting on the floor! My hurts horribly!”

“Yeah, why don’t you just go home and be a loner, huh, gege?” Tao seconded, being in the same state as Sehun.

“Why don’t we just hang out at your house?” Luhan beamed, his doe eyes sparkling. “You owe us a tour in your new home. I heard no one has ever gone there, except Chanyeol!”

“Yeah, not even me! Let’s go hyung!” Kai shoot up from his seat. Sehun and Tao, who weren’t listening to the conversation, found the chance to sit on the couch. They made a run for the space, their hyungs left. A nanosecond pass, and they realized that the others were heading out of the dorm.

“Oh man!” Tao sighed, “To think we are ever going to get to sit here freely!”

“Where are they going again?” Sehun furrowed his brows, “Can’t we just stay here, hyung?”

“Let’s just stay!!!” Tao grinned, “Do you want to see my newest Gucci bag?”

 


 

“Huwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw!” Luhan dumbly dropped his jaw when they walked, more like run, inside the apartment. “This is much much more bigger than your dorm, our dorm and our dorm in China!”

“Of course!  Sooji is royalty, bro.” Xiumin puffed his cheeks. “Why am I not Lee Sooman-nim’s daughter?”

“Because you’re a boy?” Lay scoffed, rolling his eyes. He plopped himself to the couch, taking the remote control in hand and turning the TV on. A familiar cartoon song was playing on the screen. “Crap! What the fudge is this?? Who watches this?”

Barney is a dinosaur…

“Hey! T-that’s n-not me!!!!” Baekhyun whined, defending himself. “I don’t even watch the television because she’s got control of it.”

“Oh really?” Suho shot him a judging look.

“Byun Baekhyun… I can never look at you in the same way.” Kris shook his head, “Barney…? Hahahahaha! I knew you had a thing for the purple dinosaur.”

“NOOOO! I don’t watch that, hyung! It’s Sooji!” He cried, “Ask Joning! He knows that!!! She even has a DVD collection of Dora the Explorer.”

“How could we believe you if we don’t even know who Joning is?” Kai raised his eyebrows. But he knew Baekhyun was pertaining to him. Just that the boy was tensed, he couldn’t execute his words properly. Kai also knew that Sooji likes watching cartoons, especially Dora.

Luhan also knew but he was in Baekhyun and Sooji’s room. He gawked at the fact that Sooji and Baekhyun slept together in one bed. ‘I thought she didn’t like sharing a bed? I thought she couldn’t sleep whenever someone is sleeping with her?’

“Is this your room, hyung?” Kai chuckled, entering the room. His eyes grew as large as two Jupiters, when he saw that there was only one bed. “You and Sooji share the same bed?”

Baekhyun nodded, not realizing whatever the problem in there is.

“But s-she p-prom—you! Did you two do it?” Kai charged at Baekhyun, looking menacingly. “HOW FREQUENT? DID YOU USE PROTECTION? Oh gourd, ARE YOU EVEN READY TO BE A FATHER? WEREN’T YOU THI—”

Baekhyun snorted and laughed miserably, doubling over like a goose on ecstasy.

“What’s so funny about that, huh?” Luhan’s eyes grew. “SHE’S TOO YOUNG! SHE’S JUST 18! HOW COULD YOU???”

“We didn’t do anything…” Baekhyun chortled, “…yet.”

Luhan was about to throw a punch on Baekhyun’s face when Kris held on Luhan’s wrist, shooting him a look to calm down.

“I was kidding. We haven’t done anything. And we’d never. Not now. Not in a million years. Not ever!” Baekhyun cringed, thinking if he did that with you. Gross. “No offense but she’s gross! She snores when she’s sooo tired. Ewww. I don’t even like her.”

“She’s hot though…” Luhan trailed off. “And likeable. I don’t see the reason why you can’t like her.”

“She’s mean and ugly. That’s enough reason.” Baekhyun smirked.

“Do you like Sooji?” D.O. raised his eyebrow at Luhan.

