Surprise

The Ex-Girlfriend

Baekhyun’s POV

We didn’t speak to each other the following day. Rather, I avoided him. It was just so awkward. My wife is his ex-girlfriend. I can’t believe I even thought of helping Luhan hyung get his ex-girlfriend back.

Not that I have feelings for Sooji and I don’t want them back together but if I help them get back, then we would divorce. I thought Sooji didn’t like the idea of getting a divorce?

Complicated.

“Baek, you’re up on stage in a few.” My manager peeked into the room, informing me and leaving right away.

I merely nodded and went back to thinking.

Should I help hyung get her back? What if she doesn’t like Luhan hyung anymore? What if…

… I don’t want to?

“Ugh! What am I saying?” I groaned, banging my head on the table. “Oww.”

Not long after, a faint ring emanated from my phone on the table. Slowly, I took it and subconsciously smiled to myself. No one sees me right?

Dora Rat Killer is calling.

Immediately I pressed the green icon on the screen and squealed for the sake of irritating her, “Sooooooji~ I knew it! You missed me!”

“Save it, peasant.” She deadpanned. How dare you call me peasant! I was about to give her a witty remark when overly low quality music started playing in the background.

Living without you, living alone

This empty house seems so cold

 Wanting to hold you, wanting you near

 How much I wanted you home

 

 But now that you've come back

Turned night into day I need you to stay

 

So now I come to you with open arms

 Nothing to hide, believe what I say

So here I am with open arms

Hoping you'll see what your love means to me, open a—

Right before the chorus ends, the music stopped and I heard soft rumblings from the other line.

“Where did you buy your voice? For how much? You better sing this to me when you come back or I’ll castrate you!” She threatened. Wow, I am terrified.

“Are you fangirling over my voice now?”

“Yes. Your voice is amazing! I feel like I was listening to a grand church choir. And oh yeah, Baekhyun my fangirling has a price. Pay up when you come back. Multiply all my compliments to 20000 won!”

“WHAT???”

“I’m broke. I bought stuff and I’m broke. I need your money! I’m hungry. I can’t cook. Come home now! Wait… I take that back. Tell Kyungsoo to come home so he can cook for me. Bye, peasant.” She hung up. But it took me a long minute to realize that she wasn’t on the line anymore.

“Arghhhh… why would Luhan hyung like an unproductive girl like her?” I popped my knuckled, ready to throw my phone.

 

Sooji’s POV

Raising a dog is hard. Living with a dog is hard. Taking care of a dog is hard. Breathing with a dog is hard. I’m broke. I’m starving. I’m alone, with a dog. I want to

DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Big font size for emphasis.

“Why does this thing look easy on television?” I groaned, my body sprawled on the couch like a madman. “Baeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!! Come back! I am so done.”

Come back. Dashi dorawa. Dorawa dorawa. Dashi dorawa dorawa dorawa. Dashi dorawaaaaaaaaaaaaaa… waaaa

It’s already Monday and I ditched school because I’m starving and I’m so alone and I really want to murder this dog I can.

Bark!

“Oh don’t you dare bark at me!” I growled at him. “I’m freaking broke because I bought you food and stuff and you! I hate my lifeeee!”

I’m so mad.

And just to ruin my day more and more, the doorbell rang. I jumped off the couch, running for the door to open it. It’s probably Baekhyun. Or Kai. Or D. O. Or a pizza guy! Sheesh, I’m so hungry! Or maybe a fat llama?

Who eats a fat llama?

“What the?” I blurted when I saw my father’s secretary right at my door step. “What are you doing here?”

“Miss, your father wants you in the office.” He said.

“Okay. I’ll just take a bath and change.” I looked down at my weird looking Stitch pajamas. Why do I even have this?

“We have no time.” He grabbed my wrist and closed the door, leaving my poor dog alone in the house. Oh no, what if hooligans come and my dog? Or worse, kill him and chop his body? Or granulated him and turn him into HOTDOG?? Noooooo… my Baekhyun dog!!!

“My dog! He’s alone in the house!” I yelled at my father’s secretary when we got inside the car. “Can I get him?”