“Yeah…” Luhan sighed and realized what he just uttered. “I-I m-mean, I like her as a friend. That’s why we’re best friends. Hahahahaha…”

“Well, if you are best friends then why did she look mad at you when we came from the airport last time?” Chanyeol crossed his arms, “You didn’t sound like best friends.”

“Uhh…” Luhan was lost for words. He couldn’t tell them that he was Sooji’s ex-boyfriend. That would create total chaos. And he and Baekhyun might get more awkward with each other. Moreover, there might be two battling sides and he didn’t want that. “I did something very disappointing.”

“Oh… I knew it.” Baekhyun shook his head sarcastically. “Then you shouldn’t be called best friend. Worst friend suits you better.”

Luhan let Baekhyun pass, because he knew that boy was naturally sarcastic and mean verbally.

However, in that statement lies the truth. Luhan is the worst friend because he fell for her and broke her heart.

“But you promised!!!” Kai whined on his phone, rolling on the other side of the bed. Yes, he casually let himself lie on the bed without even asking permission from either Baekhyun or Sooji. “You promised that you wouldn’t sleep next to anyone but me! What happened to that, huh?”

“I didn’t sleep with him on the first night, though. I planned not to share the same bed with him and sleep on the couch instead but I don’t really know how I ended up regularly sharing the same bed with him.” You said in monotone. “Ah! You betrayed me first, though. I know you sleep beside Kyungsoo!”

“But that’s different. Baekhyun’s a guy and he’s your husband. What if you couldn’t control yourselves?”

You cringed on the other line. Yes, there is a possibility that you two might do that. Maybe not now, but in time, maybe you will. That didn’t appeal well to you though. “Like you’ve said, Baekhyun’s my husband. I don’t see anything wrong with that.”

“You mean it’s fine that you have with him?” Kai widened his eyes. Sooji and didn’t fit together in one sentence. If there was, it would be, Sooji is aual. “Yah! Are you falling for Baekhyun already?” He paused and checked if someone was listening to him. He placed a hand on his mouth to prevent the others to hear it and whispered, “Have you fallen out of love with Luhan?”

“Shut up, imbecile. What if they hear you? What if Luhan hears you, huh?” Your voice rose up a bit from the monotonic voice you always used in conversing. “Then, I’m dead. I’m working on my feelings for Luhan okay. For the mean time, I’ll just plot better plans for my revenge.”

Kai stood up from the bed and headed to the balcony to distance himself from the members. “Look, I still think it’s a bad idea to use Baekhyun in your revenge. Hyung might not be a nice guy but he still doesn’t deserve to get used.”

“I know.” You sighed, expressionless. “I’ll be taking that unto my grave forever.”

“Soojin-ah, why do you need to get back on Luhan? I know he insulted you but do you really have to reach to this extent?” Kai asked worriedly, “I think you two should talk about it. Real soon.”

“Never. I don’t talk to strangers.” You scoffed, “Jongin, if you don’t understand me, then I suggest we stop talking. I don’t want to lose you too. Bye.”

 

Your POV

I sighed, ending the phone call with Jongin. I know he can convince me to stop getting revenge on Luhan and he can even tell me not to use Baekhyun on this revenge. He has that impact on me, which I’ll be able to listen to whatever he says.

 If we keep talking, we might get into an argument. And that argument will lead to me losing him. There’s only one person in this world whom I don’t want to lose… Jongin. Before I had three, him, Luhan and Taemin. But I hate Luhan and Taemin… we have drifted apart but of course, we’re still friends. I’m not just attached to him, like how ‘m attached to Kai.

 I can’t afford to lose Kai. He’s not just my best friend. He’s my brother, my mother, my father, my sister, my cousin, my grandparents, my aunt and uncle. He’s the only family I’ve got in this world.

“Why am I being dramatic all of a sudden?” I scoffed bitterly, slipping into a pair of shoes. Maybe I should stop by Mr. Itou’s house.

In my two years of residence in Japan, I lived with Mr. Itou’s family. He’s my father’s distant friend and because I was barely 16 that time, I couldn’t go on independently so he sent me to their house. Mr. and Mrs. Itou took care of me well, despite me being such a burden.

“Sooji-chan?” Sadako, Mr. and Mrs. Itou’s only daughter, beamed running up to me. She’s twelve years old but we got along pretty well.

“Yamamura!” I ruffled her hair harshly. She must’ve taken a haircut. When I first came to their house, I thought I was going to live with a horror character because her hair reached her waist and she barely combed it.

The funny thing is, her name is Sadako.

“Sooji-chan, I already cut my hair! See?” She frowned, taking a part of her hair in her hands and showing it to me. “I even combed it! Now now, why are you here? I thought Sooman-san had you stay in South Korea for good?”

“You don’t want me to visit you?” I glared at her, crossing my arms. “Fine then. I didn’t come for you anyway. Where’s Otosan and Okasan?”

“Sooji-chan, is that you? Oh my goodness, it is you!” Mrs. Itou welcomed me to their home, “You did miss us that much, huh?”

I shrugged.

“Still the same stoic Sooji-chan we know.” She shook her head, “Your otosan’s busy with work. Some business meetings here and there, as always.”

“I’m not stoic.” I crinkled my nose, sitting on the cushioned floor. “Okasan, can you do me a fav—”

Mrs. Itou shut her eyes closed and sighed, “Do you want me to buy the whole Shibuya 109 for you?”

“Okasan, just buy the whole Tokyo for her!” Sadako stomped her way into the house, sitting beside me. “Sooji-chan, why don’t you just do your own shopping? Okasan’s old and tired!”

“I don’t care.” I rolled my eyes, “Sakura can do it, if she can’t. Or maybe Pokemon? Or call Balbasaur!”

“Enough!” Mrs. Itou raised her hand, “I’m going shopping today anyway. Sadako, you want to come?”

“I’ll pass. I need to watch over the house. Sooji-chan might burn it down.”

Pfft… these Japanese derps, why won’t they stop with the honorifics? Japanese honorifics are really long. It took me a week to learn how to use these crappy name extensions.  Compared to Korean honorifics, they’re a foot longer and I don’t even use any honorifics. Aside from mother and father, that is.

“Hoi!” I poked her head. “I brought all my clothes. I don’t need them anymore.”

“What do you want me to do?” She whined.

“I don’t know. Burn them? Or sell them?” I shrugged, “Whatever floats your boat.”

“Hmmm…” She nodded her head, a cheeky grin forming in her face. “Where’s your luggage?”

“Out side.” I gestured my hand to the front door.

“You left it outside??? YOU IDIOT!” She growled, running outside to get my luggage, she pulled it inside, struggling for her life. I think she croaked, asking me for help but whatever. She’s a big girl now, much bigger than she was two years ago. She can handle it by herself.

“So… what’s your plan with my clothes?”

“I’m going to auction them.” She evilly laughed. “Kids at school would probably kill for your clothes. Bwahahahhaa…”

I rolled my eyes. Whatever this girl is talking about, I don’t care. It’s weird and I don’t want to listen to it.

“Oh come on, you’re being mean again, Sooji-chan!” She pouted, “And by the way, one of your suitors came and asked for you. How could you give him our home address!?!?!”

“I never gave my address to anyone. He probably stalked me.” I scoffed, “Tell him, I’m not interested with his poop-urine-vomit face. And it would be best if he take a video of himself flushing himself into the toilet and upload it on Youtube.”

“Kill the crap. You’re being mean!”

“When was I not?”

“When you’re sleepin—oh no, you snore, that’s mean!” She snickered, “You’ve got a husband, right? Wow! I’m shocked, he hasn’t given up on you yet. You snore loudly!!!”

“I DON’T!” I charged onto her. I don’t care whether she’s twelve years old and this scene is making me immature right now. I do not care! “I don’t snore loud, okay!!!”

“Geez, calm down Sooji-chan!” She chuckled, raising her hands to surrender. “You didn’t even invite us to your wedding, after being a burden for two years.”

Screw you.

“And you haven’t gotten rid of that bag!” She pointed to the rucksack I was carrying on my back. “Is that so special to you that you use it all the time? You’ve tortured that all throughout high school and until now?”