“We’ll just send someone to watch him over.” He said in a panicky voice.

What’s up, coconut?

In a span of two minutes and fifty seven seconds we arrived in front of the SM building. I walked inside, chuckling to myself. I thought I was banned here?

HAHAHAHAHA Lee Sooman, I know you love me.

“Wait here, miss. The boys should arrive soon.” He told me, giving me a light tap on the shoulder before disappearing.

I plopped myself on the couch and took some shut-eye. I’m so hungry I can eat an elephant named Elephant. Maybe sleep can help me forget about my hunger. My exaggerated hunger.

 

No one’s POV

The boys arrived in front of the SM Building an hour after their arrival in Incheon airport. Finally, they could rest for a while before Chanyeol’s birthday party tonight. When the van doors slid open, they rushed outside and walked into the building, some of them waving to the fans.

Baekhyun immediately spotted you, sleeping on the couch, looking undeniably adorable with the Stitch pajamas on. He was supposed to approach and wake you up, when Luhan beat him to it.

“SOOOOOOJI!!!” Luhan screamed, running to you and shaking your shoulders violently. When your eyes fluttered open, he quickly pulled you up and gave you a bear hug, lifting you up in the air and swirling around.

You blinked in surprise. Your vision was still blurred and when it turned clear, you saw Exo-K with five other unfamiliar faces gaping at you and the guy who’s hugging you. It couldn’t be Baekhyun because he’s right there staring at you. Not Kai either because he was right beside Baekhyun.

“Let me go.” You said in your infamous monotone voice. Luhan immediately let you go and you recognized him. You scoffed, cocking your head to the side. “Long time no see, Luhan.” ‘Ugh. Remind me to burn this Stitch pajamas later. Did I mention that Luhan gave this to me? And I gave him the same item, in pink color?’

“Sooji…” Luhan bit his lip, looking down. He sensed that, you’re still mad at him by the tone of voice you were using. “I’m sorry.”

“What for?” You gave him an incredulous look, “For manhandling me? I… think you should apologize to my husband, standing over there.”

Luhan scratched the back of his head, smiling awkwardly. He felt humiliated.

Kai noticed the tension building up between you and Luhan so he felt the need to take action. He gave Luhan a sympathetic pat on the shoulder and dragged you to the other members.

“Hyungs, meet Sooji!” He beamed, “Baekhyun hyung’s wife and Lee Sooman-nim’s daughter. And Kim Jongin’s best friend!!!!”

“Hi.” You gave them a nod, pretending to show interest. You were really pissed. Meeting Luhan again was so unexpected, you hadn’t prepared for it.

Kai introduced them to you before dragging you out of the building to a nearby coffee shop.

 

Baekhyun’s POV - Best read with music. Load it first, before reading for smooth flow. Wakekekeke :)

As soon as we walked inside the SM building, I immediately recognized Sooji sitting on the couch, asleep with her Stitch pajamas on. Her head was titled upward and was slightly open. She obviously looked tired.

Wait, today is Monday? She’s supposed to be in school. Aigoo…

I was about to approach her when someone passed through me, bumping me in the process, and shaking her awake. It was no other than Luhan hyung.

“SOOOOOOOJI!!!” He squealed to her ear, loudly and annoyingly. Won’t it hurt her ear drums? If she ever gets deaf, I swear, I’ll emasculate you!

It wasn’t even half a centimeter when her eyes opened, when Luhan hyung pulled her up, hugged her close to him and swung her around. I suddenly felt stabbed in the stomach with a screw driver. Argh… why am I even feeling this way?

She met eyes with me, but I was so indulged in thought, I just stared at the scene.

“Let me go.” I hear her cold voice again. I was expecting her to say something witty. Say something like she doesn’t know Luhan hyung at all. Or maybe something very nice like what best friends do when they meet. But all she did was her head to the side and scoff bitterly, “Long time no see, Luhan.”

The next thing I knew, Kai dragged her to us and dragged her out of the building. Dazed, I looked at the floor with empty eyes.