Luhan gave me this bag. I don’t know why until now I still use this. It hadn’t crossed my mind until now Sadako brought it up.

“Cat got your tongue?” She shook her head, “When are you going back?”

“Tomorrow morning.”

“SERIOUSLY?!?!” She doubled over, laughing. “You’re going to be late for your flight, I swear.

This kid!!!

“I won’t be late.” I snickered, “I’m going to stay for the night.”

After 9375395 hours of blankly staring at the ceiling with the twelve year old weirdo, Mrs. Itou came back with Mr. Itou, carrying at several bags of clothes. And when I say several, like an annual supply of them. Okay that was exaggerated!

Maybe half a year.

“Waaah! Okasan, you bought all these for Sooji-chan?” Sadako beamed, her eyes have grown as wide at tennis balls. “You weren’t lying when you said you were going to buy the whole Shibuya 109.”

“Okasan, are these all for me?” I gaped at the bags. “How am I supposed to pay for all these?”

“Ha!” Sadako smirked. I turned and glared at her. This kid, I swear, I’m going to decapitate her.

 

No one’s POV

“Sooji…?” Chanyeol rubbed his eyes upon seeing you on their doorstep. After a while, he regained his sense and pulled you inside the dorm, “Have you bought it?”

“Yep.” You nodded, albeit fumbling with your luggage for the pink box album you bought straight from Japan. “Not sure if this is the thing though.”

Chanyeol took the box from you and examined it. He wasn’t also sure whether it is the album or not, but since it did look strange, maybe it is. “I think so… Oh, wait your dog is here. I’ll go get him. Sit down and make yourself comfortable, just don’t make noise because they’re all sleeping.”

He slowly opened the door to his room and your fluffy white dog came running out of the room to you.

“Baekhyun-ah, did you miss me??” You crouched down and ruffled its head. “Because I didn’t.”

“Yah! You should attach a birthday note onto the album, okay?”

“But why?”

“To make it special.”

“Tch… why did I have to buy for Baekhyun and not for you instead? Since, I’m maki—”

“Just go home!” Chanyeol smiled. You stood up and walked out of their dorm but Chanyeol called you again, “Sooji!!! You may want to entertain your visitor at home.”

“Visitor?” You furrowed your eyebrows and hurried up to your unit with Baekhyun. “Baekkie, move faster!!!”

After a short elevator ride, you reached your unit. You punched the password and opened the door, only to find a blonde-haired boy sitting on the couch.

“Baekhyun…?” You raised an eyebrow, “Did you dye your hair?”

He slowly turned his head around, revealing himself.

“Hi Jiji!” He beamed, waving his hand.

“Luhan…” You mumbled, closing the door behind you. You ignored him and headed to your bedroom.

Baekhyun was sleeping soundly, under the covers. Your face softened and shifted your look to your dog, then to Baekhyun, then the dog, then Baekhyun, then the dog, then Baekhyun, then the dog, then Baekhyun, then to the dog again and so on and so forth.

“They look like each other…” You chuckled, walking over to the desk to get a sticky note and a pen. You scribbled a few words and stuck it on the album. You placed the album beside Baekhyun and left the room.

“What are you doing here?” You asked coldly, “Just because you’re my ex and you’re Baekhyun’s friend doesn’t mean you have to bombard into our house.”

“I didn’t,” Luhan looked down, “He let me sleep over last night because I had n—”

“Ok.”

“Sooji, I’m sorry, okay.” He bit his lip, “I’m sorry for insulting you that night. I’m sorry for breaking up with you, I di—”

“What are you talking about?” You scoffed, but inside your chest was tightening and you were sure that tears were ready to fall. Him saying sorry just brings back the painful memories from the past.

“I’m sorry. Please don’t be bitter with me. I didn’t want to break up with you, okay?”

“Oh really now, Luhan?” You raised your eyebrow. “Then what? Somebody paid you to break up with me? Some girl was threatening my life? What? What Luhan?!?! What bullcrap are you going to reason out to me?”

“It’s your father.” He exhaled. He didn’t want to admit the real reason but if it’s the only way to have you forgive him, then so be it. “He didn’t know that we’re in a relationship. But, he knew I had a girlfriend. And he told me to break up with my girlfriend or else, I wouldn’t get into EXO.”

“You’re selfish!” Your voice broke, tears b in your eyes. “You’re freaking selfish Luhan! You could’ve told me, I would understand. I’d let you go! You didn’t have to insult me. You’re rude! You’re freaking selfish!!!”

“I’m sorry.” Luhan scooted closer to you, only to have you punch his chest hard.

“I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! You’re so selfish! I hate you! Go die in a fire, Luhan!!!!!” You cried. Luhan felt his heart tore when he saw you crying so he immediately pulled you in for a hug.

Maybe this is why Kai didn’t want him to apologize to her. He finally understood.

“Get off me!!! You jerk! Go away! You ugly man-! Get your filthy hands off me!!!” You pushed him away. “Two years! Two years, Luhan! I wasted two freaking years to make myself look feminine because you insulted me! Do you know how hard it was to make a 360-degree attitude change?”

“…”

“I was so broken! Why didn’t you just die? Why—”

 

Baekhyun’s POV

I woke up with a bright smile on my face. I knew today is going to be great. I just know. Bwahahahahahahahaha! And then I looked onto my side and saw a pink box lying on the bed. I jumped off the bed and squaled.

HOEYTMYONMbEGNEOINEQ THIS IS GIRLS & PEACE!!!!!

“Oh yeaaah! I knew it! This is my day! Boomba!” I danced, wiggling my like a llama. I ran my hand smoothly on the contour and read the sticky note.

Happy Birthday Baekhyun, dog with rabies.

-Sooji.

I frowned at the fact that she insulted me. But I’m okay. She bought me something. HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. This definitely is something.

“Is that rat falling in love with me?” I smirked, taking the album with me as I ran off the bedroom. “SOOOJI!”

I jumped over the couch and crashed her into a hug. “SOOJI!! You’re back!!”

“Yeah, yeah I am.” She said in a weak voice. Her eyes looked puffy and red. And then I realized, Luhan was here.

Ooops.

And she's crying.

Tch... this is hyung's fault.

What the hell did he do to her?

RUDE.

“Are you okay?” I asked her and glared at Luhan, “Hyung, what did you do to her?”

 


A/N: HELLO GUYS! :DDDDDD jgbuiggveugv Okay is this war??? o___o Anyways, my exams are next week. I want to cryyy! I have so many problems pmsl

oh yeah, I used a few Japanese honorifics in there so if you were confused about what this or that meant... refer here:

______-chan:  it expresses that the speaker finds a person endearing. In general, chan is used, but is not limited to, babies, young children, grandparents and teenage girls. It may also be used towards cute animals, lovers, close friends, any youthful woman, or between friends.

Otosan: Father

Okasan: Mother

@myADDiCTION22: Awww. Thank you!!! You're so sweet, gall! :D

@Tarsier: HUYY ITIGIL MO NA YAN! ANG SAKIT NG TIYAN KO KAKATAWA!! mas natatawa ako sayo kesa sa mga sinulat ko and cory ko kasi e. IKAW WINNER NA WINNER! XD UY NAKAKAIYAK AT NAKAKATUWA KA SOBRA!!

@Promi53ToB3li3v3: You're welcome ^^

@miyako1747: BWAHAHHAHA

@Hismystericsmile: Teka teka, I'm working on it!!! Malapit na anf IF WE FALL IN LOVEEEEEEE.... doink doink~~~

@capitalHS: Yep. I'm not, srsly. I don't think what I write is funny :((( Eeeeep. Really? Are you serious? o____o but thank you!!! you're so sweet

@pandagirl753: WAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA DAEBAK!

@lovemeknot: omg cute ng u/n mo!!! :> awww thank you. o sige wag kang mag-alala! MADAMI PA YAN MGA DRE! >:))) album ko!

@ehminnie_18: EH?!?!?!?! I'm not bullying Baekhyun, okay?!!!!??! What made you think so???