“Baek…?” Chanyeol poked my cheek, taking me back to reality. “What’s with Luhan hyung and Sooji?”

I shrugged.

“Well, won’t you follow them?” Kris hyung asked me in his angry bird-like deep voice.

Maybe I should. I run out of the building and walked around, peeking through glass windows to see if they’re there. Maybe I could get the answer to my question. If Sooji wants Luhan hyung back or not. But whatever her answer is, it would always depend on me, right?

Or maybe not.

They were inside the coffee shop, seated on the farthest table. Sooji had her face buried in her hands while Kai rubbed her back in a brotherly manner.

WHY ARE THESE TWO NOT BIOLOGICAL SIBLINGS?

Sheesh they’re better than the Jung sisters and Thunder and Dara.

“Sooji?” I called out when I reached their table. Sooji sniffed and immediately wiped her tears, as if nothing happened while Kai looked up giving me an apologetic frown. “Are you alright?”

“When will that question ever expire?” She bitterly replied. “Get lost.”

“I’m sorry.” I said. Even though I was fully aware that I’m not at fault for her tears. It’s Luhan hyung after all.

“What for?” She snapped, “Can’t you see me and Jongin are having a priv—”

“He’s just concerned, Sooji.” Kai tried to console her.

 Argh! Why do I even feel bothered by this? She should’ve just married Kai because she always listens to him. They would do a better couple. They would look better together. Because Kai’s tall and they’ve known each other for so many years even Euclid cannot express it in Geometry.

“I don’t need you to be concerned. I don’t need anybody. Just get away. Don’t make me burden you.”

I never knew she’d sound this bitter.

She was always mean but I know she meant it in a joking manner. Because she‘s really mean, just that. But right now, she wasn’t being mean. She’s being bitter. BITTER.

ACRID.

Worse than bitter gourd.

“Fine.” I pouted, turning on my heels, ready to walk away. I was just being concerned. Now if she doesn’t need help, then so be it. “Bye.”

Stepping my right foot forward, I felt her thin fingers wrap around my wrist and turning me around.

Ha! I thought you didn't need me? I thought you never needed my concern, huh?

“Wait.” She stood up and kissed me on the cheek, surprisingly sending my heart out to Exo planet, wherever that damn planet is.

 


A/N: I really don't know whatever I am doing right now! T____T shoot me. Hohohoh guys I might be updating later. If I finish my homeworks early, that is. BUWAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA AND GUYYSSS I just reached 100 subscribers!!! Yay!!! Thank you so much peopleeee! :>

@miyako1747: lmao PWNED XD

@Hismystericsmile: WAHAHHAHA MALAMANG GULAT! 

@gongchansbutt: yep yep. luhan had it planned all well XD omg i'm crying so hard rn because of you! ;AAAA; waaaaah if exo waves at me i'm probably on cloud nine T____T

@ParkHeeRa: WAHAHHA KINILIG ANG BAKLAAA! parehas tayo! APIR!!!

@myADDiCTION22: wahhahahahahhaa kakilig ba??? di naman ata

@Tarsier: Uy ganda ng un natin ah! Kamusta ang buhay sa bohol, ha? xD IPAGLABAN TALAGA? war na ba? 

@pandagirl753: Hohohoohoho! Punch Luhan all you want! His cute baby face tho T_____T

@hearthips: WEEEEEEEE~ sorry i wasn't able to update soon :(

@Aznpocky: What the?? Really? lol XDXDXD

@joy_lovekpop: Baekhyun will flush himself in the toilet! Jokeeee~ 

@shin_kyung: //revives you through Baekhyun//

@Selenastelle: Pmsl. I remember my friend calling my lucifer's love child with someone .____. sorry :((( You know, it's fun teasing readers like thaaaat! WHOA THERE!! Hey, for now, Sooji's not yet Baekhyun's life. NOT YET XD 

@ehminnie_18: wahhaha inamin din! joke!!! osige, pero warning kung ano man makita mo jan.... wenk wenk wenk! XD

@lei-jjang: Waaaaah ate???? Teka hoy ilang taon ka na ba? Di naman siguro ako ganun katanda no? T__T XD